HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2011, 08:25 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Yeah, it turns tight on each magnet. So thats good? Some of my others are not so tight (microjet,supersonic,megajet)?
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2011, 08:49 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
2,942 Posts
as long as its not rubbing. Put a battery on her and spin it up. Check the amps and post what size battery and esc

I think mine should be here by friday.
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Im selling my 220mph jet
Old Nov 02, 2011, 04:36 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
2,942 Posts
i received mine today I checked the motor and its very snappy. As I said before.. Thats a good thing

Nice plane. I think I throw it together tonight.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2011, 05:48 PM
FireHawx
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
So your motors tight too? Well I tried to get out for a quick maiden today but it is VERY windy here today. Not the best for a first throw. Last time I rushed out when the weather was not so good I was picking up the pieces. So I'll hear about you first. I think the reason that guy on HK could not fly his is because the batt sits on the wings almost in the cavity not in the "normal" batt compartment. That is the way it balances at the CG.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 05:50 PM
FireHawx
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
I do not see how he could even fit a batt. in the front with that foam coming down off the hatch....
Old Nov 02, 2011, 08:40 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
2,942 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. I put everything together except the vit fins. I was(still am) intending on installing a 2W-20 motor, but I figured Id just test it out first with the stock motor. Going to need to do some carving to fit the 2200mah pack. Pretty obvious that everything has to go back. I spun up the motor with the fan on, and noticed a lot of vibration. I think the hub is out of balance. Might have to get rid of that, and just use a nut. It could also be the shaft hole is not in the center.

Youll be maidening long before me. Im waiting till the weekend. Work hours are to long, and the days are getting really short here.

Dont forget to get video

Trev
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2011, 08:43 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
2,942 Posts
Do you have a Watt Meter? What kinda amps are you pulling
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2011, 09:27 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,920 Posts
"Snapping" on each magnet is merely a function of how the magnets line up. You can have a good motor that does this or a POS motor that does this.

As for the cloning issue...it is shameless. Again and again, we reward them for looking over the shoulder of the guys who actually create the planes we love and steal from them.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Nov 03, 2011, 03:54 PM
FireHawx
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Well just because something looks somewhat similar I do not think we should put them down? A lot of cars have similar trait, is that a clone? Volvo started airbags, should we put others down for "cloning" that idea. I know it is apples and oranges but you get the idea. Anyway $220 for some foam and a small $2 electric motor. Thats your FJ....
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:02 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
2,942 Posts
They dont snap so much when the magnets are broken

As for copying the fun jet or what ever its called.. All the power to them! I couldnt care less that it looks very similar. I definantly think it looks even better. But the real reason I bought it was because of the fantastic price! I wouldnt waist $150 for a peice of foam, but $32 is exceptible.

I really hope the did a good job of coping the JetCat P-80se too. cause Im getting one

Long live the King!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:53 PM
FireHawx
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
I second that "Long Live the KING" Well I got out for the maiden and it flew great!. I could not get my wifey out w/me to shoot vid sorry I had a small run-in with a branch on my last batt. on the last lap. That just seems to be my luck sometimes. It stood up to the branch well, only a small gnash where the wing meets the fuse. First try half throttle it belly flopped, but second try 3/4 throttle and it took off!! Do not use low throws cause you will have a weak elevator (thats how I winged the branch)..Sorry I do not have a watt meter. It is on my loooong list.. It makes a light. whistle when I did low passes. I think it was the vents in the bottom. It corkscrewed nice also with a good track. I did fly it with an APC 6x4 and Gen Ace 1300 25C 3S.
Old Nov 03, 2011, 09:07 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
2,942 Posts
Good Stuff FireHawk!!! I finished mine tonight. I installed the ESC from the Stinger Jet. Its 30a and I thought it might not be big enough..LOL Its only drawing 15amps and 150Watts lol. mind you the batts were a little on the low side. Ive been playing with high power EDFs for so long, Im used to seeing 100amp and 2500+ Watts.lol

I ballanced the fan and I noticed that the aluminum hub has the tightening hole drilled off center. I corrected that, and now there is no vibrations at all Im running the stock prop, but i seriously dont think Ill be using this setup for any period of time. This plane deserves POWER! and Lots of it. I definantly going to install the 2W 20 with a 60 ESC on a 6x6 prop. That should get it to move out.

Glad it all worked out for you. Now get some VIDEO
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2011, 11:39 PM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Sep 2011
13 Posts
If you guys don't like it, please sell it to me.
ChaosFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChaosFlyer
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:53 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
2,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFlyer View Post
If you guys don't like it, please sell it to me.
I take it there on backorder

I maidened mine today. All went well. It flys ok on the stock CG location, but It could go back maybe another 10mm. I flew it twice with a 1800mah turnagy 3s 40c pack and an older 2200mah 20c pack. Increadibly both packs weigh the exact same Im charging both packs now to see how much she used. Both flights were 4min.

This thing is definantly getting the 2W 20 now. It fly ok for someone new to this type of AC. But I need more speed!! 80klm aint going to cut it. I need at least 130mph So now that I know the CG works. She;s going under the knife
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2011, 06:11 PM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Sep 2011
13 Posts
50 mph is a bit slow. If you can get it to 80-100 mph please tell me. I haven't ever flown this type of plane, so would you recomend it? 70 bucks plus shipping for the pnp one is still quite something.
ChaosFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChaosFlyer