HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:06 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,555 Posts
Cool
Telemetry...Great Product!

Well yesterday my Quanum 2.4 telemetry system arrived from HK. The last time I flew my SuperStreak (Modified ElectroStreak) I nearly lost the plane over corn due to an older 4S battery really dumping on me. So I ordered the system for $49 USD.
Hooked it up today and took it for a flight with the same plane, same system, same old tired lipos. I put the transmitter for the telemetry system right on top of the battery. No problems with the radio or the plane receiver.
All I can say is great product for the price. The only problem is...I caught myself looking at it instead of the plane a couple of times If you hold your transmitter up to plane level and check the readout it is much safer.
I set it up with two alarms for cell voltage and after a good flight in high gusty winds the first alarm went off. I turned around and set up for final immediately because of the lousy battery. The second alarm went off on final and the ESC cutoff cut in. Great landing! Great product for the money.
The AMP and temperature attachment are in the mail
arcticflyer is online now Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Last edited by arcticflyer; Oct 21, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:38 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
That's just "one" thing I like about my A9.
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:57 PM
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
It's a cool Product, I've been using version 1 since 01/18/10

Thx
FPV101 is offline Find More Posts by FPV101
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
Just for reference - there have been A LOT of people complaining of these units refusing to bind. I had the same issue, and was about to return it as DOA.

Then I read one person's reply, and he said "you have to be patient" and "sometimes it takes up to a minute".....well, I'd already given it five minutes, but I was feeling snarky, so I plugged the receiver into USB while it was trying to bind, and left the transmitter plugged into the battery, and went to bed.

Around 6am, I woke up to an annoying beeping noise, and - it had bound, and was complaining that my 3S battery was under 12v (it's set up for larger battery packs, by default.) and has worked flawlessly since.

Moral of the story: If it won't bind, let it think about it overnight. Might save you post to China and back.
DaninFuchs is offline Find More Posts by DaninFuchs
Last edited by DaninFuchs; Oct 22, 2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:43 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,555 Posts
Agreed,...it sure isn't an Eagletree Dash Board but WOW is it cheaper!
Can't wait to get the AMP and temp attachment.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
Brings back good memories of when I first got my unit, initially I would beg it to bind.

Then I realized that I just had to hold the bind button down for a few seconds, and Walla binds each and every time.

If memory serves me right I paid about $75.00 for V1.1 when HK first started carrying them, Will probably get another one when this one dies.

arcticflyer This is the poor mans eagletree

Have Fun,

FPV101
FPV101 is offline Find More Posts by FPV101
Old Nov 02, 2011, 07:37 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,555 Posts
Amp/Temp arrived!

YEEEHAAA....got the AMP/Temp add on the other day and went to work. Made it with robust wires to handle loads near 100 and not become a choke point. Worked flawlessly...used my Ice Lite 200esc to confirm the readings after the flight and they were accurate. Also got the flexible antenna which took up alot less space inside the already stuffed plane.
I now have realtime Voltage,Amp measurement, and Temp when I want it right on my transmitter.
I love my poor man's DashBoard....good investment for about $75dollars.