HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:49 PM
Joined Jul 2011
35 Posts
Discussion
problem with electric glider flight after a crash

Dear all,

I'm looking for some help. I come back to RC models afte 20 years of non practice and my analysis skills are now very smooth. I Crashed my Kinetic 800 some weeks ago (lost one wing during the flight). I repaired it. It flies again, but it seems much more difficult to fly than before:
- it needs a lot of trim (seems more thqn before) on the elevator to suppress stall,
- when you push the throttle, then the plane immediately goes up, almost starting a loop when with full throttle.

But the CG is OK, and the front of the plane does not seems damaged.

What to look for ? What could cause this ?

Regards,

JMF
JMF11 is offline Find More Posts by JMF11
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:05 PM
Where'd The Wise Men Go?!?
United States, NE, Bellevue
Joined Sep 2007
2,968 Posts
just a couple ideas...
Incidence problem? The third photo looks like the stab is a little off from the main wing, but almost opposite of what you are describing...
You said the front of the plane wasn't damaged - but again the photos seem to show the nose pointed upwards which would explain this...

I'm not familiar with the model here - but just a few ideas I had..
AC5FF is offline Find More Posts by AC5FF
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:57 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC5FF View Post
just a couple ideas...
Incidence problem? The third photo looks like the stab is a little off from the main wing, but almost opposite of what you are describing...
You said the front of the plane wasn't damaged - but again the photos seem to show the nose pointed upwards which would explain this...

I'm not familiar with the model here - but just a few ideas I had..
I was thinking the same. The leading edge of the horz stab looks to be high which would cause you to need up trim for level flight.

The top of the fuse just behind the motor mount looks a little scrunched changing the thrust line (up) which would cause the plane to climb when you apply throttle.

It's a little hard to tell from just pictures, but these might be a few things to consider taking a closer look at.

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:22 PM
Joined Jul 2011
35 Posts
Thanks for your advices. I see that both of you see the nose of the plane pointing too high. I have to investigate this further. I may have to remove the red plastic piece, to see how is the foam behind it.

I'll post the result.

Thanks again,

JMF
JMF11 is offline Find More Posts by JMF11
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:31 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Second photo, is that just wrinkles in the decal or has the nose been 'crumpeled' at some point?

Yea double check the firewall, I had one crack but it kind of set in place throwing the thrust angle all wonky. You couldent tell by glancing at it. The next flight was exciting.
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem