Old Oct 21, 2011, 03:33 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
Discussion
KKmulticopter Flash Tool

Hi,

I just opened this thread to centralize the hole questions, ideas, informations and so on in one place, as I do not check all 3 pages of thread updates per day in this section. So I loose a little bit the overview.

Most of you may know about the KKmulticopter Flash Tool. For the others that are new to it. KKmulticopter Flash Tool is an easy to use tool for flashing new firmware to any kind of KK-board.
The Tool is platform independent and can be run on every PC that has Java installed. To update you need a programmer that is supported by avrdude, as I use it as backend. I personally have the Atmel AVRisp mkII and several USBasp. For just updating firmware on your KK-board you can take the much cheaper USBasp.

If you have any wishes, suggestions, ideas, problems please feel free to post it here. If want contribute the project feel free to contact me throw the build in mail feature of the tool or by the form on my home page. There are today already 21 persons translating the tool to 19 languages.

The tool can be found on http://kkflashtool.de

I want also to thank once again kapteinKuk for the great project he started, and all people that are contributing to kk and especially the flashtool.

Christian

Please give me your feedback about the new Logo:

http://lazyzero.de/en/kklogopoll

LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Last edited by LazyZero; Sep 10, 2014 at 08:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2011, 03:12 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
Thanks a Lot.........

Hi Christian,

thank you for making this Tool. Now flying 2 Years Multicopters and here on my Table lying two Minsoo Kim Boards, will try tomorrow to flash them with your tool. I get my USBASp before two days from China. So I have to frickle me a 10 to 6 Adapter like you show us. I am a total beginner in Flashing. So Thanks a Lot for Help us all.

And now the problems beginn. Have all new fischl.de Usbasp driver installed. Blue Board is not connected. Then i push the Button for Test.
------------- avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc
Error during setting the fuses.
Flashing of firmware aborted. -----------------

What is wrong ?

Mike
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Last edited by Rc Heli Halle; Oct 22, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:16 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
All working.. try and error...

Hi,
someone have to say me that all pics from 6Pin adaptor pics are from Top Looking down. I have made my 6Pin Adapter wrong. I think it is shown when you kook on it. Now all is clear and your Programm working perfect.
One Flashing Idiot, make a Step foreward. Thanks Christian.+++++
Mike
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:30 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
Beer Donate on the Way...............
Old Oct 24, 2011, 01:04 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
Hi Mike,

thanks for the beer. I will enjoy it next weekend. And sorry for the late reply but this weekend was dedicated to the family.

Christian
Old Oct 24, 2011, 01:05 PM
Flyin' Crashin' fixin'
Spain, AL, Granada
Joined Jul 2011
35 Posts
Hi all,

I am having some trouble flashing one of Minsoo Kim's blackboards with a Atmega 168 MCU.

The issue I am having when using the flashool, is that once I have flashed the board(using Fischl's usbasp driver), and I plug it back on the the Y6 frame, as I swtich the thing on, the led stays on instead of just turning on and then off again... Then when I try to arm the board, it does'nt do anything...

I have another kkmulticopter.kr board (the blue one) and I have no issues at all flashing that one.

I have not seen any similar cases online, this is why I am posting this here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as due to this I have'nt been able to take off with this Y6 prohect I have been on...

Cheers
James
Jamesse007 is offline Find More Posts by Jamesse007
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:31 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
I already wrote this to the FLYCAM blackboard threat.

In the moment the firmwares in the kkmulticopter flash tool are only for kk-boards not for Flycam blackboard. The repository is currently only containing the blueboard branch of Minsoo's firmware. I may indicate this more clearer on my page.

But you can try to download the adequate firmware from Minsoo's page and unzip it some where. Then you can flash it by the flash from file function of my tool.

I hope this works. If that is the case and you can confirm I will try to do some changes in my tool to make the FLYCAM blackboard also supported by me.

Best Christian
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:53 PM
Joined Aug 2003
2,631 Posts
I'm using AVR Studio with an AVR ISPMkII, but I used your flashtool to retrieve .hex file for a tricopter. Initially, I used the libusb with your flashtool, but I didnt like the way the AVR reacted so I uninstalled the libusb driver.

What I wonder is how do I totally uninstall libusb?

Everything works at this point with AVR Studio and I appreciate the flashtool as a repository, but I dont know what or where libusb installed stuff.

Win7
HELModels is offline Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:29 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
The libusb0.sys and libusb0.dll must be installed somewhere in system32, sytem32/drivers or system64. That what I read in the installation script of the driver.
There will also be a registry entry. But I see no need for removing it, as the jungo driver will be registered when plug in the AVRisp.

BTW I am currently preparing the next beta, there will be some major changes in the avrdude backend. Therefore I need some testers. They have to be experienced with the flashtool and their PC. Preferable they should have one of mySmartUSB, popolu or an other programmer different to avrisp mkII and usbasp.

Christian

P.S. Please fill the poll. So I see which programmer is important to support.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:16 AM
Flyin' Crashin' fixin'
Spain, AL, Granada
Joined Jul 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
I already wrote this to the FLYCAM blackboard threat.

In the moment the firmwares in the kkmulticopter flash tool are only for kk-boards not for Flycam blackboard. The repository is currently only containing the blueboard branch of Minsoo's firmware. I may indicate this more clearer on my page.

But you can try to download the adequate firmware from Minsoo's page and unzip it some where. Then you can flash it by the flash from file function of my tool.

I hope this works. If that is the case and you can confirm I will try to do some changes in my tool to make the FLYCAM blackboard also supported by me.

Best Christian
Hi Christian,

That is actually what I did. I used the option Atmega168 as the MCU and then flash from file using the Y6 v2.3 from kkmulticopter.kr which I had peviously downloaded. I flash the board, everything thing seems to be ok as there are no errors during flashing. But when I plug the board up to the Y6, switch it on and try to arm it, it doesnt respond...

I have done it in the past with the blueboard and no problems at all!

I have also tried using AVRstudio, but it doesnt seem to recognise my USB device. I am using a USBAVE programer from betemcu.cn (it also says on the usb device: S51 & AVR). I have converted the 10 pin conector to a 6 pin using your secifications and it has worked perfectly with the blueboard, so I dont think the problem lies there...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your hard work Christian. It has been very helpfull to me until this small issue I am having with the blackboard...

Regards,

James
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:31 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
You are sure you downloaded the Y6 for blackboard? Sorry for asking such stupid questions.

If that is the case it seams at the FLYCAM blackboard has other fuse settings.

Christian
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:50 AM
Droner
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Mar 2006
2,410 Posts
Where's the PayPal donate button?

SebastianJ is offline Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:53 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
It is hidden on the flashtool page. Search for "buy me a beer" ;-)
Old Oct 25, 2011, 05:19 AM
Droner
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Mar 2006
2,410 Posts
Prost.

SebastianJ is offline Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:27 AM
Flyin' Crashin' fixin'
Spain, AL, Granada
Joined Jul 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
You are sure you downloaded the Y6 for blackboard? Sorry for asking such stupid questions.

If that is the case it seams at the FLYCAM blackboard has other fuse settings.

Christian
Hi Christian,

Yes I am sure that I am downloading the firmware for Y6 for the blackboard as found here: http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=flycamfc

what is very wierd is that as I flash the board, it says the it has been flashed correclty... there are no fuse or other types of errors...

regards,

James