HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:41 PM
wac
Joined Jun 2005
1,409 Posts
Discussion
GPS Still not working. I think its the antenna

Hi All,

So after checking everything, reinstalling the latest versions, redoing all the calibrations etc.. i went out to the field and the gps lights still do not make any sense but it kind of did a PH.

In looking at the gps lights, what does blue/purple, red, purple, solid blue, red, blue/purple, maybe a yellow, blue purple, purple, purple, purple, nothing for a very long time, purple purple.. Also, when i get somewhat of a blue, purple/blue light i will take off and fly around for a couple minutes then come back and the GPS will be flashing Purple, purple, purple, and no other colors...

I did do the AL trim and everything properly but moves violently when i flip the PH or RTH switch, even though when i flip the AL switch it is smooth.

Is something wrong with the GPS antenna?
wac is offline Find More Posts by wac
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined Oct 2010
227 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1521990

I need to send it back. That sucks - not because I happened to get a faulty unit - thats life - but because it's the THIRD ONE !!! If this replacement doesnt work, Ill give it up!
ed.ge is offline Find More Posts by ed.ge
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:55 PM
wac
Joined Jun 2005
1,409 Posts
Hi Ed,

Im pretty sure we have different problems, but they are problems non the less. It seems as if my antenna is very week and over a couple of minutes decides to stop working and just blinks purple..
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:31 PM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
The lights are the most concerning. Double check everything I posted on your other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac View Post
Hi All,

So after checking everything, reinstalling the latest versions, redoing all the calibrations etc.. i went out to the field and the gps lights still do not make any sense but it kind of did a PH.

In looking at the gps lights, what does blue/purple, red, purple, solid blue, red, blue/purple, maybe a yellow, blue purple, purple, purple, purple, nothing for a very long time, purple purple.. Also, when i get somewhat of a blue, purple/blue light i will take off and fly around for a couple minutes then come back and the GPS will be flashing Purple, purple, purple, and no other colors...

I did do the AL trim and everything properly but moves violently when i flip the PH or RTH switch, even though when i flip the AL switch it is smooth.

Is something wrong with the GPS antenna?
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:41 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac View Post
Hi Ed,

Im pretty sure we have different problems, but they are problems non the less. It seems as if my antenna is very week and over a couple of minutes decides to stop working and just blinks purple..
Make sure that the antenna connectors are plugged in tightly. You might try the other cable to see it that makes a difference.

Also make sure that the GPS antenna is far away from other electronics. Of you have a Video transmitter that could be a problem? What frequency is it on and where is the antenna. Try a flight with the video transmitter disconnected from power.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:57 PM
wac
Joined Jun 2005
1,409 Posts
Hi RC,

Ill try the smaller cable, i also have a friend that has a HF GPS and im going to try his tomorrow. Ill keep you updated