HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:28 AM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,477 Posts
Not trying to give you a hard time but isn't all that provided on the web site or the operating manual?
Turner2 is online now Find More Posts by Turner2
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
120 Posts
Hey, I think it is, but in a form far harder to digest for most folks.

It would help if FMA used bullet points, not long paragraphs of text.

If you want to give me a hard time, that's fine-this is a forum and people can disagree, but my point remains: I believe I said that FMA does market the substance of what I've said, just that the FORM OF IT can be spiffed up so that folks like me (a minority?) fully connect up what they mean and don't fall into the Chinese money trap.

Hey, it's just my opinion, but it appears to be a generally accepted principle in advertising that one gets about 5 seconds to set the hook and I don't think the "form" of FMA's publications meets that test.

Whatever.
misternatural - angelfood is offline Find More Posts by misternatural - angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:59 AM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,477 Posts
It's perfectly fine to post what you did. I just wasn't getting what you thought was lacking. I guess I have been reading PL8 and CP10 threads so long that those questions were answered.
Turner2 is online now Find More Posts by Turner2
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
120 Posts
That's my whole point-I believe, rightly or wrongly, that the "average" or least sophisticated consumer would have to really dig hard to "get it."

Hey, if I'm wrong, that's fine, too, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that FMA's sales would increase substantially if they "dumbed up" the advertising!

Remember, most folks decide in less than a minute whether to "read on...."
misternatural - angelfood is offline Find More Posts by misternatural - angelfood
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:12 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,145 Posts
I don't think the fault is FMA's. Few read the manuals, or take the time to review the specs. Most ask thier friends or call one of the two well respected charger e-tailers in the states. Or worse, purchase based on "pro pilot" endorsements. Before the PL6, the default recommendation coming from the e-tailers hasn't been FMA. Hopefully that will change now.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
120 Posts
Well, I don't think "fault" is the issue-that's a misnomer, at best, and while I agree with you, in part, I sincerely believe FMA's ads can be improved as will the sales. Anyway, it looks like FMA is back on track to get back on top!

Keep up the great work FMA, and, remember, some think you should aim your marketing at the least sophisticated consumer, not the most!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
120 Posts
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64396

I think this posting shows my point-FMA will take this kind of beating until it makes these points easier to understand.

I was like this guy before I caught on.

Just my opinion.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:28 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,145 Posts
As far as I know, no charger manufacture runs ads. At least FMA has a tabbed page that gives an overview, specs, and a manual. The other manufactures either have no page at all, leaving to the vendors to host thier specs, or have a more complicated page with less detail.

Ask 10 modelers who purchased chargers other than FMA about thier descision, I doubt any would say it had anything to do with FMA's marketing. It has far more to do with bottom line price (short sighted IMO) and recommendations from e-tailers or friends that bought from the same e-tailors.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
120 Posts
Say, that's fine-you can be 100% right.

"Ad," by custom and usage, is not a term limited to paper or printing, and applies to web sites or whatever.

Casuistry, aside, FMA looks like it is finding its way back....

As for speculating about what other models "will say," well, whatever.

Please, let's not turn this into a debate-I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:42 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misternatural View Post
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64396

I think this posting shows my point-FMA will take this kind of beating until it makes these points easier to understand.

To my point, that poster is an iCharger fan and does not own an FMA product. He has a history of unfounded miss-information regarding FMA products.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t6.../?p=5505491#RR

While you were on Wattflier, why not set the record straight? Uncorrected missinformation perpetuates the concerns you raise.
Last edited by Gregor99; Oct 22, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
120 Posts
Well, so "we" found a guy with a bias for one and a prejudice against another-I think he shows neither the negative or affirmative.

Anyway, I took it ALL BACK-you win, discussion over!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:06 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,145 Posts
Quote:
Please, let's not turn this into a debate
Sorry, didn't mean to come across confrontational.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 04:31 PM
Joined Apr 2004
184 Posts
Quote:
I only mentioned these items to point out that while the PL8 and PL6 are very similiar the PL6 is not just a 6S version of the PL8.
That is too bad. The trend to remove node only charging only goes to make FMA chargers the same as the competition, rather than clearly above it.
rick0007 is offline Find More Posts by rick0007
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:51 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,596 Posts
Quote:
Say, that's fine-you can be 100% right.

"Ad," by custom and usage, is not a term limited to paper or printing, and applies to web sites or whatever.

Casuistry, aside, FMA looks like it is finding its way back....

As for speculating about what other models "will say," well, whatever.

Please, let's not turn this into a debate-I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID!
"Finding it's way back" I must have missed something. In my opinion they never left. FMA has always been tops in my book. I started in RC about 2004and except for one Hyperion EOS something FMA is the only charger I have owned. I started with the CellPro 4S and have worked up to the PL8. I have always had great service from my chargers and on the one occasion I had a problem the guys at FMA took care of it is short order.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:13 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
I actually agree that it seems like FMA's adds are written by engineers not marketing guys.

I don't really mind, but I do see the point.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie