HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:43 AM
Joined Nov 2012
36 Posts
Hi Tim,

checked again today and seems to work as designed!

Thanks,
Apper
apper001 is online now Find More Posts by apper001
Last edited by apper001; Jan 16, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
36 Posts
Are there folks out there who have fuel tables for packs and are willing to share?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:37 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apper001 View Post
Are there folks out there who have fuel tables for packs and are willing to share?
Please post descriptions of the batteries you have. Fuel tables are specific to particular batteries. For instance the fuel table for a Zippy 3S 2200 will be different from a Thunderpower 3S 2200.

You need to specify manufacturer, cell count, mah, and C rating.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:23 AM
Joined Nov 2012
36 Posts
Hello Glenn,

i've got the following pack types:
Zippy 2200mah 3S 25C
Zippy 2100mah 3S 35C
Zippy Compact 2200mah 3S 25C
Robbe Roxxy Power 2200mah 3S light 20C
Robbe Roxxy Power 2200mah 3S ZX 25C
Eflight 1000mah 3S 15C
Turnigy 1000mah 3S 35C
Turnigy 1300mah 3S 30C

Any corresponding Fuel Table is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Apper
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:41 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,361 Posts
What do you seak to gain with Custom Fuel Tables? IMO your listed LiPolys are standard enough that very little would be gained. If you are seeking faster charges then use a manual charge rate not an Auto C one ,if you want the cha5ge even faster use C/10 termination same as used in the Faster Charger preset or High Power Preset. There are other options such as C/3 termination as well as termination at lower voltage such as 4.15 - 4.18 per cell.

There are so many different means to optain different desired end results that ones needs to truely understand the LiPoly charging process and how to tweak the numerious settings. Believe me when I say that the original presets are extremly good and it is not easy to improve them by very much. I have spend many days generating custom fuel tables and few were worth the time and effort IMO.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:15 PM
The earth sucks! Thankfully.
Joined Jun 2003
411 Posts
Charles:

Is the Battery University a good place to get the understanding of the LiPoly charging process you speak of above?

- Jim
JimHSoars is offline Find More Posts by JimHSoars
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
36 Posts
Ok that makes live a lot easier!

just too fully understand the concept of a fuel table and/or why it's used (probably asked a zillion times...), how and what parameters does a fuel table influence during the charge/discharge process?

Am reading the PL8 thread but still not finished...

Apper.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:04 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,004 Posts
The fuel table is used to display percentage of the state of charge as well as for setting current in the AUTO modes. If you don't use the AUTO modes, then the only advantage is a slightly more accurate fuel read out during charging, discharging and monitoring.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:25 PM
Joined Jun 2003
411 Posts
Error After Fuel Table Generation for Fuel Table Voltages Not Accending

Hi:

I set up the Fuel Table wizard this way:
  • Template: LiPo Generic Accurate Charge
  • Selected an empty preset.
  • Battery capacity: 1000mAh
  • Number of cells: 2
  • Charge rates selected: 0.25C & 0.5C
  • Discharge rate: 1C
  • 3.0V as recommended

The LiPoly's starting voltage was a storage voltage of 3.86V per cell or 7.72V.
The cycles ended on charge.

After all ;the cycles finished the CCS produced this error:
"The Fuel Table voltages are not accending."
This hint provided is:
"Some voltage menus might not show every 1mV choice. Pick the closest value."
I have not cleared the data in the charger yet. Will someone suggest the best next action I should take.

Thanks,
- Jim
Last edited by JimHSoars; Jan 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Change entire post.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:29 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,361 Posts
Fuel Table Wizard has several options. Using the deepest discharge and slowest rates yeilds the most accuracy but IMO is also hardest on the LiPolys.

It really makes no difference where you start at voltage wise other than how liong the first charge cycle time is as it is going to be discharged and recha4ged etc. anyway.

Battery University really does not have any of the info for tweaking or atleast did not in the past. I learned from actually watching / graphing thousands of charges and spending untold hours reading LiPoly white papers.

How does one become a master mechanic , a skilled surgen or very good at so many other endeavors?

Hint for the Day!
One can learn a great deal by studing the LiPoly Preset in the Powerlabs.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jan 19, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:01 PM
Joined Jun 2003
411 Posts
Re: Error at End of Fuel Table Generation (Post 339)

Graph from Fuel Table error in Post 339:

Name: Billowy X5-35C 7.4V 2S 1000mAh Fuel Table Volts.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 37.9 KB
Description:
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:59 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,271 Posts
Just wondering if I could get some advice, I've just ordered some 4s LiFe batteries.. It's the only battery technology I know very little about... I will be using my Cellpro 6 to charge them.. I know you select LiFe charge program, do you need to specifi cell count?

If I understand right, they are fully charged at 3.6v but drop rapidly to there normanal voltage of 3.3v for a large part of there discharge, then fall off.. I'm going to be using them on a quad, what voltage should I be looking at to land..

With my lipo's I use the 80% rule.. Are these different?

And finally can they be stored fully charged or like lipo's need to be at storage charge?

Thanks in advance
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:03 AM
Joined Nov 2011
117 Posts
Hey guys. It seems that on of my pl6 won't charge over 600mA. I put the same pack on the other PL6, it's fine. Charges at 40A. Any one else have this issue?
teeforb is offline Find More Posts by teeforb
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Jun 2003
411 Posts
I put a new 2S 1000 mAh and new 3S 3300 mAh through 3 A1c rate charge cycles. The charge amps for the 1000 never exceded 500 mA, the 3300 did not exced 1000 mA. My unit is new. I generated a fuel table for the 2S 1000 mAh batteries but have not had a chance to check the A1C charge current using the new fuel table yet. I am discouraged though.

- Jim
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:42 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,004 Posts
Inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
I know you select LiFe charge program, do you need to specifi cell count?

Cell count is detected through the balance connector if a balanced preset is used. If a non-balanced preset is used, the cell count is autodetected based on pack voltage.

If I understand right, they are fully charged at 3.6v but drop rapidly to there normanal voltage of 3.3v for a large part of there discharge, then fall off.. I'm going to be using them on a quad, what voltage should I be looking at to land..

The discharge curve is so flat, I'm not sure you can use voltage as a good indicator. If the quad has a headsup display, and includes as mah consumed, I would use that. Otherwise a timer might be a good solution.

With my lipo's I use the 80% rule.. Are these different?
Not sure about this one. However I still use the 80% rule only because the pack can finish quite abruptly. I believe the chemistry allows deeper discharge but it may be hard to predict the end of the pack. If you don't get further info in this thread, I would ask in the batteries and charger subforum here.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project