HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2011, 05:51 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komet ME163 View Post
Was wired right on pl6 side but wrong on paraboard side. Reversed all wires and charger
So the pins going into the paraboard were reversed (red going to where black should go and vise versa?). Did you just remove all pins and re-insert them in the correct order? Do let us know what Dave says.If there a few reversed cables out there, it'd be good to have the heads up.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2011, 06:16 PM
E TN
Joined Jan 2003
239 Posts
yea i pulled all the wires and reinstalled with para board connector flipped. It was progressive rc brand PL8 adapter cable p/n: ac-pl8pcb. I will call progressive tommorrow and let them know to check them. Once again thanks for your help, as your troubleshooting suggestions helped me to find the problem.

Bill
Komet ME163 is offline Find More Posts by Komet ME163
Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:47 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Looks like a couple of cables were swapped up - you received the balance board to PL8/PL6 cable, not the parallel charge board to PL8/PL6 cable. The mistake was certainly on our part and I apologize for the inconvenience, I believe we've gotten everyone sorted out and please let me know if you ever need anything else at all.

Cheers,
David
ProgressiveRC
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:47 PM
Joined Nov 2011
117 Posts
Hey Tim, I just got the replacement of the pl6. On the replacement, no big deal, but it seems that the film inside of the LCD screen is peeling. I can see part of the film is attached to the charger skin and other parts of the film is touching the LCD part. Kinda hard to explain. If u know what im talking about, is this normal?
teeforb is offline Find More Posts by teeforb
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:06 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
Hey Tim, I just got the replacement of the pl6. On the replacement, no big deal, but it seems that the film inside of the LCD screen is peeling. I can see part of the film is attached to the charger skin and other parts of the film is touching the LCD part. Kinda hard to explain. If u know what im talking about, is this normal?
Power it up. Does the screen still look as your describing? On mine the label appears to be stuck to the LCD in the center but not at the edges. Once the backlight is on though you cant tell. It's just a cosmetic issue so I am not worried about it.

Love my PL6. Thanks FMA for making it every bit as awesome as the PL8.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Old Dec 06, 2011, 09:49 AM
Joined Nov 2011
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie View Post
Power it up. Does the screen still look as your describing? On mine the label appears to be stuck to the LCD in the center but not at the edges. Once the backlight is on though you cant tell. It's just a cosmetic issue so I am not worried about it.

Love my PL6. Thanks FMA for making it every bit as awesome as the PL8.
Just checking! Thanks bro!
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:08 AM
Joined Nov 2011
117 Posts
does ccs supports Windows XP? and if yes, for how much longer?

thx
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:39 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
does ccs supports Windows XP? and if yes, for how much longer?

thx
Hi:

Yes, even Win 2000 still. For how long, can't say. That depends on MS to a large extent. I know support for Win XP doesn't end until like 2014, but it's likely to be several years beyong that before .NET can't support such an old O.S. A lot can change looking ahead that far.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:43 AM
Joined Nov 2011
117 Posts
i see.. im asking because im thinking of picking up a cheap, used netbook only for RC application like FMA CCS, tekin sw, castle, lrp, etc... most used netbooks has XP
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:53 AM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
lets say i put charge rate at 10 amps and i select charging 2 parallel will the amp bump up to 20 or stay at 10 amps while charging 2 packs in parallel? thanks in advance
psionic619 is offline Find More Posts by psionic619
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:42 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psionic619 View Post
lets say i put charge rate at 10 amps and i select charging 2 parallel will the amp bump up to 20 or stay at 10 amps while charging 2 packs in parallel? thanks in advance
The charger will increase the current by the number of packs in parallel.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
The charger will increase the current by the number of packs in parallel.

Glen
thank you
psionic619 is offline Find More Posts by psionic619
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:44 PM
Tombsy
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2009
129 Posts
I just received my Powerlab 6 from Revo with 2 paraboards and rebuilt my charger case with a 24v power supply.
The software is installed and everything is working great on XP, quite an upgrade from my old Bantams.
One question though can I go a little longer on the USB maybe 5ft instead of the usual 3ft or would it be a problem?
Pescador is offline Find More Posts by Pescador
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:07 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,610 Posts
I think Tim reported earlier that lengthening the USB cable is no problem.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:42 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
This is correct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
I think Tim reported earlier that lengthening the USB cable is no problem.

Glen
Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks