HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:27 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psionic619 View Post
hi guys, will the balance board of my hitech charger plug right in to the pl 6? or do i have to get a new one thats made for it? thanks.
The balance connector for the PL6 is not compatible with any of the other manufacturers connectors. You will need one of these and modify your existing balance board.
http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...-10-9-Position
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:06 AM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
The balance connector for the PL6 is not compatible with any of the other manufacturers connectors. You will need one of these and modify your existing balance board.
http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...-10-9-Position
thanks but in what order do i solder that to my board? thanks in advance
psionic619 is offline Find More Posts by psionic619
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:38 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
How are u guys mounting your PL chargers in your cases? I need a solution that isn't velcro related.

Thx
I'm using 4 pads of 3m Dual lock.

More pics and details here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=23
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:40 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,595 Posts
"thanks but in what order do i solder that to my board? thanks in advance"

Look Here.

http://www.fmadirect.com/support_docs/item_1213.pdf

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:43 AM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,477 Posts
And Here:

http://www.revolectrix.com/support_docs/item_1315.pdf
Turner2 is online now Find More Posts by Turner2
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:59 AM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
thanks

thanks guys. i just order 2 pl 6 with those cables u linked and a pc connector
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:06 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psionic619 View Post
hi guys, will the balance board of my hitech charger plug right in to the pl 6?
Which board do you have? Do you have a link?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:19 PM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Which board do you have? Do you have a link?
i dont have a link but its the jst-xh one
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:44 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,145 Posts
If its 2s through 6s you will need to enable XH mode on the PL6s and move the red wire from pin 9 to pin 7 on the FMA pigtail. The wires currently in pin 7 and 8 will need to be removed. Or you could use one of these instead

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...HR-Std-Adapter

If your Hitec adapter is not 2s through 6s, there may be different instructions. More details about the adapter would help me be more specific.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined Nov 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
If its 2s through 6s you will need to enable XH mode on the PL6s and move the red wire from pin 9 to pin 7 on the FMA pigtail. The wires currently in pin 7 and 8 will need to be removed. Or you could use one of these instead

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...HR-Std-Adapter

If your Hitec adapter is not 2s through 6s, there may be different instructions. More details about the adapter would help me be more specific.
yeah its the 2-6s adapter. thax for the info
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:29 PM
Joined Nov 2011
117 Posts
Quote:
I'm using 4 pads of 3m Dual lock.

More pics and details here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=23
I've mounted my PSU. I'm looking to mount the PL6. I only see your PSU mounted.

Thx
teeforb is offline Find More Posts by teeforb
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:08 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
I've mounted my PSU. I'm looking to mount the PL6. I only see your PSU mounted. Thx
Oh, sorry. I missread your post. With that case I don't have the PL8 mounted. It sits in the spot in front of the power supply. At the field I pull it out and rest it on the power supply.

I'm in the process of working on a new case that will have the power supplies under a plate or board. The PL8s will sit on top mounted to the board. I was also planning on using 3M Dual lock in that scenario since it holds very well. 3 to 4 small pads should do the trick. If you use the dual lock the adhesive takes some time to obtain maxium grip. Give it 12 hours to a day before you try to pull them apart. I've also seen the PL8 held down with large zip ties. A look I'm not particularly fond of.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:35 PM
Joined Nov 2011
117 Posts
Quote:
Oh, sorry. I missread your post. With that case I don't have the PL8 mounted. It sits in the spot in front of the power supply. At the field I pull it out and rest it on the power supply.

I'm in the process of working on a new case that will have the power supplies under a plate or board. The PL8s will sit on top mounted to the board. I was also planning on using 3M Dual lock in that scenario since it holds very well. 3 to 4 small pads should do the trick. If you use the dual lock the adhesive takes some time to obtain maxium grip. Give it 12 hours to a day before you try to pull them apart. I've also seen the PL8 held down with large zip ties. A look I'm not particularly fond of.
the major issue i see with mounting the Pl6 with velcro is the space beneath the chargers. it isn't flat and therefore, don't have the surface area to attach to the bottom of the case.
teeforb is offline Find More Posts by teeforb
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:00 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,145 Posts
3m Dual lock is not velcro and it does not need to a huge piece like we put on our batteries. I haven't seen the bottom of the PL6. But on the PL8 there are two "feet" that each could take small piece of dual lock and they could put a third on the bottom front.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:11 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
3m Dual lock is not velcro and it does not need to a huge piece like we put on our batteries. I haven't seen the bottom of the PL6. But on the PL8 there are two "feet" that each could take small piece of dual lock and they could put a third on the bottom front.
Gregor:

If you're able to mount the PL8 with this stuff, then the PL6 will be even easier. Instead of two small feet on the sides, the PL6 has one large "foot" in the back that spans 80% of the bottom of the case. The front is similar to PL8 design. I think this is the same stuff they use to mount speaker grills into speaker cabinets. Good stuff!

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks