HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:18 PM
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Sep 2009
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superrcflier View Post
Gotta ask: What's the black orb in the sky at 0:18?
Kalkan is offline Find More Posts by Kalkan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:27 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
The sun
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:19 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,965 Posts
Some of the earlier non-hd keycam's suffered from the black sun. The hd #11 and later #16 don't have this problem and provide very good images considering their price and weight.
There is a huge RC Groups thread on the #16 version
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1556994&pp=100
and a dedicted site to all versions http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.shtml
Andy
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:00 AM
The Netherlands, OV, Holten
Joined Feb 2013
65 Posts
I'm a bit late starting a build on this one but i'm somewhat new to this hobby did read the compleet post about the Wot and did get me some 6mm depron its kind of hard to get in the Netherlands. Did all the cutting nothing hard to it but i'm left with a question
I'm using this setup:
motor: C2822 1400KV
esc: 20A
servo's: TowerPro SG-90
Prop: 8 x 4 - 9 x 5
Lipo: 3 cel 1300 C30
Lipo:3 cel 1000 10C
The esc should be fine its adviced by the company that build the motor to use a 15 A

Will it fly with this setup its my second attempt do build a plane the first was the Polaris wich I never got to fly...oke for about 4 meters befor its crashed up side down and destroyed the plane and the motor. Sorry if my English is not perfect.

Second question I see picures of the plane where there is used some kind of film on depron to get some color to the plane What do you use??
I did try paint on some left over foam but it eats the foam only other paint I have is not water resistend
Brokkenmaker is offline Find More Posts by Brokkenmaker
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:15 AM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokkenmaker View Post
I'm a bit late starting a build on this one but i'm somewhat new to this hobby did read the compleet post about the Wot and did get me some 6mm depron its kind of hard to get in the Netherlands. Did all the cutting nothing hard to it but i'm left with a question
I'm using this setup:
The esc should be fine its adviced by the company that build the motor to use a 15 A

Will it fly with this setup its my second attempt do build a plane the first was the Polaris wich I never got to fly...oke for about 4 meters befor its crashed up side down and destroyed the plane and the motor. Sorry if my English is not perfect.

Second question I see picures of the plane where there is used some kind of film on depron to get some color to the plane What do you use??
I did try paint on some left over foam but it eats the foam only other paint I have is not water resistend
i used the same setup in the one on my profile pic.
works a treat with the extra wieght(led lights)..
dazza44 is offline Find More Posts by dazza44
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:01 AM
Joined Feb 2013
65 Posts
Thanks for the quick answer. In that case I will go on building the Wot
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:12 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,965 Posts
Hi Brokkenmaker and welcome to RC Groups. I think you will far more success with this model compared with the Polaris. Your power set up and servos will work ok.
The coloured film is self adhesive packing tape. I buy mine from Staples, ordering online for delivery to local store. They sell a mixed pack (Red,Orange,Blue,White,Green & Yellow) and you could try their NL store. I have also bought on ebay http://www.ebay.nl/sch/i.html?_nkw=b....c0.m270.l1313
You can come up with some impressive schemes with a little practice

Andy
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:30 AM
Joined Feb 2013
65 Posts
Impressive you guys are fast in answering questions Thanks for the tip on pakking tape I will dive in to that
Last edited by Brokkenmaker; Feb 03, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:39 AM
Nederland, Gelderland, Wijchen
Joined Jul 2010
47 Posts
Hi brokkenmaker,

I'm also building the WOT NEXT, so there are at least two of them in the Netherlands. Hobbyking is also selling the colored tape from the NL warehouse, cheap and fast.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
If you want to use paint on depron then you should use acryl paint you can buy this cheap at the Hema, Action or Xenos. (Dutch stores). Do you have already some pictures I will also upload some pictures this week.
proton999 is offline Find More Posts by proton999
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:17 AM
Joined Feb 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton999 View Post
Hi brokkenmaker,

I'm also building the WOT NEXT, so there are at least two of them in the Netherlands. Hobbyking is also selling the colored tape from the NL warehouse, cheap and fast.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
If you want to use paint on depron then you should use acryl paint you can buy this cheap at the Hema, Action or Xenos. (Dutch stores). Do you have already some pictures I will also upload some pictures this week.
I found tape that is lighter at kimya.nl its pakking tape they have it nice colors
38 microns the hobyking tape is 45 microns and I can pay with iDeal
50 mm x 66 meters 4,07 euro's orderd blue red and yellow we seen how its sticks at depron when it arives
Photo's will be put on as soon as my camera is back
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:25 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wigan
Joined Jul 2011
755 Posts
thanks for looking after Brokkenmaker guys

been busy as a busy thing trying to get my Sunderland finished....

Brokkenmaker

good luck with the Wot next build... please let us know how things go!

thanks
David
how much is offline Find More Posts by how much
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:37 PM
Joined Feb 2013
65 Posts
Hahha nice to see more people here intrested in my build well it will take some time to finish the build due to lack of free time I hoop to do some buiding second half of this week again. And i'm waiting for some of the electric parts to arrive ( servo's the one I have at home will not work, this are ultra light ones )
Hoop to finish the compleet model next weekend the weather forcast for this part of the world doesn't look like flying weather for some time so no hurry
Again thanks for the good words and advice
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:47 PM
Canada, AB, Champion
Joined Aug 2012
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokkenmaker View Post
I'm using this setup:

Well come to rc world, first of all Polaris is not easy to build as a first plane anyway, Wot-Next simple to build comparing to. My question is this going to be your first plane to fly?
superrcflier is offline Find More Posts by superrcflier
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:32 AM
Joined Feb 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superrcflier View Post
Well come to rc world, first of all Polaris is not easy to build as a first plane anyway, Wot-Next simple to build comparing to. My question is this going to be your first plane to fly?
The polaris turned out verry nice as a build but flying was somthing else. The polaris ( second build ) is still here compeet with setup but after the try's with the first one I think its to hard to fly . No its not my first flying plane I have a EZ Hawk from Dynam but that plane fly's almost by it self. And the reason for building is just I like to fly a plane I build my self and the building is so much fun.
It must be a lot of fun to say : See that plane flying?? I build it myself
So for now is stick to the Wot and will try to get it flying. And a crash..... wel as long as the electrics don't damage its still a cheap hobby one sheet of depron is only 4 euro's and where do you get so much exitement for so few euo's
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:42 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,965 Posts
You are 100% correct regarding scratch built versus ARTF/RTF. Whilst I can't hope to replicate the finish of mass produced models there is something deeply satisfying about taking a sheet of foam and turning into a flying plane. It's even better when you design your own model and other people build and fly it
You will find yourself looking at everyday items at home or in shops to see if they could be used in an RC application. Welcome to the addiction
Andy