SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:23 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wigan
Joined Jul 2011
761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashworth View Post
Well as someone who is new to this forum I am confused as to the relationship between all the different forums - the one you linked to seems quite dormant and a Wot Next is now a Woody?? Please can you explain?
Thanks
there is no confusion to be had...

the design and build log on this thread are for the "wot-next"

there is no design called a woody.. the references to this will be removed in the next 24 hours... as thread hijacks go its pretty poor

David
how much is online now Find More Posts by how much
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:10 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,158 Posts
I've now finished and flown the KFm-2 dihedral version of Wot-next. I need to do some more trimming but initial impressions are promising. My TX battery low battery alarm sounded so test flight cut short.
Here are the picture. I have vid and will post if looks good enough
Andy
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:47 AM
Damn this gets addictive.
United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2011
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul4477 View Post
Hi, was wondering if any of the UK guys on here had recommendations as to where I could get Depron and EPP sheets on line.
EPP here. http://robotbirds.com/catalog/index....sort=2a&page=1
I get most of my supplies from them.
Thechittyfather is offline Find More Posts by Thechittyfather
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:47 AM
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Jul 2010
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
I've now finished and flown the KFm-2 dihedral version of Wot-next. I need to do some more trimming but initial impressions are promising. My TX battery low battery alarm sounded so test flight cut short.
Here are the picture. I have vid and will post if looks good enough
Andy
Have you flown with the original Wot Next ? Can you, maybe after your next flight, tell me the improvements in flight behaviour due to the KFm-2 dihedral wing. Will it be better for a starter ?
Tnx in advance.
proton999 is offline Find More Posts by proton999
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:17 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton999 View Post
Have you flown with the original Wot Next ? Can you, maybe after your next flight, tell me the improvements in flight behaviour due to the KFm-2 dihedral wing. Will it be better for a starter ?
Tnx in advance.
I've not yet built the original 34" version and this one spans 24.5"/625mm at le and 27"/695mm at te. Chord is 170mm and fuse is 580mm long. I moved the lipo/servo and rx tray down so that the lipo now fits on top behind the motor bulkhead. ESC is now in bottom compartment behind the 2nd former. The RX sits at the rear of the wing opening. I'm also building a KFm-4 flat wing with a 6mm top step and 3mm bottom step with the fuse length in scale to the original plan. This wing is interchangeable with the KFm-2 dihedral wing so would be easy to run a back to back comparison.
Here is a short vid which doesn't do the plane justice as I think I need some downthrust/more downtrim.
Andy

WOT-NEXT maiden flight (3 min 16 sec)
Last edited by headlessagain; Oct 13, 2012 at 04:25 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:08 AM
Nuneaton
Joined Aug 2009
256 Posts
removed by request of moderator
Paulnuneaton is offline Find More Posts by Paulnuneaton
Last edited by Paulnuneaton; Oct 16, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:25 AM
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Jul 2010
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulnuneaton View Post
before you jump on your high horse david i can tell you that chriss foss is not a happy chappie with you calling it the wot next there is a thing called copy right in this country that im sure you never thought about when you named this plane i have took your plan re done it with quite a few diffrent bits that makes it a even better flyer and named it the woody. So before you go off on one i would have a quick word with chriss like i said he is not happy about you trying to use the wot name
Paul, one word "Pathetic" !!!
proton999 is offline Find More Posts by proton999
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:26 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,158 Posts
I'm no copyright expert but I would have thought that unless Mr Foss has already copyrighted the name WOT-NEXT then he cannot claim it.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:29 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Just because you added a few bits and pieces does not mean a name change.

I added a hatch for the top mounted ESC when i built mine, it also runs a KFm2 wing and narrower ailerons, does not need a name change and if i did start building it for others credit would be given to original designer.

there are also a lot of Wot whatevers around in all sorts of areas.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:35 AM
Nuneaton
Joined Aug 2009
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Just because you added a few bits and pieces does not mean a name change.

I added a hatch for the top mounted ESC when i built mine, it also runs a KFm2 wing and narrower ailerons, does not need a name change and if i did start building it for others credit would be given to original designer.

there are also a lot of Wot whatevers around in all sorts of areas.
Really the changes are bigger than you think but im not going to get in a slagging match with anyone over it.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:06 AM
Fly Safe !!
Cape Town
Joined Jul 2007
440 Posts
Wot next or should I say Wot ever
porqui is offline Find More Posts by porqui
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:08 AM
Nuneaton
Joined Aug 2009
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porqui View Post
wot next or should i say wot ever
:d

well said
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:01 AM
Uk Leicester
Joined Dec 2008
104 Posts
This "WOT NEXT" is a good fun plane . . . we built two a few weeks ago fly's nice and to buddy up with a novice and play around with is fun right down to knife edge's well done Dave
Gazzaxr4x4 is offline Find More Posts by Gazzaxr4x4
Last edited by Gazzaxr4x4; Oct 16, 2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:10 AM
Not always grumpy!!
UK, Eastleigh, Eastleigh
Joined Jul 2010
555 Posts
well i must say, im very impressed by this little plane

i have been struggling between what to build for my re-intorduction to scratch building. and im now certain that this is the puppy.

so as soon as my depron turns up, out will come the knives, and on will go the pics
insomaniac45 is offline Find More Posts by insomaniac45
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:07 AM
Masher
United Kingdom, England, Herefordshire
Joined Oct 2012
20 Posts
Doh!

Sorry I've stirred up a hornet's nest that was not the intention - hopefully we can reset now and concentrate on the plane. Since my lose rudder servo exploits, I've sorted the mounts and made quite a lot of changes underneath. I've extended the bottom hatch to get battery further back as suggested and also moved the wings forward about 10mm and dispenced with the need for back end lead. Most of the effort has been in trying to get decent landing gear which is robust yet will come off in the inevitable bad landings. LG is necessary for me so that I can practice take off and landing which this plane now does nicely. I'm lucky enough to have use of a large open field where they produce lawn turf so the surface is very good. Anyway she is flying great again now and with all rates reduced (to about 40%), she is excellent for training on.............. with back up from my instructor at the club.
Mashworth is offline Find More Posts by Mashworth