HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:54 AM
Joined May 2011
53 Posts
Discussion
Best Slow Flying Fixed Pitch Micro Heli

i just purchased a great wall xieda 9958 and i'm hoping i didn't make a mistake. i haven't gotten it yet but iv'e been looking into some reviews and im wondering if its going to be to fast for inside the house. i was looking into the jc 9c002, nine eagles bravo sx and bravo III. nine eagles solo pro and the t-rex 100. i got the 9958 because i need one that can take a crash and i saw it crash into a wall and get up and fly no problem

Please give me advice. i would greatly appreciate it. i want to be able to hover nice and steady and slow. thanks in advance.

keith
superfly611 is offline Find More Posts by superfly611
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
It should be okay with that flybar set-up. Might take a bit of practice first though.
Microbaba is offline Find More Posts by Microbaba
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:21 AM
Before Oblivion
United Kingdom, England, Kingswinford
Joined Oct 2004
175 Posts
Perfect for inside the house. I think as micro heli's go this one is not fast, but faster than a coaxial, I think it's a bit slow and I'm only a heli newb. You'll soon get used to it.
olof is offline Find More Posts by olof
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:44 PM
Joined May 2011
53 Posts
thanks guys

hey i have another question. whats the difference with the jc 9c002 and xieda 9958 flybar setup. one has the flybar on top the blades on top the blades the other under. which is better. i have a revell proto cx and its a piece of crap. the flybar comes undone and breaks all the time. it can't take any sort of crash or hard landing at all. on the other hand i was looking at the solo pro as well. it looks like its the most stable flying and hovers the best. can it crashes though. i'm a quadriplegic and dont have the motor function to fly that well but what i can do i enjoy. i need something durable that will keep flying and i hope i made the right decision with the xeida 9958. can anyone tell me what im in store for with it. if i get it in the next week u will let everyone know.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:52 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
superfly, yeah the Solo Pro is meant to be a very good model, it should be quite durable as it's quite light. Lots of people on these boards have been pleased with the solo pro.

The only proper micro I have had lately is the CB100 from Walkera, which is kind of expensive though for a micro, but very stable.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:59 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
You are buying cheap clones of popular models, so quality is highly variable. If I were in your position, I'd be buying name brand stuff that's available at the LHS. The Blade MCX2 and MSR are far more durable than any others. The MCX2 is the best heli there is for somebody with a disability.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:29 PM
Fingers of Fish will do
Kuwait, Al Asimah, Kuwait City
Joined Oct 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbaba View Post
superfly, yeah the Solo Pro is meant to be a very good model, it should be quite durable as it's quite light. Lots of people on these boards have been pleased with the solo pro.

The only proper micro I have had lately is the CB100 from Walkera, which is kind of expensive though for a micro, but very stable.
I love the cb100 too. Superb little heli and it looks the biz to boot.
FishFingerDigits is offline Find More Posts by FishFingerDigits
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:13 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly611 View Post
hey i have another question. whats the difference with the jc 9c002 and xieda 9958 flybar setup. one has the flybar on top the blades on top the blades the other under. which is better. i have a revell proto cx and its a piece of crap. the flybar comes undone and breaks all the time. it can't take any sort of crash or hard landing at all. on the other hand i was looking at the solo pro as well. it looks like its the most stable flying and hovers the best. can it crashes though. i'm a quadriplegic and dont have the motor function to fly that well but what i can do i enjoy. i need something durable that will keep flying and i hope i made the right decision with the xeida 9958. can anyone tell me what im in store for with it. if i get it in the next week u will let everyone know.
The Revell Proto CX is a rebranded Nine Eagles Solo 210a, and with $10 in parts it might just become your favourite heli. Replace the flybar and connectors, blades, and inner shaft with those from a NE Bravo III. Best 10 bucks you will ever spend.

The modded 210a (or CX) is totally durable and fun to fly. No more popped off or broken flybars. Scroll down to post #259 here for details.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...378250&page=18

I also have the Solo Pro 260a. It takes a bit of a learning curve to master but is also a very durable and fun little heli, but the controls are much faster and more sensitive.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:03 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
Fishfinger - yea, the CB100 looks amazing, I have to say though, it was not for me. I got bored with it very, very quickly. I also have owned an MCX, which is probably the way to go for super-slow, easy to use. That also bored me quickly, but I would say the MCX I regret selling a little bit. Just so lghtweight and durable.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:28 AM
Joined May 2011
53 Posts
I got it

ok, i got my gw 9958 and i like it but im getting frustrated trying to fly it indoors. also im having what i believe is called the pendulum effect. where i start to correct movement in one direction then it gets over corrected in the other direction. i will post a video on youtube and give you guys the link. also it seems to wobble when moving to fast i think. i think i need a slower heli for indoors, it stinks because i really like the fixed pitch ones and not the coaxials. is there any other single pitch that are REAL slow? how bout the jc 9c002? can someone post a video of one going the fastest it can go so i can determine if it would be to fast? i am not sure i could get my dad to do the mod that gordonzo was talking about for my crap revell cx. i mean i know he can do it. he's been fixing all the other ones i have and he is an aviation technician for the NJSP. so he's got the know how and he can fix anything and i mean ANYTHING. the problem is getting him motivated to do it. on a side note we are building an rc lawnmower and not one of those cheap push mower type. i mean a big one. a jacobsen t22d 3 cylinder kubota diesel with a 72" cutting width. we are converting it into an all wheel steer 4x4 mower also. im trying to motivate him on that too. i will try and keep him going and let you know when its done. might be a year long process.

anyway, i would like to get an rc heli out the box thats durable, slow, and easy to fly basically for hovering which i know would be a coaxial type. an recommendations? i will keep practicing and keep you updated.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:33 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
Keep your dad motivated! Tell him there's be a good Christmas present in it for him!!

The only super-stable, tiny little indoor I can think of is the MCX, but that is a co-axial.

The CB100 is stable but a bit on the expensive size.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 09:35 PM
Joined May 2011
53 Posts
uploaded video with GW 9958 trouble

heres the uploaded video.

gw 9958
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzFzMCO_J9w

any help on figuring out why it wobbles would be great. the whole pendulum effect thing might just be my flying. thanks for the help in advance.

with regards to the mcx from what ive seen the mcx looks pretty quick or at least it spins quick.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 06:54 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
Hi Superfly.

From watching your video and having owned an MCX, I can tell you that an MCX is much, MUCH easier to fly that that thing you have bought.

That strange wobbling, that happens on my 120SR if one of the connectors comes off, make sure all of the connectors are correctly aligned and fixed properly.

Other than that - I don't know, a broken main shaft might cause bobbing like that but I doubt it's broken unless you crashed it bad. I would also say that you need a little practice. Check the flybar is moving correctly, bob it up and down, see if it is smooth, if there is a little groove under the flybar, you could perhaps fix a little piece of carbon fibre into those grooves, for more stability.

The MCX can pretty much hover by itself, ofcourse it doesn't have much forward speed like your helicopter does.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 07:05 AM
Joined Mar 2009
1,654 Posts
Great Wall Xieda 9958 Helicopter (0 min 56 sec)

You might want to watch this video Superfly, and see how much play is in your blades. Whether this would be the problem, I can't say.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:23 AM
Joined Aug 2003
612 Posts
hi ,is that a mode 2 tx? if it is, looks like you may be wanting heli whith enough of a tx so you can tone down reponse to bit of rough input using expo ,or or if you looking at
one of the eflite ,get it bnf, then use spectrum tx to adjust expo,dial down swash throws .will probably want to reduce throttle curve as well .basicly use tx programing to tone down helis response to youre inputs .
mdugas is online now Find More Posts by mdugas