HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:09 PM
Look out! The lever!
bobthenuke's Avatar
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Other than my faux pas with the camera box all is going well. Here's what it looks like now - the next step will be to apply the Loctite spray adhesive and apply the 3mm laminate film.


Going through the thread once again I noticed that CK specified a good motor/prop combo so I'm ordering a Hacker A30-10L...looks like a great choice. Any comments regarding this before I drop the coin?

TIA,

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Last edited by bobthenuke; Nov 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
Team Basement-RC
odam2k's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
Shipping update?

Any updates on shipping Chris? You mentioned USPS would send tracking #'s to international customers. I haven't received anything (Canada) so thought I'd ask to see how things are going bTW, I am invoice #279

Thanks, as you can see, we're all chomping at the bit here...
odam2k is offline Find More Posts by odam2k
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:03 PM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
bob you are going 3s rite? That motor is good on 4s with 10x6 so 3s you might try a 11x6. Could be good i reckon, just make sure it doesn't over amp
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
Gundy's Avatar
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by odam2k View Post
Any updates on shipping Chris? You mentioned USPS would send tracking #'s to international customers. I haven't received anything (Canada) so thought I'd ask to see how things are going bTW, I am invoice #279

Thanks, as you can see, we're all chomping at the bit here...
I will e-mail you when I get mine I have #276

Later,
Gundy
Gundy is offline Find More Posts by Gundy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:33 PM
Look out! The lever!
bobthenuke's Avatar
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85 View Post
bob you are going 3s rite? That motor is good on 4s with 10x6 so 3s you might try a 11x6. Could be good i reckon, just make sure it doesn't over amp
According to the chart Hacker recommends only 3S but I'm far from an expert on motor/power/prop combinations when it comes to electric. It seems that whenever I step out of the bounds problems occurr.

I'm planning on 3S (just ordered the batteries this morning) and hadn't figured a prop yet. I have a biplane with one of these Hackers in it now and I fly with a 3S and 11-something prop and it'll climb forever. I just don't count on using full power for anything but maybe takeoff and the occasional crazy stuff.

Thanks so much for the heads-up!

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:10 PM
MK3
Aerial Loitering
MK3's Avatar
Joined Sep 2011
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthenuke View Post
According to the chart Hacker recommends only 3S but I'm far from an expert on motor/power/prop combinations when it comes to electric. It seems that whenever I step out of the bounds problems occurr.

I'm planning on 3S (just ordered the batteries this morning) and hadn't figured a prop yet. I have a biplane with one of these Hackers in it now and I fly with a 3S and 11-something prop and it'll climb forever. I just don't count on using full power for anything but maybe takeoff and the occasional crazy stuff.

Thanks so much for the heads-up!

-bob
A 4S and hacker a30-10l works just fine, I put it on my skywalker and gave it a good beating. It's a great motor and very resilient
MK3 is offline Find More Posts by MK3
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:24 PM
Mikrokopter Australia ;-)
simonjardine's Avatar
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpilot View Post
A 4S and hacker a30-10l works just fine, I put it on my skywalker and gave it a good beating. It's a great motor and very resilient
I have this setup on the first Zephyr, with a 4,000mah 4cell. Last week i was doing a dive straight down...160mph +...
Then a little vibration, then some fluttering then flapping... result. Lost new GoPro2 bummer!!

So yeah, you wanna go fast that motor with a 10x6 folding cam prop and a 4cell will rip the wings off... literally

Simon
simonjardine is offline Find More Posts by simonjardine
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:52 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
ROCKY2's Avatar
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
got mine last night and starting the build today should be dun by saterday im waiting on servos
Ritewing Zephyr 2 ZII build (1 min 51 sec)
sub to follow the build
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:39 PM
Registered User
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Aug 2011
78 Posts
I buy a zephyrrrrrr II !!!! Uhuuuu
I am just wainting to see the building process to learn until my wing dont came. But, the some questions:

I dont have the locktite 200 in brazil, and i think its kind a problem to import. With adhesive spray could i use?

I really want to use vinyl or similar, if i do, i have to do before the lam, right? I should use vinyl, monokote, econokote, what is best for foam?

I bought from chris de 1300kv combo. I already bought a folding and 10x6 props. I read here some guys saying that is the config for 4s (i will use 3s). This is will work well on 3s?

I know thats not a specific question for the zII, but i am looking for a good osd with rth to use with the wing. Range video is a good choice ? I didn find a thread explains how the rth works on wings.
Gustavovon is offline Find More Posts by Gustavovon
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:46 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
ROCKY2's Avatar
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavovon View Post
I buy a zephyrrrrrr II !!!! Uhuuuu
I am just wainting to see the building process to learn until my wing dont came. But, the some questions:

I dont have the locktite 200 in brazil, and i think its kind a problem to import. With adhesive spray could i use?

I really want to use vinyl or similar, if i do, i have to do before the lam, right? I should use vinyl, monokote, econokote, what is best for foam?

I bought from chris de 1300kv combo. I already bought a folding and 10x6 props. I read here some guys saying that is the config for 4s (i will use 3s). This is will work well on 3s?

I know thats not a specific question for the zII, but i am looking for a good osd with rth to use with the wing. Range video is a good choice ? I didn find a thread explains how the rth works on wings.
yes the 1300kv system will work on 3 cells but you might need to prop up...
im going to be runing 9x7.5 and 10x7 on 4 cells
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Last edited by ROCKY2; Nov 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,781 Posts
spray adhesive.

You guys can use a lite coats of lockite 200 or 3m77 ,I would not use 3m 90 as the pre lam adhesive. It doesn't spray smooth and is heavy with solvents. I have also used the elmers spray adhesive with great results.
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:39 PM
Registered User
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Aug 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
You guys can use a lite coats of lockite 200 or 3m77 ,I would not use 3m 90 as the pre lam adhesive. It doesn't spray smooth and is heavy with solvents. I have also used the elmers spray adhesive with great results.
Chris, what prop you recomend for your combo, i already bought some 10x6 for folding ?

3m77 is easy to find here. I will get the same result as locktite?


Rocky2, what is your guess for prop with my config?
Gustavovon is offline Find More Posts by Gustavovon
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:56 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,781 Posts
Yes Gus the 10 6 will be fine 3 m 77 will work great too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavovon View Post
Chris, what prop you recomend for your combo, i already bought some 10x6 for folding ?

3m77 is easy to find here. I will get the same result as locktite?


Rocky2, what is your guess for prop with my config?
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:12 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
ROCKY2's Avatar
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavovon View Post
Chris, what prop you recomend for your combo, i already bought some 10x6 for folding ?

3m77 is easy to find here. I will get the same result as locktite?


Rocky2, what is your guess for prop with my config?
10x6 will be okay but if you need more power go to a 11x6
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:04 AM
Registered User
sharonx's Avatar
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
what do you think of this AXI on the new zephyer ?what prop os suggested for 4S lipo ? and for 3S ?
Please help guys, the ZII will need a motor
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Building the ultimate Ritewing Zephyr ThomasWF FPV Talk 34 Feb 20, 2012 05:14 PM
Discussion wing thickness ritewing zephyr Herishi The Builders Workshop 2 Oct 05, 2011 08:36 AM
Discussion Ritewing Zephyr hobbycity motor nexstarselect FPV Talk 2 Mar 07, 2011 04:37 PM