HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:56 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
why not cut them in the wings if that is what you want to do? it's not gonna be a problem. having them in the center is not going to "stiffen" the wing at all.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:34 AM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
Thanks for the advice! I think I will add a Box for the bay and see if I can make that work but if not I'll throw the batteries into the wings. I'll post pictures when I'm done
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:30 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,494 Posts
When I saw that on the news.
I said that looks like where you fly.

[QUOTE=Kloner;24033046][/QUOTE

P.S. the battery has the right idea!
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:49 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
It is my partners in this

http://www.flyguypromotions.com/

Were all in
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:46 AM
Israel, Ashdod
Joined Dec 2009
377 Posts
Finished paint job!!

Pablo.
pablojaime is offline Find More Posts by pablojaime
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:46 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Got a few questions maybe someone can answer. I plan to use the Exuhf diversity rx and i see alot of people mounting them in the wing, Is it best to speratate the two antennas. Meaning mounting one further down the wing and the other on the rx or mounting them together.
Ive also seen the vtx out on the wing and plan on doing that for sure.
Also the TBS battery box will it fit the 4s 3300 nanotech batteries? Im thinking of getting that too.
The gear i plan on installing is 600mw Vtx, Ezuhf rx, TBS Ezosd and flitecam and gopro. Trying to plan ahead for everthing. so any help would be appreciated.
Oh and twisted vs straight servo wire? which could be better?
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:10 PM
Religion= suffering/wars
Joined Jan 2006
280 Posts
I have my EZUHF antenna in a V, I think this is pretty standard.

Yes mount the Vtx on the other wing if you can, I recommend the TBS tuned Lawmate equipment for video, it stomps!

I'm pretty sure the bat box will fit 3300s 4s nanos but you may want to just confirm with someone else.

Cheers, Carl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
Got a few questions maybe someone can answer. I plan to use the Exuhf diversity rx and i see alot of people mounting them in the wing, Is it best to speratate the two antennas. Meaning mounting one further down the wing and the other on the rx or mounting them together.
Ive also seen the vtx out on the wing and plan on doing that for sure.
Also the TBS battery box will it fit the 4s 3300 nanotech batteries? Im thinking of getting that too.
The gear i plan on installing is 600mw Vtx, Ezuhf rx, TBS Ezosd and flitecam and gopro. Trying to plan ahead for everthing. so any help would be appreciated.
Oh and twisted vs straight servo wire? which could be better?
deTonaTor_NZ is offline Find More Posts by deTonaTor_NZ
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:40 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deTonaTor_NZ View Post
I have my EZUHF antenna in a V, I think this is pretty standard.

Yes mount the Vtx on the other wing if you can, I recommend the TBS tuned Lawmate equipment for video, it stomps!

I'm pretty sure the bat box will fit 3300s 4s nanos but you may want to just confirm with someone else.

Cheers, Carl.
Thanks alot, trying to plan all this in my head. Im itching for this wing bad, the build is the only thing thats got me worried.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:41 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
How do you all get the elevons level? It seems every time I take my Zephyr out it banks strongly either to the left or right depending on how I adjusted the Elevons.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:31 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,485 Posts
adjust the trim on your radio?
I believe the method I saw posted was to lay a ruler across the top of the wing and make the elevons flush up to the ruler. Then adjust the trim on the radio once you are in the air to get it tracking smooth. It should be really close after using the ruler method though. If you have good servos, and good servo linkages it should stay flying nicely after that...
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:55 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
adjust the trim on your radio?
I believe the method I saw posted was to lay a ruler across the top of the wing and make the elevons flush up to the ruler. Then adjust the trim on the radio once you are in the air to get it tracking smooth. It should be really close after using the ruler method though. If you have good servos, and good servo linkages it should stay flying nicely after that...
That's the technique I was looking for. Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:02 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
if you set it up with the ruler or cell phone and it doesn't track the roll perfectly straight,,,, it's not straight where you glued it together. The less tuning it takes right there to keep it from rolling the better it's gonna fly with less wag.it would or should have a slow roll nose down set straight with cg perfectly set, it should have just the slightest up from flat, a couple degrees
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:37 AM
Israel, Ashdod
Joined Dec 2009
377 Posts
Just finished the Laminating..

Pablo.
pablojaime is offline Find More Posts by pablojaime
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:17 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Another question for you guys.
For the prop is is better to go with foldable or just regular, I see alot of mixed stuff, Ive always run just a standard prop, so whats ya'lls take on the two?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:10 PM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2012
849 Posts
Just use a regular prop. Prefer APC E props, they're cheap and work well, and are thin so they will break on a bad landing, instead of damaging your motor/shaft/mount. Folding props are just unnecessary and expensive.
Hmerly is online now Find More Posts by Hmerly