Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:43 AM
Registered User
pablojaime's Avatar
Israel, Ashdod
Joined Dec 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotete View Post
Hello,

I'm using this servo, it's a perfect fit and a great servo:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9617

Geotete
That's a strong servo!! but a little too slow, isn't? can you feel the difference with a faster servo?

Pablo.
pablojaime is offline Find More Posts by pablojaime
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:47 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
310 Posts
I will not comment about the speed because this is the only one that I ever used in the ZII.
For my flying method is enough.

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:03 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,767 Posts
We dont use super fast servos, .16 to .20 work fine
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:45 AM
Registered User
pablojaime's Avatar
Israel, Ashdod
Joined Dec 2009
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
We dont use super fast servos, .16 to .20 work fine
Hi, today I purchased two of this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8776

The recommended by geotete are in BK..

Pablo.
pablojaime is offline Find More Posts by pablojaime
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:54 PM
Registered User
Montreal, Canada
Joined Nov 2003
135 Posts
What is the fastest it has been made to go and on what cell count. I started reading this thread, but way too many pages...
Allan_A is offline Find More Posts by Allan_A
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:57 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
i had a pretty quick 6s setup, about 2000w, but if you follow that other forum you would see there is a turbine powered ZII taking to the skies, 100mph at 1/2 throttle.

if you want more than 100mph go for something else, like a demon or something designed for it. 200mph is a piece of cake with a demon 50.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:17 AM
Registered User
Montreal, Canada
Joined Nov 2003
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85 View Post
i had a pretty quick 6s setup, about 2000w, but if you follow that other forum you would see there is a turbine powered ZII taking to the skies, 100mph at 1/2 throttle.

if you want more than 100mph go for something else, like a demon or something designed for it. 200mph is a piece of cake with a demon 50.
The problem is that there are no wings currently on the market above 40" for going fast. The demons, which you mention and I have owned in the past, are no longer in production. I started a thread recently asking for recommendations to no avail...

How fast did you get with the 6S?
Allan_A is offline Find More Posts by Allan_A
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
Registered User
pablojaime's Avatar
Israel, Ashdod
Joined Dec 2009
375 Posts
Hi, Probably already answered question, but didn't find it, What will give me more flight time: a 3s or 4s battery?
Motor OS 0.25 1200Kv
Esc Turnigy AE-80A
Thanks!!

Pablo.
pablojaime is offline Find More Posts by pablojaime
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:43 PM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablojaime View Post
Hi, Probably already answered question, but didn't find it, What will give me more flight time: a 3s or 4s battery?
Motor OS 0.25 1200Kv
Esc Turnigy AE-80A
Thanks!!

Pablo.
for longer flights use throttle control or bigger batteries.

for example 3s 4000 is going to be the same weight as 4s 3000, and contain overall the same amount of "watt x minutes" it's just a different voltage. the more volts you use (higher cell count) the easier it is to pull those watts out without going too high on the AMP draw and burning something.

having said all that, if you go for 4s and a 9x5 you will have good results. just use lowest possible throttle and you will extend your flights.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:52 PM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_A View Post
The problem is that there are no wings currently on the market above 40" for going fast. The demons, which you mention and I have owned in the past, are no longer in production. I started a thread recently asking for recommendations to no avail...

How fast did you get with the 6S?
if you want to go fast with a ZII you can, you just have to build it strong enough for the desired flying. if you tell CK what your plan is he will sort it out for you.

my setup did about 120mph with 2000w on a 7x5 and 6s 6600

if you want to go 150 you will want about 3000w, 8s is probably a good idea

if you want to go 180 you will want about 4000w, 10 0r 12s is a good idea

if you are putting more than 1500w through the ZII you will need a custom build, extra sparring, riteweave, thicker lam, crazy strong servos/pushrods/horns etc.

so just email CK and tell him how fast you want to go, he will sort you out with the rest.

if you go more than about 2.7kg you may also need a bungee to launch it safely.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:29 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,390 Posts
Hahaha
I hit 102 with 1200 watts.
so 800 more watts to hit 120.

The airfoil is not designed for for more than 80-90 mph.
Look how thick it is.
If you want something that goes faster, you should get a Demon!
Now that is the speed ship, I had one that went 170 all day!
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:42 PM
Registered User
Montreal, Canada
Joined Nov 2003
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
Hahaha
I hit 102 with 1200 watts.
so 800 more watts to hit 120.

The airfoil is not designed for for more than 80-90 mph.
Look how thick it is.
If you want something that goes faster, you should get a Demon!
Now that is the speed ship, I had one that went 170 all day!
I had a demon, but it is now in the graveyard. They are no longer in production so it's not an option unfortunately. I did indeed see the thickness, it's probably not symmetrical as well - so it's got a few things against it in the speed department, but it's also more space to fit cells!
Allan_A is offline Find More Posts by Allan_A
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
Registered User
Montreal, Canada
Joined Nov 2003
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85 View Post
if you want to go fast with a ZII you can, you just have to build it strong enough for the desired flying. if you tell CK what your plan is he will sort it out for you.

my setup did about 120mph with 2000w on a 7x5 and 6s 6600

if you want to go 150 you will want about 3000w, 8s is probably a good idea

if you want to go 180 you will want about 4000w, 10 0r 12s is a good idea

if you are putting more than 1500w through the ZII you will need a custom build, extra sparring, riteweave, thicker lam, crazy strong servos/pushrods/horns etc.

so just email CK and tell him how fast you want to go, he will sort you out with the rest.

if you go more than about 2.7kg you may also need a bungee to launch it safely.
I think 8S it is. Has anybody tried 8S yet? Any motor/prop recommendations?

What did u use for your 6S setup?
Allan_A is offline Find More Posts by Allan_A
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:59 PM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
i'm sure CK has an 8s ship somewhere, but it was a low power 8s setup.

how much do you want to spend? HK could get you going 150mph but it could burn at any time.

i used an ICE 100 and a ritewing roket 2856 1400kv motor. it got super hot with 2000w, i dialled it back to about 1500w.

if it was me i would be running castle ESC and either a big mega inrunner or scorpion outrunner.

i would probably run:
ICE 100 ESC
big scorpion outrnunner http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/inde...w&ref=SC4020-8
on a 9x7 or something like that, with 4x http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html for 8s 8000

that would probably be running those components as hard as you would ever want to, and you would only want to do short ish runs.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
brosius85's Avatar
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
if you get that setup get a few props like 8x8 and 9x6 aswell and check the watts and flight characteristics for what you like.

maybe even a 10x8 if you are feeling especially brave
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Building the ultimate Ritewing Zephyr ThomasWF FPV Talk 34 Feb 20, 2012 05:14 PM
Discussion wing thickness ritewing zephyr Herishi The Builders Workshop 2 Oct 05, 2011 08:36 AM
Discussion Ritewing Zephyr hobbycity motor nexstarselect FPV Talk 2 Mar 07, 2011 04:37 PM