HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:18 PM
When in doubt, mumble
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined May 2008
166 Posts
UPS fella dropped off the zeph unharmed and she looks good. Bigger than pictures do it justice. Ready to get this sucker in the air. Am I just lucky or did other people get RED winglets too?
TyCarp is offline Find More Posts by TyCarp
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:34 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
I'm preparing to cut the slot for GoPro Mount. Please, can you advise me the correct angulation with which to mount it ?
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:37 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
I am buildin two ZXL 81's extendo's rite now, the extensions tip molds are just fininshing their first run here in good ole USA, Pix tomo possibly ,That cad drawing in the red is what she looks like.
I am working on the upgraded spar system now, its looking strongashell!
Thats right my friend, keep building! One for you, one for me!
ronrob61 is offline Find More Posts by ronrob61
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Nov 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
I'm preparing to cut the slot for GoPro Mount. Please, can you advise me the correct angulation with which to mount it ?
Give it just a few degrees of down. If you lay your wing on a table without the winglets attached, then go a couple of dergrees down from that, maybe 5 or so youll be good. The GoPro is pretty forgiving though so dont make yourself crazy trying to find that perfect angle
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined Nov 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCarp View Post
UPS fella dropped off the zeph unharmed and she looks good. Bigger than pictures do it justice. Ready to get this sucker in the air. Am I just lucky or did other people get RED winglets too?
Some are red, some are black. Random whats in your kit. But if you wanted red, then you got lucky!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:22 AM
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrob61 View Post
Give it just a few degrees of down. If you lay your wing on a table without the winglets attached, then go a couple of dergrees down from that, maybe 5 or so youll be good. The GoPro is pretty forgiving though so dont make yourself crazy trying to find that perfect angle
Ok thanks. I'm going to proceede..
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Apr 2009
432 Posts
I realized that my CCD camera which I use in other FPV plane don't fit in TBS camera mount.

So please can you advice me a superb camera with good value for money that fit in it ?

thanks..
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:52 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Well I have finished my Zephyr build and all is set up ready to maiden. Was going to do that today but didn't get it done in time...

One worry is that it is a pig weight wise, due mainly to my choice in batteries I believe. Without batteries it comes in at 1.9kg, with batteries a whopping 2.9kg! I am using 2 x 4S 4000mah. Once up I should have a nice cruise time and good wind penetration with all that weight. If it will go up...

I will be launching from a bungee which should help matters a lot. I am really happy with the look, but maybe my little extras like battery hatches etc tipped the scales a bit. Well we will see what happens...
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:42 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,587 Posts
Does everything hang from the ceiling like that in Australia?

Is it because you're in Australia and it looks normal to you but for the rest of us that live on the "top" of the world it looks upside down?

-Mike

Looks great by the way! Nice build.
Stone1295 is offline Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:18 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Yeah it came in upside down for some reason and I was too lazy to change it! Just getting used to viewing it from all orientations.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Nov 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
Well I have finished my Zephyr build and all is set up ready to maiden. Was going to do that today but didn't get it done in time...

One worry is that it is a pig weight wise, due mainly to my choice in batteries I believe. Without batteries it comes in at 1.9kg, with batteries a whopping 2.9kg! I am using 2 x 4S 4000mah. Once up I should have a nice cruise time and good wind penetration with all that weight. If it will go up...

I will be launching from a bungee which should help matters a lot. I am really happy with the look, but maybe my little extras like battery hatches etc tipped the scales a bit. Well we will see what happens...
That looks awsome! It looks like your motor is mounted to the inside of the mount. How did you manage to hit CG with those honking batteries? I mount the motor to the out side, place the gear like you did and fly on 3s 4000 and im lucky to hit cg.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:16 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Actually it was pretty tail heavy. I really don't know why either. The only thing I can think of is maybe the vinyl added some extra weight on the tail. I have 2 lead weights taped under the nose and it balances at the 3.5 inch from the motor mount mark.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:54 AM
Beyond the BlackStump
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2006
317 Posts
Nice work. I cut a hole off the side of the main bay for the RVOSD and stuffed it in but I'm getting too much vibration so had already thought about rejigging it the way you have it. I'm using the RV anti vibe mount in a SW and happy with it so far, just need to get a couple more. Have you flown it yet? They are like a friggin' sports car
Macattaka is offline Find More Posts by Macattaka
Last edited by Macattaka; Oct 09, 2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:04 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
No, I won't have time for the maiden for a couple of weeks unfortunately. Looking forward to it though.