HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:17 PM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,779 Posts
whow, thats a great idea testing without Gopro have to monkey that LOL
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:45 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
whow, thats a great idea testing without Gopro have to monkey that LOL
I almost thought it was going to crash into the fence on the first try.

The wind changed directions so I set up the launcher but could not get enough lift. After a few failures I added a little more tension on the bungee (about 18 lbs) and then sent it the length of the field.

I am quite happy the bungee will get it up and level enough to power it into a good take off.

Problem is that I have not yet had the chance to take it to a place fly with a lot more room to do the maiden.

Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:27 PM
Registered User
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag View Post
Hey Tobermei,

I would love to come fly with you up the Mtn sometime when you get your Z2 going.. mine will hopefully be up n going next week.
Planning on doing some proximity style runs down the Glasshouse Mtns once its sorted

Chris.
Hey Chris

Great to hear from you, sounds good.

Tony
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:48 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Vince,
When you get that thing up in the air, go fly it over Disney!!!LOL!!!
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:40 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmax View Post
Vince,
When you get that thing up in the air, go fly it over Disney!!!LOL!!!
Are you kidding. The Mouse has SAM's
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:58 PM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,779 Posts
LOL
and Pluto has gas
LOL
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:01 AM
Registered User
Norway
Joined Feb 2012
85 Posts
RemiWM & Octane - Formation Proximity - Ritewing Z2 & Skywalker (5 min 38 sec)
RemiWM is offline Find More Posts by RemiWM
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2007
10 Posts
Thanks Vince, those non powered flights looked really good.
RCTinTin is offline Find More Posts by RCTinTin
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:11 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2007
10 Posts
Remi, that was a nice vid. What OSD is that?
RCTinTin is offline Find More Posts by RCTinTin
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2012, 12:42 PM
Registered User
Norway
Joined Feb 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTinTin View Post
Remi, that was a nice vid. What OSD is that?
Thanks
My Z2 has Hornet OSD. The Skywalker is Cyclops CE OSD.
RemiWM is offline Find More Posts by RemiWM
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:35 PM
Registered User
flyn's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Jun 2009
101 Posts
Hi all,

After many weeks of work I finally found the time & maidened my ZII! Thank you everyone who helped me get this bird in the air.

I gotta drop my prop down a pitch or 2 but other than that the ZII was spot on - even my antenna tracking ground station performed admirably.

Vid to follow shortly.

pics...

Name: photo 1.jpg
Views: 126
Size: 305.8 KB
Description: Name: photo 3.jpg
Views: 157
Size: 313.0 KB
Description: Name: photo 2.jpg
Views: 165
Size: 226.4 KB
Description:
flyn is offline Find More Posts by flyn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:44 PM
Registered User
flyn's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Jun 2009
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyn View Post
Hi all,

After many weeks of work I finally found the time & maidened my ZII! Thank you everyone who helped me get this bird in the air.

I gotta drop my prop down a pitch or 2 but other than that the ZII was spot on - even my antenna tracking ground station performed admirably.

Vid to follow shortly.

pics...

Attachment 4996494 Attachment 4996495 Attachment 4996496
Vid...

Zephyr II ZII Maiden Flight On Old Lancaster Bomber Base (4 min 21 sec)
flyn is offline Find More Posts by flyn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:26 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
flyn

Nice looking ZII and good Maiden

That looks like one great area to fly at.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:45 PM
Registered User
flyn's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Jun 2009
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
flyn

Nice looking ZII and good Maiden

That looks like one great area to fly at.
Hi Eagle,

thanks man I was shaking so bad but I managed to hold it together to put the ZII through it's paces, I can't get over how nice it flies. I must say I'm in love, I got my new favourite toy. Gonna build a bungee launcher though, I can throw it but I don't like to & it's kinda 50-50 sink or swim at the moment too. How's your launcher going?

Yeah we got some big skies over here, it was one of the Pathfinder's Lancaster bomber bases in WWII so there's a lot of history here. If you skip to 2.15 in the vid you can see a massively long thin field of crop on the left stretching to the horizon - that used to be the main runway, the second used to run past the corner of the road down by the club house. In the orangey/yellow field there's a air defence bunker there still.

Name: Screen shot 2012-07-09 at 02.44.59.jpg
Views: 97
Size: 64.2 KB
Description:
flyn is offline Find More Posts by flyn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:51 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyn View Post
Hi Eagle,

thanks man I was shaking so bad but I managed to hold it together to put the ZII through it's paces, I can't get over how nice it flies. I must say I'm in love, I got my new favourite toy. Gonna build a bungee launcher though, I can throw it but I don't like to & it's kinda 50-50 sink or swim at the moment too. How's your launcher going?

Yeah we got some big skies over here, it was one of the Pathfinder's Lancaster bomber bases in WWII so there's a lot of history here. If you skip to 2.15 in the vid you can see a massively long thin field of crop on the left stretching to the horizon - that used to be the main runway, the second used to run past the corner of the road down by the club house. In the orangey/yellow field there's a air defence bunker there still.

Attachment 4996717
I noticed how you added a couple of short launch attempts at the end of you video. I think the bungee it the way to go.

I also noticed the title on the video being an WWII Lancaster base. Then I saw how the roads where lined up with the grass and you could tell where the landing strip was. Really cool to be able to fly in a place like that.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Building the ultimate Ritewing Zephyr ThomasWF FPV Talk 34 Feb 20, 2012 05:14 PM
Discussion wing thickness ritewing zephyr Herishi The Builders Workshop 2 Oct 05, 2011 08:36 AM
Discussion Ritewing Zephyr hobbycity motor nexstarselect FPV Talk 2 Mar 07, 2011 04:37 PM