HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2012, 04:09 AM
***** on a stick
United Kingdom, England, Solihull
Joined Sep 2011
64 Posts
Well my Z2 is now in the country according to the Parcelforce tracking service and now awaiting the dreaded "customs clearance" here in the UK.

Could someone from the UK tell me how long theirs was at his stage and how long it took to clear?? The last time I order something from abroad it was at this stage for 6 days.
seibernator is offline Find More Posts by seibernator
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 07:17 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seibernator View Post
Well my Z2 is now in the country according to the Parcelforce tracking service and now awaiting the dreaded "customs clearance" here in the UK.

Could someone from the UK tell me how long theirs was at his stage and how long it took to clear?? The last time I order something from abroad it was at this stage for 6 days.
Ahhh, good ol' UK Customs; they're so random. My first ZII from Ritewing came straight through with no charges, my second got caught up in customs and I had to pay and my third came from Europe

http://shop.righthere.nu/fpv-ritewin...prod_1337.html
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old May 11, 2012, 08:24 AM
norway
Joined Oct 2009
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabster101 View Post
Where do you plan on mounting the RVOSD?
Im thinking about carving a hole on the side of the battery bay. and wrap it in foam for anti vibration. it should work i hope
fpv-tor is offline Find More Posts by fpv-tor
Old May 11, 2012, 09:49 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seibernator View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
Ahhh, good ol' UK Customs; they're so random. My first ZII from Ritewing came straight through with no charges, my second got caught up in customs and I had to pay and my third came from Europe

http://shop.righthere.nu/fpv-ritewin...prod_1337.html
I got mine from the UK free next day delivery and no customs charges http://desirerc.co.uk/

build log here http://fpv-forum.com/index.php?topic=521.0
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old May 11, 2012, 09:50 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Can someone make a video of what a z2 perfectly balanced should look like? Also go over the setup trim with a ruler and then stand the ruler up and show how much travel the ailrons should make full movements? If so I'd appreciate it

Hey Flohio,
You had your throws fine. !/4 inch up and down is right on. Your problem was CG. You were far too heavy in the nose. At the biginning of the vid you demistrated your CG and it tipped heavily forward. NOT GOOD. You need to set it so that it balances at the CG and then, espicially for your maiden just add enough to make it slightly nose heavey. A bit of nose heavy is good but you had it way too heavy. Your Toss was actually quite good and even with the CG off she almost pulled out. Leave everything the same and just drop some of the nose wieght and youll have an effortless launch.
NIce looking wing by the way!
ronrob61 is offline Find More Posts by ronrob61
Old May 11, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
how'd you end up with red coro? i want pink! haha jk lime green would be BA
Ya mean like this?
ronrob61 is offline Find More Posts by ronrob61
Old May 11, 2012, 09:59 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabster101 View Post
I just started my build and put my RVOSD and the anti vibe mount in the rear compartment. I had to cut some foam to get it to fit. I can post some pics when I get home. Not sure how it will work though.

Here are the pictures. If there is still too much vibrations with the anti vibe mount, I will try the old zephry motor mount with some dampening between the two pieces. I plan on installing the motor hanging off the back and the esc mounted right in front of the motor mount. BEC and current sensor in the back compartment with the OSD. I hope it works out.
cool thanks for the pics, I think I may copy you my rvosd has just cleared customs so I expect it any day now
MrBen. is offline Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old May 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrob61 View Post
Hey Flohio,
You had your throws fine. !/4 inch up and down is right on. Your problem was CG. You were far too heavy in the nose. At the biginning of the vid you demistrated your CG and it tipped heavily forward. NOT GOOD. You need to set it so that it balances at the CG and then, espicially for your maiden just add enough to make it slightly nose heavey. A bit of nose heavy is good but you had it way too heavy. Your Toss was actually quite good and even with the CG off she almost pulled out. Leave everything the same and just drop some of the nose wieght and youll have an effortless launch.
NIce looking wing by the way!
Thanks Ron. I'm waiting on props to come in hopefully by saturday they'll be here. Man I wanted to cry when she hit the dirt lmao she is anicelooking wing though . I WONDERwho built it for me
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old May 11, 2012, 12:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Haha nice, I m rethinking my green and orange now, darn..
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVLinda View Post
Pink WOULD be awesome!!!
While I haven't seen pink on a ZII here is a color scheme that includes pink and green and yellow on an Easy Star that might interest you.

This belongs to a fellow flyer. It is not mine and would not be my choice of colors. Need to were sunglasses to avoid the glare.

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...g?d=1331440594

Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old May 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Owe that's hurts, I take he has a hard time finding it los?
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 11, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2007
18 Posts
What is pizza box style? Like a side arm frisbee launch?
skotch40 is offline Find More Posts by skotch40
Old May 11, 2012, 04:57 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,558 Posts
Yep.

Grab the plane (I'm right handed) on the left leading edge about halfway to the wingtip and give it a good forehand throw.

I usually grab it with 4 fingers on top and my thumb on the bottom, run the throttle up to about 2/3's, and then give it a good heave.

The release is pretty important; release it fairly flat but with the nose slightly up from the horizon.

I've found that if I don't have enough power on launch I get a bad torque style roll to the left and I don't have enough time to recover.

-Mike
Stone1295 is offline Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old May 11, 2012, 05:19 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,761 Posts
Pizza box is as if somone is at your door handing you a pizza.

Watch the first 3 launches , then see diggs and how he is holding the IYF when he says the wind sux.
This is pixxa box launch, not out away from center of nose , hold it as close to the nose as possible.
See me at 3:30 launching a 5 lb demon with a 40 wingspan.
All the wing Launches in this vid are pizza box style.

ritewing SEFF 2011 (7 min 56 sec)
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Last edited by klique; May 11, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old May 11, 2012, 05:52 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
Haha nice, I m rethinking my green and orange now, darn..
Hey don't copy me. I was hoping my z2 was the only one with that combo lol
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117