SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 08, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2011
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Don't forget to cut a channel to get the battery wires past the RVOSD back to the ESC.

Also now that you have less foam beneath the RVOSD you may want to add reinforcing tape on the bottom of the ZII under it.
The battery wires don't go past the RVOSD they go to the current sensor which will be in the empty spot next to the osd. I'm still in the planning stages I haven't started cutting any wire channels yet.

I poked around on the bottom of the cut out and it still has quite a bit of foam left. It doesn't seem to have caused any weak areas in the structure. I plan to hot glue that anti vibe mount in which would help strengthen in up some.
cabster101 is offline Find More Posts by cabster101
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 08:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
So MR. CK,
I have some beef, and we may have to go to FPVLAB where I can unedit myself, but...

I have about 6 flights in mine now, tonight was my first go-round with decent enough video to fpv...

wt eff I freaking love this plane... nuff said.. beef over... vid in a bit...
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 08, 2012, 08:42 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Thnx buddy I appreciate it .
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old May 08, 2012, 10:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
Zephyr ZII 05082012 (9 min 18 sec)

as promised,

most was los, just ripping
Old May 08, 2012, 11:30 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,552 Posts
Joined the club

Hey guys I thought I'd show you my 1st attempt at flying my new z2 today it went as I hoped it wouldn't
Zephyr 2 Maiden Crash :( (2 min 22 sec)
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old May 08, 2012, 11:53 PM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Hey guys I thought I'd show you my 1st attempt at flying my new z2 today it went as I hoped it wouldn't http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pr2_fOBE6Q
it's hard to tell on camera, I know the zeph doesn't meed a whole lot of throw, your throw looks low.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1276

make the top of the elevon complete the airfoil for neutral position, I pretty much slapped a ruler flat across the wing towards the elevons and made sure the top of the elevon was also touching the ruler. Then give 5 click of up trim for your maiden

The only thing I've done since maiden is give a little more throw on up elevator for landing
dr_patso is offline Find More Posts by dr_patso
Old May 09, 2012, 12:46 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_patso View Post
it's hard to tell on camera, I know the zeph doesn't meed a whole lot of throw, your throw looks low.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1276

make the top of the elevon complete the airfoil for neutral position, I pretty much slapped a ruler flat across the wing towards the elevons and made sure the top of the elevon was also touching the ruler. Then give 5 click of up trim for your maiden

The only thing I've done since maiden is give a little more throw on up elevator for landing
My throws in high rates are only a 1/4 inch up and down I thought that was right? I also did the ruler and 5 clicks up trim before the flight but it wouldn't even pull up at all
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old May 09, 2012, 03:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2012
16 Posts
It looks like everyone that flies one of these crashes it on the first time, is that so?
FPVLinda is offline Find More Posts by FPVLinda
Old May 09, 2012, 04:39 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
nope. but if it is not set up in accordance with the manual you will make it hard for yourself. if you have never flown a wing before you are behind the 8 ball too.

there are a few who have had flawless starts, you just have to pay attention and do not go weak when launching.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Old May 09, 2012, 05:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
my last vid posted was on an almost windless day, I could hear the whoosh as i threw it and it was still mushy till about 20 agl, i also to the side-arm throw starting with the wing tip resting on the ground
Old May 09, 2012, 05:06 AM
Australia, WA
Joined Oct 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVLinda View Post
It looks like everyone that flies one of these crashes it on the first time, is that so?
Na mate its easy. Looked like not enoff power and more up needed And a better throwing hold.
Locko is offline Find More Posts by Locko
Old May 09, 2012, 06:26 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Dec 2010
272 Posts
Maybe you should try to "throw" it more then just letting it push into the air by the motor....looked like that "throw" was just too gentle.
BKMorpheus is offline Find More Posts by BKMorpheus
Old May 09, 2012, 07:53 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2007
344 Posts
Flohio117, no worries man same thing happened to me my first throw. Brosius has it right, throw it hard. Your Z hasn't got enough air moving over its surfaces to be controllable in that short of time(in your video).

On my next throw however, I could tell the second it was going fast enough by the way my controls sprung to life and I could pull up and bank it over.

Im sure prior wing experience helps but hey, gotta start somewhere
superevan is online now Find More Posts by superevan
Old May 09, 2012, 08:04 AM
KragerÝ, Norway
Joined Jun 2010
724 Posts
I guess your throw was to gentle. When I throw my zeph, i throw it almost as hard as i can :P That's maybe because i am afraid to stall and roll into the ground.
Voguna is offline Find More Posts by Voguna
Old May 09, 2012, 08:33 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,839 Posts
I throw it powered like an easy star with 3/4 throttle ... a firm launch like a Javelin not like a dart .. from behind and forward with about 40 degree up angle ... works for me ...

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr