HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 02:54 PM
WOT happened?
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2011
196 Posts
ok.. good to know.. thanks Chris.
Is there a specific brand name you suggest i search for? Do you have any favorites? Where do you buy your props?

Thanks again.
chicken sashimi is offline Find More Posts by chicken sashimi
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:16 PM
Belgium, Brussels
Joined Jul 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken sashimi View Post
ok.. good to know.. thanks Chris.
Is there a specific brand name you suggest i search for? Do you have any favorites? Where do you buy your props?

Thanks again.
I find very good and widely used the aeronaut cam 10X6 Folding prop
Halford is offline Find More Posts by Halford
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:56 PM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Hey everyone I just paid for my z2 and everything except for a prop for it. What is some good props to run in a 3s setup? And a good prop for a 4s setup. I have both batteries 3s-4s but I have 3 4400mah 3s batteries that I'd like to be able to use in this if I want to.
Oh this will also be my 1st build besides stuff I've made out of foam board so I hope it's not to hard to putbtogether. I've never had to use aproxies or gorilla glue or anything so this will be interesting. I hope it goes easy.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:13 AM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Make sure you know how to control the foaming of GG.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:50 AM
never mind the boll⁣⁣⁣ocks
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
flohio

i am guessing you have the ritewing motor? 3s 10x5 4s 9x6

i think. i have not got the data on it but that should be a safe place to start.

more than anything it depends on your flying style and altitude. high altitude needs more pitch, low altitude will draw more amps.

keep an eye on the temps when running a new prop, that will tell you for certain if it is the right prop. if the motor ends up too hot to touch you are going to kill it for sure.
brosius85 is offline Find More Posts by brosius85
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:52 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Hey everyone I just paid for my z2 and everything except for a prop for it. What is some good props to run in a 3s setup? And a good prop for a 4s setup. I have both batteries 3s-4s but I have 3 4400mah 3s batteries that I'd like to be able to use in this if I want to.
Oh this will also be my 1st build besides stuff I've made out of foam board so I hope it's not to hard to putbtogether. I've never had to use aproxies or gorilla glue or anything so this will be interesting. I hope it goes easy.
I strongly recommend that you simulate the whole process of installing the main spars .. so you don't end like me.... a scrap foam and some extra GG will save your ZII for sure .. it is something that has to be done to be felt right .. and be prepared to fix the spars with blunt tools like flat screw drives or whatever .. so they don't float .. also dry fit the main spars in the slot before you proceed with the gorilla glue .. so you have an idea of how they should look at the end ... and know for sure if your spars have floated or they are properly seated ..

the use of CA and kicker to hold the spars so they won't float .. has to be tested to .. use brands that you're comfortable with and already know how long will it take to cure .. ... this step is messy .. but with right preparations and this suggested simulation you should be fine .. try it on scarab foam and a couple of wooden dowels... just to get the proper feeling

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Dang guys this thing sounds out of my skill level to build lmao! Also thanks for breaking down the props. I think I'll just pay the extra and have it built right so I don't mess it up.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:09 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,768 Posts
Its not hard if you pay attention to detail.
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Jan 2008
942 Posts
just replaced my axi with the 30 10l hacker. it draws 68 amp on 4s and folding 10x6. can I run it on WOT unlimited or can it burn? how long bursts are possible?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy II using Tapatalk
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:26 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
if you want to run a thousand watts for extended periods, get a motor rated to do it.

the 10L is not a thousand watt rated motor.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:55 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Dang guys this thing sounds out of my skill level to build lmao! Also thanks for breaking down the props. I think I'll just pay the extra and have it built right so I don't mess it up.
My ZII was my first "build from scratch" also. It is not difficult and if you run into any issues there is a lot of help right here on this thread.

If you build it yourself you will enjoy flying it that much more..
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2007
328 Posts
Brosius85, I bought an el cheapo plastic 10x6 just to start with on my 3s, ritewing motor setup (2kg auw). My LHS didn't have many options and I didn't feel the need to take the plunge on an expensive CF folding prop. You think that'll be alright?

Due to timing, and life in general I probably won't get to maiden it for a couple of weeks but I figure I'd ask the man now.
superevan is online now Find More Posts by superevan
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:13 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Dec 2010
1,256 Posts
on 3s it will probably be ok. i just would not use a cheap folder. go with a normal prop and there is no chance of a problem.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:16 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2007
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosius85 View Post
on 3s it will probably be ok. i just would not use a cheap folder. go with a normal prop and there is no chance of a problem.
Thanks for the advice. And you are in fact the zephyr man!
superevan is online now Find More Posts by superevan
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
I'm just going to have it made that way I know I'm not throwing my money away. And I also don't really have the time to mess one up. Because I'm moving from alaskanto Texas soon and I'm driving the whole way and want to fly FPV and get great video while on the trip.