HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:00 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Nice about the satellite port (my mistake, hard to see in there).

Any "serious, hardcore heli pilot" is not going to be considering blade helis at all. Blade has made a niche market for themselves in the beginner to intermediate market. I don't think they will seriously challenge align, ma, rave or ms heli in the 450 category as a serious contender for a while yet.
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
Nice about the satellite port (my mistake, hard to see in there).

Any "serious, hardcore heli pilot" is not going to be considering blade helis at all. Blade has made a niche market for themselves in the beginner to intermediate market. I don't think they will seriously challenge align, ma, rave or ms heli in the 450 category as a serious contender for a while yet.
I don't know about that. Lots of those guys like "beater helis" to practice on and Blade sure fits the bill. There are some guys in my club who have B400s and just about fly the rotors off of them. One guy has three B400s and uses them for practice birds for the big, expensive stuff.

A good, solid FBL heli with a proven airframe for 500 bucks isn't bad at all and a huge number of them already have a compatible Spektrum TX. Even better when they've been on the market for a while and good prices can be found. I've already seen the B450 3D at Ampdraw Hobbies for under $250...barely...but still a smokin' price.
mhunter is offline Find More Posts by mhunter
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb22185 View Post
They Will NEVER hit the Align 450 Market NEVER COME CLOSE!!!!
I never said they'd actually do that, did I? No...

I said IF Horizon is aiming for that market with a FBL 450 heli that they, themselves, market as ADVANCED, then they should offer a TT version/upgrade. This is the first heli they've ever offered with them listing it as "advanced". They also seem serious since they went with, perhaps, the best FBL controller technology by using the BeastX instead of developing something "unknown" in house.

IMHO, ANY heli that's "advanced" should have a TT option.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:59 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
I don't know about that. Lots of those guys like "beater helis" to practice on and Blade sure fits the bill. There are some guys in my club who have B400s and just about fly the rotors off of them. One guy has three B400s and uses them for practice birds for the big, expensive stuff.

A good, solid FBL heli with a proven airframe for 500 bucks isn't bad at all and a huge number of them already have a compatible Spektrum TX. Even better when they've been on the market for a while and good prices can be found. I've already seen the B450 3D at Ampdraw Hobbies for under $250...barely...but still a smokin' price.
Since you yourself used the term "beater" heli I'll go along with that.

As for "the best FBL technology", I far prefer skookum and vbar, even if they cost more. That said, I'll give the AR7200BX a try since i don't have to pay extra for satellite adapters.

Not trying to get into an arguement here just stating my own opinions.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Not trying to get into an arguement here just stating my own opinions.
As was I and you didn't accentuate "just your opinion" when you point blank said no "serious, hardcore pilots" would even consider Blade, as if it were fact. Yes, they most definitely WOULD...just maybe not in your area, but that doesn't make it so everywhere else.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:11 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb22185 View Post
They Will NEVER hit the Align 450 Market NEVER COME CLOSE!!!!
What makes Align so special that they can't come close?
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
What makes Align so special that they can't come close?
We'll know for sure if the Chinese copy cats start cloning the B450 X left and right.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:19 PM
Suspended Account
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
gemini3 is offline Find More Posts by gemini3
Last edited by gemini3; Oct 21, 2011 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:23 PM
Suspended Account
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Last edited by gemini3; Oct 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:41 PM
Build, Fly, Crash. Repeat.
Joined May 2011
314 Posts
I think when it comes to little 450s the benefits of a torque tube are minimal.
Especially for the B450 which is marketed mostly to beginners.
nick_onelove is offline Find More Posts by nick_onelove
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:42 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
As was I and you didn't accentuate "just your opinion" when you point blank said no "serious, hardcore pilots" would even consider Blade, as if it were fact. Yes, they most definitely WOULD...just maybe not in your area, but that doesn't make it so everywhere else.
All of what we post on here are opinions but lets see... go to a heli competition and see how many blade helis there are except for demonstrations paid for by eflite/horizon hobby....

Do I own blade helis? Sure, but the biggest is the blade sr (what a serious mistake that was) and it will be given away to one of my friends as a back up as I can't justify making anyone pay for such a crappy product.

The mcpx and other micros that blade have made are their forte. I would never seriously consider buying either a blade 400 or 450. I'd rather build a clone with better electronics for the same price.

That said, I don't want this thread to turn into another war on who makes better helis. Everyone who knows their helis already knows the answer to that. I won't be spending $500 on a bnf heli like this. Hell I just paid $380 for a used Trex 450 Pro 3G w/ spare parts.

I'm sure that HH will be very successful with this heli, good for them and I'm sure many people will be very happy with the product and good for them as well. I just won't be one of them. To each their own.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Quote:
All of what we post on here are opinions but lets see... go to a heli competition and see how many blade helis there are except for demonstrations paid for by eflite/horizon hobby....
I never said these were "competition grade" helis, nor did I say those types of heli pilots would actually compete with a Blade. Still doesn't mean they won't have one or two back home to thrash around because some definitely do and that's not opinion.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_onelove View Post
Especially for the B450 which is marketed mostly to beginners.
Then ask yourself why Horizon markets the new B450 X as "advanced" on their website. That's the first time I've seen that with any of their heli offerings. Seems like they're trying to make a "stand" with this one...
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:56 PM
Suspended Account
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts
Last edited by gemini3; Oct 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:56 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Quote:
A great many serious, hardcore heli pilots aren't going to want a belt tail.
I know you like to stir the pot a lot, which is why you have almost 1200 posts in just 4 months, but really???

From the quote above you imply that hardcore pilots won't like it just because of the belt tail, I'm telling you that hardcore pilots aren't looking at blade helis at all unless it's as you say "a beater heli". You tend to do a lot of backpedaling.

I own a mcpx as my "beater" and also a bunch of clones, both to try them and to use them as beaters because all said and done, they (clones) still fly a lot closer to my Trex 450 Pro, Furion 450 and Rave 450 than any Blade heli does.

I don't have anything against any particular company, I've almost tried them all (except for henseleit... just can't bring myself to spend that much) and they all have their strengths and weaknesses, every company does. The Trex 100 was a horrible heli and most will agree (except for die hard trex fans). Well die hard blade fans will argue till they're blue that blade makes the best helis ever... guess what? Not even close.

Anyway, like I said before, to each their own and I'm sure that those who buy this "advanced" heli will be happy with it and that's all the really matters so I'll sign out of this particular thread.