Farmer
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Hi Farmer, here are a few ideas for future videos if you are taking requests

Motors - Comparison of c05, hp03s, and mcpx main

Servos - hk282a (how'd you get them to fit, performance, etc.), stock w/ servo saver mod, other

Tail - kdbb blade vs stock w/ pitch mod vs extended boom w/ mcpx v3 tail

p.s. Your video on setting endpoints has likely saved me from stripping several servos. I hope you'll put it back up so others can learn this technique.
There are lots of videos on setiing endpoints so you dont get ccpm interactions and cause dammage to your servos, finless bob has quite a few of those videos. Reason why your servos strip is because during ccpm interactions (binding) puts a great load on the gears and wear out the shaft holes (they get enlarged) which inturn produces more play in the gears, all this then you happen to crash they strip, the dammage was already there just needed a little extra push to completely damage the servo. If you been flying ccpm heli's for a while you should already know this.. Before we had endpoint adjustments or computer radios we used cyclic rings on the radio and or stick stops, there are many ways to resolve this issue.

Do not turn your ail n elv extant pot up to make your heli flip faster like you see those guys do on review videos like xheli or alishanmao ect ect. Servo travel was not the issue earlier rx's from walkera had balance delay issues which made the helis tough to flip, jusy turn ur ail n elv extant pot up untill it binds then back it down until you can fully rotate the cyclic stick in a circle with out any ccpm intetactions (binding) and go fly its as easy as that.

As for kbdd blades, I think they should stick with bigger heli's even if you have the power to swing the blades they are heavy and will cause more dammage in a crash like strip servo's wear out your head dampers or even crack the rotor head, the tail blade is a joke compaired to the new mcpx tailblade, yes its tough but you just end up bending the tail motor shaft in a hard crash, wowhobbies and local hobby shops sell the new mcpx tailblade seperate now no need to buy the whole assembly..

Want better lift use the stock mcpx blades (the non bullet ones) makes the genius more stable,

I fly my mcpx powered genius more then my brushless one, right now im working on recovering from my health issues. If you want a video decide on which (1) you want and i'll do my best to put one as soon as I can

Thanks

Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 01:04 AM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by txipicopter View Post

¿Al aire libre?,,, mas tarde, de momento en el interior...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgSSZKgDSA
ver que te dije una vez que conseguir que funcione bien a usted le gusta el motor mcpx mi amigo, me alegro que disfrute el helicóptero, estoy seguro que disfrutar de tus videos de vuelo nocturno en frente de un bar con su cámara pro ir lo que hizo ayuda será mejor que me explique en su idioma?

Saludos amigo

Farmer

Walkera Genius Cp (1 min 10 sec)

Btw I have hardly any servo throw in this vid, mixing your collective and cyclic just right is what makes it flip fast..

Happy flying.
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Jan 06, 2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 01:31 AM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8 View Post
OK, I have not been reading the entire thread, I miss a few pages hear and there, but I am pretty sure I didnt miss it.... FARMER what the hell is your secret servo saver technique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you do this to us! you know full well every minute you waste getting this information to us servos are being wrenched asunder! How can you allow the senseless destruction of possibly hundereds of innocent tiny little white gears? I had a lot of respect for you up untill now! Just in the time this post took to write I bet 4 more servos are pop pop clicking... I hope you sleep well tonight
Bemnlee came out with a better idea bud
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Jan 06, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 01:33 AM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
There are lots of videos on setiing endpoints so you dont get ccpm interactions and cause dammage to your servos, finless bob has quite a few of those videos. Reason why your servos strip is because during ccpm interactions (binding) puts a great load on the gears and wear out the shaft holes (they get enlarged) which inturn produces more play in the gears, all this then you happen to crash they strip, the dammage was already there just needed a little extra push to completely damage the servo. If you been flying ccpm heli's for a while you should already know this.. Before we had endpoint adjustments or computer radios we used cyclic rings on the radio and or stick stops, there are many ways to resolve this issue.

Do not turn your ail n elv extant pot up to make your heli flip faster like you see those guys do on review videos like xheli or alishanmao ect ect. Servo travel was not the issue earlier rx's from walkera had balance delay issues which made the helis tough to flip, jusy turn ur ail n elv extant pot up untill it binds then back it down until you can fully rotate the cyclic stick in a circle with out any ccpm intetactions (binding) and go fly its as easy as that.

As for kbdd blades, I think they should stick with bigger heli's even if you have the power to swing the blades they are heavy and will cause more dammage in a crash like strip servo's wear out your head dampers or even crack the rotor head, the tail blade is a joke compaired to the new mcpx tailblade, yes its tough but you just end up bending the tail motor shaft in a hard crash, wowhobbies and local hobby shops sell the new mcpx tailblade seperate now no need to buy the whole assembly..

Want better lift use the stock mcpx blades (the non bullet ones) makes the genius more stable,

I fly my mcpx powered genius more then my brushless one, right now im working on recovering from my health issues. If you want a video decide on which (1) you want and i'll do my best to put one as soon as I can

Thanks

Farmer

Hey Farmer,

First, I'd like to say that I hope you recover very soon! Being sick sucks big time.

As for the video, I'd like to put my vote on the servo mod and not the endpoint adjustment if I may.

Thanks
deux_18 is offline Find More Posts by deux_18
Old Jan 06, 2012, 01:50 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2006
291 Posts
Servo Saver Mod

Dave's servo saver video got me thinking. Why not put a regular servo saver on the servo. They work great on r/c car steering. When the arm overload, the servo saver just give and save the gears. Just need one that is small enough to fit the space. Also need to be simple enough to make yourself. After a false start, finally got it working.

Here is a servo saver for the Genius similar in operation to ones in r/c cars:

http://benmlee.com/Genius_Servo_Saver.htm
benmlee is offline Find More Posts by benmlee
Old Jan 06, 2012, 04:36 AM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
Dave's servo saver video got me thinking. Why not put a regular servo saver on the servo. They work great on r/c car steering. When the arm overload, the servo saver just give and save the gears. Just need one that is small enough to fit the space. Also need to be simple enough to make yourself. After a false start, finally got it working.

Here is a servo saver for the Genius similar in operation to ones in r/c cars:

http://benmlee.com/Genius_Servo_Saver.htm
That is perfect benmlee, thats basically how it works on my micro team losi micro stadium truck

I would use a piece of cut rc car fuel tubing as an oring to compress the servo horn around the teeth.

You are very creative, and im very impressed with your idea benmlee, going to do it to all my servos in the morning.

Thanks bud I love it

Farmer
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,961 Posts
As usual, good website benmlee.

I liked your "Genius Challenge: Land on This 2.5" Diameter Helipad"
video:

Walkera Genius Precision Landing (1 min 12 sec)

It might be better to have an un-edited "How fast can you land the Genius consecutively three times in a row on a 2.5 inch Diameter Helipad" challenge. This way, it helps reduce recording of any "chance" lucky landings.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Jan 06, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:53 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
What's the technique used to open up the servo case so you can rotate gears on pre-servo saver servos?, thanks
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jan 06, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Hi Farmer

Could you say me why do you prefer mcpx motor to the brushless (hp03s I suppose) ?

I think with mcpx motor it's heavier than normal brushed Genius... So that you have something like a mcpx...
Flo38 is offline Find More Posts by Flo38
Old Jan 06, 2012, 12:25 PM
addicted to the sound ehhhhhhh
Joined Dec 2011
138 Posts
whats the best way to reattach? or to configure another landing skid application to the gcp? MY landing skids finnaly gave out on one side and im having a hell of a time getting them to re stick
englanito is offline Find More Posts by englanito
Old Jan 06, 2012, 04:01 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,828 Posts
I found the plugs at my LHS just look for Losi micro-t plugs. Just be careful because losi reverses the wires. Blue is + and red is -.

Charging right now on my 6-10 charger. A little funny to see a little battery with this giant charger lol!!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2012, 04:22 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by englanito View Post
whats the best way to reattach? or to configure another landing skid application to the gcp? MY landing skids finnaly gave out on one side and im having a hell of a time getting them to re stick
Hot glue is quick but messy. I've been glueing skids lately with CA then covering it with bakeing soda which holds nicely. Once I got tired of hot gluing the stock skids I cut them off and used skids from Xtreme. They were made for the CB100 and the V100D01. You can still buy them online for about $6. They fit like they were made for the Genius CP.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jan 06, 2012, 04:29 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,828 Posts
Has anyone thought of just using epoxy or shoe goo?

Should the radio gyro be set to manual or auto?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:03 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,828 Posts
Got my charge adapter made.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2012, 07:11 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by txipicopter View Post

¿Al aire libre?,,, mas tarde, de momento en el interior...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgSSZKgDSA

amare il tuo uomo video! Felice di vederti bloccato in un motore mcpx in là! Quanto è durato il motore scorte?

Matt
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt