HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:39 PM
Tennesee
Joined Feb 2007
504 Posts
I watched the video on changing TA thinking that I would pay more attention while actually doing it. Hope it gets put back up.
vanman2004b is offline Find More Posts by vanman2004b
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:43 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman2004b View Post
I watched the video on changing TA thinking that I would pay more attention while actually doing it. Hope it gets put back up.
Ya...that one taught a lot of people to pay more attention. I was thinking I'd go back and try it again but it was gone.
I only had to make one adjustment and it was to the airelon servo. Oddly enough, that was the first servo to go out before I made the adjustment.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:48 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2011
345 Posts
Hi guys, i have a BNF Genius CP coming soon in the mail, i have both the 2603 and 2801PRO Transmitters, i am wondering if anyone has the settings i need to program into the Transmitter to work with the Genius CP. any help or info links that can help would be much appreciated thanks.

PS any upgrade suggestions or replacement parts that i should keep my stock of would also be appreciated.
andione1983 is online now Find More Posts by andione1983
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:53 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325037 (scroll down the page to number 9)

I've had over a hundred crashes and so far broken the canopy (don't use the stock one anymore because I crash too much), landing skids, and main gear. Skids and main gear were fixable with ca, but I went ahead and replaced the main gear...keeping the ca'ed one as a spare.

edit: I'd also pick up pinions so you can easily swap out different motors.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Last edited by bytemuncher; Dec 31, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:19 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andione1983 View Post
Hi guys, i have a BNF Genius CP coming soon in the mail, i have both the 2603 and 2801PRO Transmitters, i am wondering if anyone has the settings i need to program into the Transmitter to work with the Genius CP. any help or info links that can help would be much appreciated thanks.

PS any upgrade suggestions or replacement parts that i should keep my stock of would also be appreciated.
Good starting setup for the 2603 post #47, but you will get more help here using the 2801. My 2 GCP flies great with the 2603 & 2 V120D02S in normal flight mode. If you plan on fling 3D or stunt mode I would use your 2801.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1325037&page=4
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,674 Posts
Quote:

Had my Genius for about 3 months. Replaced tail boom and tail fin about 7 or 8 times. Landing gear/frame 4 times. Main shaft twice. I broke 5 servos, 3 tail rotor blades, 2 tail motors and the battery tray/frame twice. Feathering shaft only lasts about 40 flights for me. I used a bunch of those.

I have had no problems with the main gear, linkage, swash plates, rotor head and blade grips.

It's a lot but considering it was my first CP heli and I have about 800 flights on it, I think it's OK. Repairs are fewer and far apart nowadays, but just today I think I diagnosed a faulty receiver... Too expensive to change so I just ordered a new BNF Genius.

The word is... Buy parts! You'll need them.

Chris

PS: Oh yes... And canopies... I broke about 5 of them.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:10 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:

I would Pm Bob L and get his setup guide for the 2801 a well setup model will go through far less spare parts than a poor set up one

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:57 PM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
I would Pm Bob L and get his setup guide for the 2801 a well setup model will go through far less spare parts than a poor set up one

Regards David
Note that Bob L's is a 6ax setup

RD
rldeveer is offline Find More Posts by rldeveer
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
... Farmer Dave had a great video on changing the travel adjust so the swash doesn't bind up. That added 1 min flight time for me and could save servos. We're waiting for that video to come back to youtube, it was taken off.
The Genius defintly needs some pre-flight maintence or otherwise it's off to the parts shop (hopefully not China).
Mike
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman2004b View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
Ya...that one taught a lot of people to pay more attention. I was thinking I'd go back and try it again but it was gone.
I only had to make one adjustment and it was to the airelon servo. Oddly enough, that was the first servo to go out before I made the adjustment.
Mike
I thought that was his best video, yet it was removed.

What's up with that?
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Jan 01, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post

What's up with that?
Don't know, but I miss Dave. he is a very valuable member of this forum. I hope he is well and will drop in on us again.
MISS YOU DAVE!
Mike
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,647 Posts
Quote:

Canopy mod so the canopy doesn't slid over and block a servo. That one grounded me for 10 days. Turn the TA on the pitch down to 65-70% will help the motor and servos from going. Buy a couple of servos.
Have you seen the Finless Bob videos about set up and CP management?
Mike
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:51 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Off topic--kinda

Hi Guys,

Given our new baby, I haven't been to the flying field lately. I went yesterday, and I took the Walkeras and my Rave 450. I'm using a DX7 for the Rave. I charged the tx battery a few weeks ago, and used the DX7 for a short time on the sim last week. When I turned on the DX7, I get a low battery warning--it's at 8V or something ridiculous like that. Luckily, the 2801Pro and the DX7 use a similar battery, so it didn't keep me from flying my 450.

The weird thing is that I know I didn't leave the DX7 on or anything like that. Today, I had a bit of time, so I connected my voltmeter to the 3S battery. One of the 3 cells had 0V! I cut the shrink wrap off the pack, but didn't see anything odd. All solder connections were still intact, none of the cells looked puffed. Measuring straight at the cells, I can see that the center cell truly has 0V. Has anyone seen this kind of thing before? With all of the horror stories you hear about lipos, it sent a shiver down my spine to see two cells at ~4.1V, and the center cell just plain open. Hmmm.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:02 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post

What's up with that?
I have to agree with you there - the technique for adjusting Ta to a level that there is no servo binding is something well worth doing and the video was a great guide.

Hopefully Dave will be back in the not too distant future and still has the video so he can re list it.

Get Well Dave we all miss You

Regards David
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:06 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Here is my post on helifreak summarizing what Dave did in his video. It's a shame he has a tendency to remove his videos quickly after posting them.

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=36

Can anyone remember, did he also dial down the ta on his pitch servo to ~68%? I've done this for ele and ail, but not for pitch.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:18 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Here is my post on helifreak summarizing what Dave did in his video. It's a shame he has a tendency to remove his videos quickly after posting them.

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=36

Can anyone remember, did he also dial down the ta on his pitch servo to ~68%? I've done this for ele and ail, but not for pitch.
Not sure that really depends on what curves he is running Bob White (Finless) tends to turn it down to 70% to get linear curves Tom Z 60% so if you are looking to use linear curves you want 60-70% anyway.

Regards David