HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:37 PM
Farmer
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytflyer View Post
Sounds like the CO5 is the best option then thanks guys!
you cant go wrong with the C05
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:43 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
One advantage to the HP03s verse brushed is u would not have to wait much time between flights as I am sure u know the brushed motors gets real hot.
Yea my brushed motor got hot but not really scorching hot. I let it rest between flights. But what i really like is the stock tail motors. When i fly outside, i can fly one lipo after the other and the tail motor just stays warm. I have over 150 flights on the tail motor and it is still going strong. And that is with it driving a modded stock prop. Sorry if i go off topic of the 03 motor talk. It's just that not much action is going on in the other genius thread.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:30 PM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
Yea my brushed motor got hot but not really scorching hot. I let it rest between flights. But what i really like is the stock tail motors. When i fly outside, i can fly one lipo after the other and the tail motor just stays warm. I have over 150 flights on the tail motor and it is still going strong. And that is with it driving a modded stock prop. Sorry if i go off topic of the 03 motor talk. It's just that not much action is going on in the other genius thread.
talk about anything you want just not 6 axis lol..
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:38 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
you cant go wrong with the C05
what pinion are you using with the CO5 Dave ?

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:14 PM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
what pinion are you using with the CO5 Dave ?

Regards David
im using 8t pinion right now. head speed feels low but it dont bog like my hp03s did,

wonder how 10 t pinion will do

what are you running david?

Farmer
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Oct 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:16 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Thanks for renaming this thread. Yes i would like to know your findings in pinion choice with the C05. I am using the stock genius pinion which is i think a 9t. How does the C05 perform with a 7t and 8t pinions? What was the flight times with each pinion? Don't go changing your pinions and finding out. Just of the top of your head, did you notice keeping power longer? I limit myself to 3 minutes while flying in idle up. I have not flown the heli until the noticeable power drop. I was thinking about upping my timer to 3.5 minutes. Again this is using the hyperions. I don't use the stock lipos anymore.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:21 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
im using 8t pinion right now. head speed feels low but it dont bog like my hp03s did,

wonder how 10 t pinion will do?
I have ordered a 8 and a 9 - what head speed are you getting on 8t about 5k ?

I think with a CO5 you are likely to be getting 5700 with a 9t buster - I felt it was probably a bit high for my liking so I ordered a 8 in as well.

Regards David
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:35 PM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
Thanks for renaming this thread. Yes i would like to know your findings in pinion choice with the C05. I am using the stock genius pinion which is i think a 9t. How does the C05 perform with a 7t and 8t pinions? What was the flight times with each pinion? Don't go changing your pinions and finding out. Just of the top of your head, did you notice keeping power longer? I limit myself to 3 minutes while flying in idle up. I have not flown the heli until the noticeable power drop. I was thinking about upping my timer to 3.5 minutes. Again this is using the hyperions. I don't use the stock lipos anymore.
im using the hyperions to with the C05 8t pinion but I havnt calculated the head speed yet, but by ear it sounds low, but I do get 3 minutes of hard flying 100% throttle, + 1 minute puttin around, at 90 % could use more headspeed imo.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:38 PM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
I have ordered a 8 and a 9 - what head speed are you getting on 8t about 5k ?

I think with a CO5 you are likely to be getting 5700 with a 9t buster - I felt it was probably a bit high for my liking so I ordered a 8 in as well.

Regards David
5700? screw it im staying with the 8t for now. until I get better at collective management lol
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:41 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
5700? screw it im staying with the 8t for now. until I get better at collective management lol
This what I use to guesstimate HS Dave - difficulty is knowing the motors efficiency

http://dhrc.rchomepage.com/calcAdvanced.htm

Regards David
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:43 PM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
ill try and post my hp03s video where it was bogging like crazy and you can tell I was fighting tail blowout aswell. I dont have that issues with the C05 8t pinion thus far.

are you going to try the 9t stock pinion david?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:47 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
ill try and post my hp03s video where it was bogging like crazy and you can tell I was fighting tail blowout aswell. I dont have that issues with the C05 8t pinion thus far.

are you going to try the 9t stock pinion david?
No I see no point in having to take a pinion off a good motor when I can buy one in - I am running 2 Genii lol one brushed one brushless so the motor will always come in.

Regards David
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:50 PM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
I just got between 5400-5450 0 pitch 100% tc with hyp 240 8t pin on my warner tach.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:51 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Are you trying to tame it down some for indoor flying? I really love how it handles when i fly it outside. I can usually keep it within a 20-25ft circle while doing my style of 3d. I can't do anything special but i have fun at it. I wish i would have tried the stock brushed motor with the hyperions. That may be all i need for an indoor heli.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:52 PM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
No I see no point in having to take a pinion off a good motor when I can buy one in - I am running 2 Genii lol one brushed one brushless so the motor will always come in.

Regards David
I agree with you on that