Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:21 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado099 View Post
I'm asking this because after upgrading to brushless, my Genius is not able
anymore to fly 6 axis mode. It shakes like crazy, while in 3 axis is perfect !
I have tried to bring the gyro gain down, but nothing helps.
I suspect vibrations, but don't know where.

Motor is Turbo Ace 81016 (10300KV) blu one
ESC is HP05EA (Flea Clone, used before for 4#3B Tail 3g brushless HP03T)
Pinion is STOCK (9T 0.5 Mod) pulled from an original brushed motor and drilled for
1,5 mm shaft.

Thanks
if you hold the heli in your hand do you feel a vibe?
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2011, 03:08 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
Dave, have you tried your tail blade while using the kdbb main blades? Do you have those to see how that combo works out? I have been wanting to get a set of the kdbb main blades in white so i can see the rotor disk in flight. But have no idea how the genius flies with them. I like how the heli does my style of 3d which is really nothing more than basic flips, rolls, and loops. With alot of inverted hovering. I really need to work on other stuff like more inverted forward and backwards figure 8's and alot of basic orientation stuff but i just have so much fun just tossing it around. I just don't like the black stock blades.
hey terry I just mailed the modded tail blade for you so you should recieve it before the weekend

let me know how it works out for you

dave
Old Nov 07, 2011, 03:35 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Thanks alot Dave. Can't wait to try it. Does anyone know the exact diameter of the main shaft? I just put in my last new spare main shaft and with only 2 flights and no crashes the main shaft is cracked already. I like how walkera decided to try the cf for the main shaft on this heli but what's the point if they are soo weak at the point where the head connects to the shaft with those two little screws. I keep seeing them crack or break right where they drilled the hole through the shaft. I am to the point that i wish someone made a metal main shaft for it. I don't mind breaking something when i crash but for the main shaft to crack while in flight that is a problem. I can tell exactly when it cracks because it causes a wobble in forward flight. As soon as it got the wobble on the second flight i landed and took the head off to inspect the new shaft and sure enough it was cracked. It was not cracked when i put it in the heli.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Nov 07, 2011, 05:39 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Hi Tony,

Yeah I have a few RCP tracks as well. I got to know John Billig the owner and inventor of RCP tracks quite a few years ago. I've worked with him setting up his exhibits at RCX shows in the past.

Mini-Z's are a lot of fun.

Regards,
John
A fun thing to do on a mini-z track is to fly a helicopter on it. Fly about 3-4 inch above the track and follow it. Sure shapens your helicopter skill. Did it with 4#3B up to about 1/3 mini-z speed. The steep tight banked turns were fun. Soft track usually don't damage the helicopter.
benmlee is offline Find More Posts by benmlee
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:38 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
Thanks alot Dave. Can't wait to try it. Does anyone know the exact diameter of the main shaft? I just put in my last new spare main shaft and with only 2 flights and no crashes the main shaft is cracked already. I like how walkera decided to try the cf for the main shaft on this heli but what's the point if they are soo weak at the point where the head connects to the shaft with those two little screws. I keep seeing them crack or break right where they drilled the hole through the shaft. I am to the point that i wish someone made a metal main shaft for it. I don't mind breaking something when i crash but for the main shaft to crack while in flight that is a problem. I can tell exactly when it cracks because it causes a wobble in forward flight. As soon as it got the wobble on the second flight i landed and took the head off to inspect the new shaft and sure enough it was cracked. It was not cracked when i put it in the heli.
I think the main shaft is strong enough for the brush motor but not for brushless motor. My main shaft still holding stable without crack with brush motor. I use a ruler to masure the shaft it 2.5mm diameter.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:22 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
I think the main shaft is strong enough for the brush motor but not for brushless motor. My main shaft still holding stable without crack with brush motor. I use a ruler to masure the shaft it 2.5mm diameter.
I put a dap of very thin Ca on every hole and every exposed cut on all my carbon shafts 20 minutes before I assemble them, keeps them from cracking. since then no issues with my main shafts, im running the hp05
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:34 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
I put a dap of very thin Ca on every hole and every exposed cut on all my carbon shafts 20 minutes before I assemble them, keeps them from cracking. since then no issues with my main shafts, im running the hp05
Good idea do you have to sand it flat after it cure? As you have to slight it through the head set..
Last edited by OnceAFly; Nov 08, 2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:47 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
if you hold the heli in your hand do you feel a vibe?
Thanks, I will try.
dado099 is offline Find More Posts by dado099
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:03 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
Good idea do you have to sand it flat after it cure? As you have to slight it through the head set..
no you shouldnt have to, just use very thin CA glue and it should just soak into the carbon fiber.

use a small needle dip the tip into the CA glue then use the needle to apply it on the bare exposed cuts and holes, I use a dipped needle to apply the glue so you wont over do it and make a mess with the thin CA glue. dont use kicker on the glue or it will get hot and melt the CF resin making it weaker,

just a tiny dab is all thats needed

another thing that can help in the future if you replace your main shaft with a new one is to ream the holes out a little bit because the hole is smaller then the screw it splits the carbon down the middle if you dont ream it out before you screw it in, but dont ream the plastic hole on the main rotor where the screw goes into the main shaft that plastic hole is what holds the screw from backing out.

(becareful reaming the hole cause you can split it while reaming it aswell)

hope this helps

best regards

dave
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Nov 08, 2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:45 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I think i rather trim the screw diameter a little then ream the shaft, it easier this way due to a cf shaft can easy crack lol that what i think...i may be wrong anyway thanks for sharing dave cheers!

And Merry X-mas as you always said lol
Old Nov 08, 2011, 12:51 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up! I think i rather trim the screw diameter a little then ream the shaft, it easier this way due to a cf shaft can easy crack lol that what i think...i may be wrong anyway thanks for sharing dave cheers!

no problem

just buy a tiny drill bit its not that tough to ream out.

btw

happy new year

dave
Old Nov 08, 2011, 12:57 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:

Those tiny screws have to be a tight fit in the rotor head. If you reduce the screw diameter, you run the risk of them flying out of the head. IMO, stick with reaming the CF shaft.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:21 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Those tiny screws have to be a tight fit in the rotor head. If you reduce the screw diameter, you run the risk of them flying out of the head. IMO, stick with reaming the CF shaft.
now that you mention that dk I was wondering how he would reduce the screw diameter anyway? lol

maybe I confused him with my long boring post

merry x-mass

dave lol
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:35 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
I took one of the ones i had that had split up the middle and was able to put some CA on it and it works like new. I need to pick up a small drill bit to ream the holes on any new ones i get. Do you happen to know the size i need? I was even thinking about using a small piece of metal to run through the head instead of the screws. Kinda like how walkera had the main gears held on the main shafts of the older micro helis. I believe the 4g3 was made like that.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:46 PM
Joined Aug 2010
4 Posts
Hi Dave I'm interested in your TB mod but your video does not exist anymore. Can you re-up please?

Thx
manux88 is offline Find More Posts by manux88