HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:04 PM
theroo
Joined Oct 2004
24 Posts
genuis cp

http://oddcopter.com/wp-content/uplo...P-7A-front.jpg here is a pic of where the white wire is on the board it is on the top corner of the board in the pic
theroo is offline Find More Posts by theroo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroo View Post
http://oddcopter.com/wp-content/uplo...P-7A-front.jpg here is a pic of where the white wire is on the board it is on the top corner of the board in the pic
well, that is the correct spot....i am at a loss as to why it isn't working....make sure the motor isn't rubbing on the corner of the rcvr (it happens) also make sure the pinion isn't too tight on the main gear. Other than that....it should be working.

Oh yeah, try wiring the motor directly to the esc.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:17 PM
theroo
Joined Oct 2004
24 Posts
genius

the motor is not rubing on any thing and the motor is hard wired to the esc and the gear is loose. i am begaing to think the esc is defective. what i have also tried is hooking the esc to a seperate receiver not going through the heli reciver and the motor starts up and runs with no problums. but maybe that the brusless converter part in the esc is not working. hay thanks for all your help. i guess that i will go buy some more brushled motors and fly. the brushled motors last about 25 or 30 flights and the brushes in the motor burn up. will let you know if i get it to working thanks again tom
Last edited by theroo; Dec 27, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:47 PM
theroo
Joined Oct 2004
24 Posts
has anybody out there with a genuis cp used the xp-7a esc flashed to the 9.3 hex file had any trouble with getting the motor a c05 to work correctly.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,231 Posts
Quote:
has anybody out there with a genuis cp used the xp-7a esc flashed to the 9.3 hex file had any trouble with getting the motor a c05 to work correctly.
i have an extra one of these http://www.overskyrc.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=111if you want it, for 20.00 + shipping. it's brand new (i paid full price)
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:41 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
I use the WK-WST-10A-LT works great.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-43b-z-3...g3-z-43-1.aspx
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:33 PM
theroo
Joined Oct 2004
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
I use the WK-WST-10A-LT works great.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-43b-z-3...g3-z-43-1.aspx
does the wk-wst-10a-lt work with the co5 motor ?. i have read some place tha t it wont work with a out runner motor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
does the wk-wst-10a-lt work with the co5 motor ?. i have read some place tha t it wont work with a out runner motor
Works great with c05. I'm also using it with hp05.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:13 PM
theroo
Joined Oct 2004
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j35u5fr34k View Post
Works great with c05. I'm also using it with hp05.
thanks i am goinging to order one today
Old Apr 08, 2013, 09:56 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
C)% KV11500 vs KV13000

I converted my Genius V2 using XP7a ESC and converter assembly and it runs a C05M/ADH50 Outrunner Brush-less Motor KV11500. Getting the 7mm tail brushed motor to work without blow outs took some set up transmitter tricks and testing 4 different tail blades (V922, Genius V1, Mini CP, and settled on the MCPX). My throttle can't go over 93% and I am at 75% pitch. I think its a voltage amp supply problem using 250 mah 20 C batteries. Still the little Heli will run circles around the brushed version and can flip and do loops way better. I have a brushed V1 version and I know I am going to make another conversion. I like being able to run the 250 MAH batteries, so the heli is light and I still get 4 minutes of flight time. Instead of the same C05 KV11500, I am thinking about making this one different by using C05M/ADH50 Outrunner Brushless Motor KV13000. How would this compare to the KV11500. Would this give me better power, and then suck more juice? If I take the tape off my 350 mah batteries I can barely get the batteries in place without rubbing the main gear, hence I might avoid power hungry motors.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:05 AM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
1,020 Posts
Bob, what pinion are you running? I'm using an 8T & Genius main with my Minius & C05M; REALLY made it a different machine. I'd think you prolly want to go down even lower; a 7T or a 6T (Do we have a line on a vendor stocking a 6T in .05 Mod?) with that hot KV13000.

Of course, I'm still a novice CCPM pilot & mostly sport flyer anyways, but I love building 'em.

The Minius conversion added about 8grams for me with my Walkera Dual BL ESC cut in half and plug-in connections and battery connector lengthened out to the rear skid upright and Walkera 350mAH batteries. The Mini skids handle the 350mAH packs easily; they're made for it.

I'm pretty sure you could shave at least 3 grams, maybe 4 by soldering everything and not lengthening the battery lead, maybe more; and another 2 or 4 by going with a XP3A ESC and double or triple-stacked FETs.

What you get back for your effort is what, as an engineer, I feel the Genius should have been from git-go; much more precise, a rigid chassis and much less energy wasted due to gears constantly meshing improperly due to that horrible limp noodle chassis allowing the motor to flex the frame all over the place.

With motors that hot, I think you can prolly handle the extra weight anyhow... be like a flea on the back of a greyhound.

Of course, that's just one dwagon's opinion.

mnem
WHIZZZ-PINNNNNNG!
mnemennth is offline Find More Posts by mnemennth
Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:36 AM
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Yes, my blow out problem completely cured when I put on the brushed tail motor for MPCX/FP100/V922. I still have to be careful and cut my pitch down to 60-65%, and throttle to 93% as I will get brownouts when I punch it. I am going to convert another one of my Genius over to brush-less ass soon as I burn up my spare motors, and parts. I will be planning to try and keep it as light as I can. The big white gear you can get is really sturdy and worth the weight, moves the motor forward, maybe makes frame more rigid. I am using 9 tooth, maybe I should go down a tooth or two for more power. Brushed motors, gears, add up quick and the Genius needed more power anyway. Huge difference in performance. I doubt those early marketing Genius Walkera videos used stock motors and batteries.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 09:11 AM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
1,020 Posts
Bob -

The 9T pinion is just TOO TALL, even for the stock setup. WOW Hobbies were the first vendor to take that on; they started shipping the Mini CPs ALL with an 8T pinion. Most of my cohorts on the HeliFreak Genius threads agree that the Genius REALLY needs a conservative pitch curve; watching it bob up & down like a demented yo-yo is kindof exciting in a visceral sense, but the soft plastic chassis just can't handle the torque loading of an aggressive pitch curve. If you thin out your pitch curve and keep your headspeed up, it will STILL fly like a psychotic hummingbird, but your motors won't overheat and burn up and your batteries will love you for it.

DEFINITELY go down to at least an 8T pinion with the BL; it makes a night/day difference in both my stock Genius & my Minius. If you know how to remove the 0820SR motor from the Genius aluminum motor mount, (The motor is just held in by silicone sealant), you can try a cheap experiment:

Go get a replacement stock motor for Axe 100 CP (It's a Genius/Mini CP clone) from your LHS; they list for $8:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCRXA&P=7

and have an 8T pinion already installed. Install it in the GCP aluminum motor mount with some fresh silicone; you have to slide it up a wee bit to get the pinion to line up with the GCP main gear.

I found it had more torque than my C05M brushless with a 9T pinion, AND got me almost a whole minute of extra runtime over the stock motor with no changes in my setup whatsoever.

If your C05 motor has 1.5mm shaft like mine, you can get the 8T pinon from TopCopter on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8T-pinion-ge...item3f1dbee0a9

He combines shipping, so I recommend getting 2 0r 3 at a time.

Hope that helps,

mnem
More power! Waugh! Waugh! Waugh!
mnemennth is offline Find More Posts by mnemennth
Old Apr 18, 2013, 01:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
"Genius REALLY needs a conservative pitch curve; watching it bob up & down like a demented yo-yo is kindof exciting in a visceral sense, but the soft plastic chassis just can't handle the torque loading of an aggressive pitch curve. If you thin out your pitch curve and keep your headspeed up, it will STILL fly like a psychotic hummingbird, but your motors won't overheat and burn up and your batteries will love you for it."

thats so funny but true. Will have to try that for my brushed
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:34 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,248 Posts
Yea, I finally got tired of playing with all the brushless and just got the mini motor for mine sense I changed the frame to the mini. It brought the little guy back to life.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member