HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
United States, NJ, Evesham Township
Joined Oct 2011
201 Posts
Bob,

Thanks. I ran into bobepine's thread on building a tray and all the rest. My helipad is laying in the grass, and not level at all. Probably not the best for gyro initialization. However it's not an issue in 3-axis. I'll look at the RX position and try on a level surface.
Dave O is offline Find More Posts by Dave O
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:14 AM
United States, NJ, Evesham Township
Joined Oct 2011
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
As you don't seem to want to even read about it. Most of use only did it for the challenge of getting it to work right... Then yes stick with the 3 axis as you seem able to fly it as is..
No, I did some reading, I just didn't know what to search for. Thanks for the link.
Dave O is offline Find More Posts by Dave O
Old May 16, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,225 Posts
For Sale

My Brushless Genius CP with no slop head mod.

it has a new c05 and new servos, it flies great.
why am i selling it?
i purchased a devo10 and i'm switching everything over to it.
i already have a 500, 450 (getting new rcvrs for em), V120D02s, and miniCP.
Can't see myself paying 70.00 for a devo rcvr for the Genius.

asking 175.00 that includes the 2801pro a few spares and 3 hyperion batteries with micro deans already soldered on. pm me for serious inquiries only.

SOLD
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Last edited by pmerritt; Jun 02, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Can the Genius cp with a C05 tick toc?? Or do I need an hp05?
FoamAddict is offline Find More Posts by FoamAddict
Old May 22, 2012, 03:26 PM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Orange servo question

I have modified one of my GCPs to a mini using the mech dog leg mod, as playing with small servos is not my thing. I have 3 orange 282A servos that couldn't be used on the GCP without being modified.
Question: Could the 282A be used for the pitch servo when doing the GCP to MiniGCP mod? Two wrongs = right sort of thing.
Will still need to change the connector leads on the servo but won't have to go inside of it. I can't remember which ones to change and don't want to fry anything.

Thanks,
RD

Update:
(Swapped orange and brown) Electricly it worked fine, it just will not fit in a Mini CP frame. The mech mod works fine just wanted to find a use for the 282As.
rldeveer is offline Find More Posts by rldeveer
Last edited by rldeveer; May 23, 2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:23 AM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoamAddict View Post
Can the Genius cp with a C05 tick toc?? Or do I need an hp05?
I'm a novice at 3d, but if the tick tock is wide enough (like a short rainbow), you can do several without too much bogging. If you try really rapid tight (near vertical) tick tocks, the motor will bog down and you have to recover after only a few cycles.
paul2pilot is offline Find More Posts by paul2pilot
Old May 27, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
After doing the c05 upgrade I have a bounce (up & down) in the tail. Sometimes I get a small fast wag. I turned the gyro down a little, lowered my pitch and head speed. I also have an extended boom installed to try to help with the blow out on pitch pumps, but it doesnt do much . Im finding I cant fly with the canopy on because it goes crazy. It will do it without the canopy sometimes too.
What should the max pitch, gyro & throttle be with the c05 set-up (don't know if there is a universal sweet spot to help some of the issues)? Also why would the tail bounce? It flies great when it flies correctly, but when you plug in the battery, you never know what youre gonna get until youre in the air
RM3Studios is offline Find More Posts by RM3Studios
Old May 27, 2012, 04:09 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM3Studios View Post
After doing the c05 upgrade I have a bounce (up & down) in the tail. Sometimes I get a small fast wag. I turned the gyro down a little, lowered my pitch and head speed. I also have an extended boom installed to try to help with the blow out on pitch pumps, but it doesnt do much . Im finding I cant fly with the canopy on because it goes crazy. It will do it without the canopy sometimes too.
What should the max pitch, gyro & throttle be with the c05 set-up (don't know if there is a universal sweet spot to help some of the issues)? Also why would the tail bounce? It flies great when it flies correctly, but when you plug in the battery, you never know what youre gonna get until youre in the air
check the front elevator servo and make sure its not stripped...if there is a gear inside with a tooth missing it will cause the servo to jump which could be whats causing the tail to bob up and down...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
hello im new to this. managed to break my landing gear in a matter of 10 minutes on my genius. does anybody know of different skids i can use. attach with double sides tape.
ginoroberti is offline Find More Posts by ginoroberti
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
Hot glue works well if you want to just glue the existing skids back on place.
paul2pilot is offline Find More Posts by paul2pilot
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:44 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoroberti View Post
hello im new to this. managed to break my landing gear in a matter of 10 minutes on my genius. does anybody know of different skids i can use. attach with double sides tape.
I just buy a new frame & use the mod below, just on the front skids though. Seems to hold up pretty well.
http://benmlee.com/Genius_Landing_Gear.htm
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:54 PM
Grenoble, France
Joined Jan 2010
44 Posts
Hello,

This frame mod looks good, my own version of it is to use some CB100 landing gears maintained with heat shrink tube.
Newbheli is offline Find More Posts by Newbheli
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Hey Chris before you go drilling holes in your skids check out my glueless version of rldeever's mod.

It is really simple to do and all I used was spare genius cp parts, i'm not a big fan of using glue on plastic. plus I wanted to be able to take it off and put it on to another heli if I had to with ease.

Glad he came up with this mod, other wise I wouldnt even thought about it doing it.

Thanks again rldeever

Bestest Regards

Dave
Good mod, looks good and functional. Lucky I had the stuff laying around.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:38 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,229 Posts
Wow took mine out today for the first time in six months. With the nice weather I have been too busy flying my 500's and crashing my 450. Went to plug in the battery and finally my power wires broke.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
hi are you selling the rx for your mini genuis cp devo7 i will buy your rx for the heli if itworkingyou can reach me at 7189287187 thank you somuch
randyrogerslife3 is offline Find More Posts by randyrogerslife3