HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2011, 07:12 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Say Rafa did you get a big heli how is it going?
Hi vronny,

The guys at the field still call it a 'small' heli, but I've really enjoyed my Rave 450. It hasn't seen much use lately, as it's harder to break away and drive to the flying field across town when there is a 7 week old baby in the house. The vacant lot around the corner from me is getting developed, so I'm losing that flying site too.

It's really a different type of flying for me with that thing. It's amazing how it just sits there in the air, not requiring the constant maintenance of the micros. Yes, my Genius is stable, but not like that.

The Genius and the M120D01 have been getting the most action lately, as I can just walk out of the house and fly them in either the front or back yard. That said, my Genius has been out of commission for a little while, waiting for a main frame. The shipping box with my replacement frame got stolen off my front door step, then returned by a neighbor a week later who saw it fly out of a moving car.

I just got it back together yesterday, just zip-tie modded the front LG. Are you guys reinforcing all 4 LGs, or just the fronts? Seems like it was just the fronts that took a beating on my original frame, right at that little weak point. Thanks,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:01 AM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
Hey guys, my tail motor was working when it wanted to. I figured it was a loose wire somewhere, so I took the rubber cap off and the actual motor cap (with the wires on it) just fell off the can. Is it toast or is there a fix for that? I'm not used to these brushed motors at all.
RM3Studios is offline Find More Posts by RM3Studios
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:10 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69 View Post
Nice track. Reminds me of the days when I raced one-tenth scale indoors on carpet. We also had an outdoor dirt track. Lots of fun.
I have a Savage Flux HP and a BL Erevo for bashing but we have alot more fun on the Mini-z track. We mostly race in the winter. Not as much fun to fly here in NY once snow flies. We all fly helis too.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2011, 08:32 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
That's awesome. If only I had more horizontal space . ....

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Love Mini-z's. Been racing a few years now. Here is my track->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrMjq8cuOI
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:12 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Love Mini-z's. Been racing a few years now. Here is my track->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrMjq8cuOI
Hi Tony,

Yeah I have a few RCP tracks as well. I got to know John Billig the owner and inventor of RCP tracks quite a few years ago. I've worked with him setting up his exhibits at RCX shows in the past.

Mini-Z's are a lot of fun.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Last edited by 1Hammer; Nov 06, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:34 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Dave, have you tried your tail blade while using the kdbb main blades? Do you have those to see how that combo works out? I have been wanting to get a set of the kdbb main blades in white so i can see the rotor disk in flight. But have no idea how the genius flies with them. I like how the heli does my style of 3d which is really nothing more than basic flips, rolls, and loops. With alot of inverted hovering. I really need to work on other stuff like more inverted forward and backwards figure 8's and alot of basic orientation stuff but i just have so much fun just tossing it around. I just don't like the black stock blades.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:35 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Waa..Look fun to me how much for a set of mini-z with remote that can drift? I want one
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:17 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
Dave, have you tried your tail blade while using the kdbb main blades? Do you have those to see how that combo works out? I have been wanting to get a set of the kdbb main blades in white so i can see the rotor disk in flight. But have no idea how the genius flies with them. I like how the heli does my style of 3d which is really nothing more than basic flips, rolls, and loops. With alot of inverted hovering. I really need to work on other stuff like more inverted forward and backwards figure 8's and alot of basic orientation stuff but i just have so much fun just tossing it around. I just don't like the black stock blades.
hey bud alot of people like the kdbb blades on their genius I have not tried them yet it all depends of how much they wiegh. if they wiegh more then the stock blades that will cause more torque for the tail to counter and cause more blow outs, you can always extend the tail boom if thats the case.

I dont fly my heli far enough away that causes issues with visability, I guess you can always try painting the bottom tips of your blades and rebalance them to for visual lol

some where in this thread kdbb is mentioned by someone but I forgot who lol

best regards

dave
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Nov 07, 2011, 05:24 AM
Gaui X2 & Protos Mini FBL
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
698 Posts
f.a.r.m.e.r,

Do you have any picture of your heli with the HK servos? Do they fit without any modification?
Picofly is offline Find More Posts by Picofly
Old Nov 07, 2011, 05:31 AM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM3Studios View Post
Hey guys, my tail motor was working when it wanted to. I figured it was a loose wire somewhere, so I took the rubber cap off and the actual motor cap (with the wires on it) just fell off the can. Is it toast or is there a fix for that? I'm not used to these brushed motors at all.
Anyone?
RM3Studios is offline Find More Posts by RM3Studios
Old Nov 07, 2011, 06:26 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM3Studios View Post
Anyone?
Get a new one!
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Nov 07, 2011, 07:39 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Once you open the cap that it! I know it the wire that cause the problem even you manage to replace the wire but you just can't fit it back the cap without the risk of bending the little copper fin contact which is running the current...It better off to get a new motor.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 07, 2011, 09:51 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,071 Posts
I would just get a new motor. I removed the cap and used a dab of gorilla glue. it expands and protects the wires better than the cap. plus i think the cap goes too far on and holds in heat.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:05 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
Anybody got issues with Brushless in 6 axis mode ?

I'm asking this because after upgrading to brushless, my Genius is not able
anymore to fly 6 axis mode. It shakes like crazy, while in 3 axis is perfect !
I have tried to bring the gyro gain down, but nothing helps.
I suspect vibrations, but don't know where.

Motor is Turbo Ace 81016 (10300KV) blu one
ESC is HP05EA (Flea Clone, used before for 4#3B Tail 3g brushless HP03T)
Pinion is STOCK (9T 0.5 Mod) pulled from an original brushed motor and drilled for
1,5 mm shaft.

Thanks
dado099 is offline Find More Posts by dado099
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:03 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly View Post
f.a.r.m.e.r,

Do you have any picture of your heli with the HK servos? Do they fit without any modification?
hey picofly yes you need to modify the frame for hk's to fit and you have to swap the red and black wires on the mini pin.

I have since switched to blubird servos..
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Nov 07, 2011 at 01:13 PM.