HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Jan 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
scrat, thank you for posting your test results. Couple questions. Do you get any cogging with the c05 w/ the 8t? I am running it with a 9t (I think hs is too high) and sometimes I have to give the blades a spin by hand to start it spinning. Mesh is good so I don't think that's it. When I oil the bearings that helps a little.

Could you post a picture of your c05 setup? I'm curious how you got the weight so low. Probably I'm using too much hot glue...I blame Bob for getting me addicted to the stuff.
No cogging that I can tell... starts right up every time. I wasn't really trying to get the weight low, but I soldered the motor directly to the esc, and I took off the thick heat shrink from the esc and just used packing tape for insulation. It would have weighed even less if I'd had a smaller tie wrap, haha.

Mark
scrat111 is offline Find More Posts by scrat111
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:29 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
i installed a bigger 7mm tail motor, different rotor blade with more pitch and the damn tail still won't hold. on top of that i have a program mix with 12% added to left rudder, it's ridiculous.. this heli doesn't make a great indoor hoverer which is what i want it for. basically hold left rudder 24/7 while hovering i hate helicopters with two motors
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:37 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
i installed a bigger 7mm tail motor, different rotor blade with more pitch and the damn tail still won't hold. on top of that i have a program mix with 12% added to left rudder, it's ridiculous.. this heli doesn't make a great indoor hoverer which is what i want it for. basically hold left rudder 24/7 while hovering i hate helicopters with two motors
Hey scub, when you say it won't hold the tail are you talking about tail blow outs during pitch pumps and flips, or are you talking about the ccw tail drift? I think a 7mm will only help for blow outs, not for the ccw tail drift.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:59 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Hey scub, when you say it won't hold the tail are you talking about tail blow outs during pitch pumps and flips, or are you talking about the ccw tail drift? I think a 7mm will only help for blow outs, not for the ccw tail drift.
i thought it would help tail drift a little but had absolutely no effect. it gets much worse as voltage starts to drop below 3.85.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:06 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
i thought it would help tail drift a little but had absolutely no effect. it gets much worse as voltage starts to drop below 3.85.
Yeah, I think it's something wrong in the rx (e.g. cheap rudder gyro, bad firmware code). If you haven't already you can read about available workarounds here http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=368255.

Dkfuji said it is NOT present in the new mini cp http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=201

Alishanmao said he would test his sample to see if it has it. I also asked Finless to check once he gets his sample from Walkera.

None of this really helps with the genius though
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:49 AM
United States, MI, East Lansing
Joined Mar 2008
63 Posts
Will be good to get verification of no tail drift on Mini CP from different sources. For mine, putting the V3 mcpx tail on got rid of it for awhile, then it came back.

Besides that though, the tail HOLD is tremendous. Got to let mine breath outside today and was doing full speed backwards hurricanes with just a light 4mph wind and it was just rock steady. Turned them into nose down/skids in funnels and same thing. Just amazing. Add to that after 100 flights the tail boom doesn't fit so snug so it's got play in it and I slid it back a few mm.
airbasher is offline Find More Posts by airbasher
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:10 AM
United States, AZ, Surprise
Joined Mar 2007
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
I'm using a 9t pinion. The 1st one was a 1mm c05 from wow hobbies and this one is the 1.5mm from hobbyking. Both have worked for me with no cogging.
Where did you get a 8t 1.5mm pinion? Does it hold up...not much wall thickness at the spec is there?

Arthur

Edit: I see Dylan has them. I thought I looked there.
Arthure is offline Find More Posts by Arthure
Last edited by Arthure; Jan 16, 2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:46 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
225 Posts
Hello, I have the c05 with zippy 400mah 20c soldered walkera ESC.
My problem is that when I try a fast flip back, tail starts spinning, loosing control.
Tail motor and blades are stock.
Do you think that walkera double brushless upgrade (obviously only tail) can fix the above situation ?
Thanks
dado099 is offline Find More Posts by dado099
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Just finished setting up my 2801 pro for both of my Geniuses but need to check my blade pitch.

My 450 pitch gauge is far too large for the Genius.

How are you Guys checking the blade pitch? Is there something available that screws into the rotor head so that I can fit a flybar for checking against?
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:18 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Just finished setting up my 2801 pro for both of my Geniuses but need to check my blade pitch.

My 450 pitch gauge is far too large for the Genius.

How are you Guys checking the blade pitch? Is there something available that screws into the rotor head so that I can fit a flybar for checking against?
I used the fold the blades both back over the boom and look at them way.. I guess you could even do it this way.. Just measure the spread of the blades and figure it out for sure.

Blade length = 105 mm
1 ° 3.7 mm
2 ° 7.3 mm
3 ° 11 mm
4 ° 14.6 mm
5 ° 18.2 mm
6 ° 21.8 mm
7 ° 25.4 mm
8 ° 28.9 mm
9 ° 32.4 mm
10 ° 35.9 mm
11 ° 39.3 mm
12 ° 42.7 mm
13 ° 46 mm
14 ° 49.3 mm
15 ° 52.5 mm
l = mm

http://www.icer.ch/cms/Unternehmen/f...erechnung.html
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Jan 16, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I used the fold the blades both back over the boom and look at them way.. I guess you could even do it this way and figure it out for sure.

i actially have a similar app on my android phone and it actually works extremely well for setting up blade pitch...even on a micro such as the genius.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Oct 2010
54 Posts
Hola.
Aquí les dejo un vídeo de el genius_CP con motor blade_mcpX y nanotech 300mha 35C.

F.a.r.m.e.r.... ¿Como estás amigo?... ¿Todo bien?...

Saludos.

Todos los dias sale el sol txipiron (4 min 50 sec)
txipicopter is offline Find More Posts by txipicopter
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I used the fold the blades both back over the boom and look at them way.. I guess you could even do it this way.. Just measure the spread of the blades and figure it out for sure.

Blade length = 105 mm
1 ° 3.7 mm
2 ° 7.3 mm
3 ° 11 mm
4 ° 14.6 mm
5 ° 18.2 mm
6 ° 21.8 mm
7 ° 25.4 mm
8 ° 28.9 mm
9 ° 32.4 mm
10 ° 35.9 mm
11 ° 39.3 mm
12 ° 42.7 mm
13 ° 46 mm
14 ° 49.3 mm
15 ° 52.5 mm
l = mm

Nice find.

I presume the h parameter means the distance between both blades folded over each other at the widest point?
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,284 Posts
RC-Heli Pitch is the program on the Android market that does this. Works really well...if you have an android phone you definitely should give it a try.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:03 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Nice find.

I presume the h parameter means the distance between both blades folded over each other at the widest point?

Yes you just measure the distance between the blades at the tips look at the chart and you have the pitch..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob