SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:01 AM
WARNING Do not feed the SCWID
Australia, QLD, Biloela
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
reading this thread... i reckon i will rebuild and mod my genius 126 times before i ever fly* it

(* refers loosely to crash)
SCWIDVICIOUS is offline Find More Posts by SCWIDVICIOUS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:22 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
some pinions and motors

Random advice. Chinesejade pinions are a little tall so be careful not to push them too far on the shaft or they'll rub against the air frame. I think the one below just barely clears it. Currently grounded waiting for feathering shaft set.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Jun 2008
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Currently grounded waiting for feathering shaft set.
I've revived my feathering shafts a few times by rebending them using the hole in an hk250 mainshaft. Pop it in the hole and take that bend out..it's a lot easier than it sounds just check the tracking afterwards. It's worth a go , of course if it's broken you've had it!
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWIDVICIOUS View Post
reading this thread... i reckon i will rebuild and mod my genius 126 times before i ever fly* it

(* refers loosely to crash)
I broke mine day 1, I am waiting for parts although.. to be fair, it was a defective motor that lead to it breaking and falling out of the sky several times.
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:07 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend View Post
I've revived my feathering shafts a few times by rebending them using the hole in an hk250 mainshaft. Pop it in the hole and take that bend out..it's a lot easier than it sounds just check the tracking afterwards. It's worth a go , of course if it's broken you've had it!
I think the feathering shaft is fine, but suspect my orings are shot. I haven't seen an alternative source for o-rings posted so I just purchased the entire feathering shaft set just to get those cheap little o-rings.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:12 PM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
994 Posts
I have a Genius and recently the connection from the battery to where the neg and pos wires connects to the board is come loose and I only now get a red light intermittently while moving the wires from the board. I think I should rewire the board, could someone please direct me in the thread to where this info is or if you would like to go over it again I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Thanks
Ray
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:07 PM
Certified Heli Addict
Joined Apr 2011
994 Posts
Just answered my own question
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
WARNING Do not feed the SCWID
Australia, QLD, Biloela
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortionist View Post
I broke mine day 1, I am waiting for parts although.. to be fair, it was a defective motor that lead to it breaking and falling out of the sky several times.

yes, very fair.. lol

I did actually have a defective coaxial... looked cool when the smoke started pouring from the electric heli though.... almost had enough time to make a EeeEEeeEEEeEe noise before it tried to dent the floor in several places
SCWIDVICIOUS is offline Find More Posts by SCWIDVICIOUS
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:26 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Here's a few upgrades I've done with some stock vs upgrade weight comparisons.
Thanks for the good information. Who makes that 7mm tail motor holder?
benmlee is offline Find More Posts by benmlee
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:15 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
Thanks for the good information. Who makes that 7mm tail motor holder?
It's made by HKRC for the mcpx. I got the 7mm tail motor and holder combo from ebay (search "7mm tail motor"). I had to dremel down the tip of the tail boom to a roundish shape to get it to fit.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:57 PM
Certified Heli Addict
Joined Apr 2011
994 Posts
When soldering deans connectors which is the post that sticks out neg or pos?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
It doesn't matter as long as you ensure you polarise the RX micro Deans correctly with the Lipo Micro Deans.

If I shared my Lipos with other fliers it might be a different kettle of fish, but as I don't it matters not.

I do all my Lipo Micro Deans with the prong as +, and obviously connect the RX positive wire to the Female recessed terminal.

If that didn't make sense I apologise, and will post images later on to better illustrate.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:12 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
On the battery I always do the red as female and the black as male.. other way on the heli..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
On the battery I always do the red as female and the black as male.. other way on the heli..
It's a good job we're not sharing each others lipos, Bob... http://www.youtube.com/watch?desktop...-qs4Emps&gl=US
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:23 AM
Certified Heli Addict
Joined Apr 2011
994 Posts
Thanks for the answers concerning the micro deans guys much appreciated. Now another, I must remove the board from the heli and was wondering if there is any procedure to follow or what to look out for, tips etc...it seems stuck real good and I don't want to break anything.

Thanks
Ray