HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:56 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,064 Posts
Does the um-micro-connector on this batteries fit the stock GCP plug?

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...or-p-5438.html
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:18 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Does the um-micro-connector on this batteries fit the stock GCP plug?

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...or-p-5438.html
No,, you really should buy the bare cells and wire them up yourself using micro deans connectors..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
No,, you really should buy the bare cells and wire them up yourself using micro deans connectors..
Thanks I'll place a order for the bare cells. Gave my Son a MSR I had laying around for XMAS and he has already mastered it and wanting to go 6 channel. I grew him up in RC on planes & cars & after the MSR he said now I know why you like Helicopters so much. He got me beat big time on orientation and I don't see it taking him very long to fly some good 3D. Ordered him a Devo 8 & GCP should be here tomorrow and get him some of these hyperions for more power.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
anyone have the Walkera brushless conversion yet?
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:53 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
Broken motor wire

I was in a hurry to solder the wire back & didn't pay attention to where the red & black wires go on the board. Would somebody help me out?

Thanks.

the soldering iron is hot & ready.
dgibbons is offline Find More Posts by dgibbons
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:58 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jul 2011
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgibbons View Post
I was in a hurry to solder the wire back & didn't pay attention to where the red & black wires go on the board. Would somebody help me out?

Thanks.

the soldering iron is hot & ready.
post 1592. I knew I saw it somewhere.
dgibbons is offline Find More Posts by dgibbons
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
No me explico porque, pero esto es la tercera vez que el hace esto, que yo sepa. Me parece muy raro, y un desperdicio de su propio tiempo, grabar un video, solo para arrancar lo unos días después. Hemos preguntado porque lo hace, y nunca lo ha explicado. Que lastima para todos. Conocimiento perdido. Suerte, saludos,

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by txipicopter View Post
Oh, que pena¡¡¡... ¿Has quitado el vídeo??... Yo pensaba utilizarlo para ayudar a algunos amigos que empiezan ahora... Una lástima, era de gran ayuda.

Un saludo amigo.
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:22 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Well, got my 282a servos last week and just got around to trying to fit them in. I have all three fit into the gcp and secured without modifying the Genius chassis at all which I would like to avoid ( I don't want to have to remodify the chassis every time I have to replace it, just a little trimming on replacement servos is all I should have to do)

- I made a crude mount for the front ele servo, I'll probably redo it so it's smaller and fitted better but what I have now will get the job done, it holds the servo down solidly and straight. The ball position will be about 3mm forward of where it was stock but if it causes any flight issues (will it, cause I don't know for sure?) I can attach a 2mm shim to the servo arm and thread the ball into that to get the ball back closer to the stock location.

- the only trimming I did on the servos (besides the ears which can't be avoided) was to trim about 1mm off the end of the right side ail servo horn and the back side of it's servo arm to give a little breathing room between it and the back of the elev servo.

-the two back servos are loose because of the ears being to thin so I plan use a dab of hot glue around each ear on final assembly to snug and straighten them up...I may also put a small piece of servo tape between the tail holder and each servo at that time too....I did that with the stock servos just to strengthen the tail holder area and it worked pretty well.

_I'll be rewiring the servos as well to work with the Walkera rx.

That's it for now, I'll be working on it off and on this week so I'll update my progress when I can. I welcome any suggestions or ideas cause I get tunnel vision on projects like this and sometimes end up missing a simpler solution. (and yes, I thought long and hard about just biting the bullet and buying the overpriced walkera servos but have decided against it since I already have the 282a's and hope they will take more abuse than the walkera servos.

Quote:
Update:
We'll I got the rest of it put back together tonight and rewired the servos. I put a battery in and tried a hover and everything is working, I still have to do a lot of fine tuning and may make a few changes in regards to servo horns mainly but it is working so I'm calling it quits for tonight..hopefully I'll have some time to play around with it tomorrow.

The 282 servo horn sits a little lower than stock so that screwed up my pitch settings....Is that best to adjust out with the tie rods or servo arm positions? I've never really had a issue like that before so some tips would be great? Can I just reposition the servo arms up a little or should I focus more on lengthening the tie rods?..or some setting in the tx?

I think I am pretty much finished now, I took it out and flew a pack through it this morning and it flew great.

I did manage to get it to work without having to mod the chassis at all so I could take these three servos and drop them into another Gcp fairly easily.

-I added some closed cell sticky back foam to a few spots to snug up the servos which had a little free play mainly due to the thinner than stock tabs on the servos

-I modded the front servo arm by cutting and screwing a piece from a spare servo arm to it as well as cutting down the servo horn by about 50% and the servo arm the same amount to get the ball moved back far enough that the tie rod would not have to angle out from the swash to get to the servo arm ( I also did the same servo horn and arm cut down on the servo directly behind it to give a little breathing room between it and the elev servo)

- To account for the 282a servo horns sitting about 4mm lower than the stock servo horns I extended all the tie rods as much as I could and still feel comfortable that the ball ends wouldn't pull off the threads. This got my pitch setup really close to what it was with the stock servos without any adjustment on the tx side. I may switch out the servo to swash threaded rods for the slightly longer swash to grip threaded rods but I only have two spares so I have to order another set first.

- I decided that I did not need the outer side of the aluminum elev. servo mount that I made so I cut it off and drilled some holes on the other side to lighten it up some. It is working out nicely, it weighs no more than the stock plastic mount now and holds the servo firmly with just one side screwed to the chassis.

- With the stock servos I found the gyro worked smoothly set at around 65%. However, I think because these 282a servos are faster than stock I ended up with the gyro at about 40% to get a smooth flight.

Here's a couple pics of the final product.

On a side note, I came up with a simple strut brace that I'm hoping will help my skid struts make it through more crashes than normal before they start breaking off at the frame...It's light and simple to install. I used some 2mm cf tube and a paper clip. Just have to drill a 1mm hole through the little flat spot where the strut and skid meet to run the paper clip wire through and then fold over the ends. We'll see how it works

candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
problems with genius binding to 2801pro

I am new to fourm so this might not be the right place to post but I have a genius that came with a 2603 tx. i recently upgraded to 2801pro tx. i have all the throttle curves set correctly 0% throttle a o stick and for some reason the genuis tail rudder will spin when it binds and will not stop at 0 stick. If I het the throttle stop during a crash wen I take the throttle stop off main rudder and tail rudder will both spin at about 20%.If I set throttle trim all the way down it does not help just gets worse each time throttle hold is released. Anybody no whats wrong? I am new to cp and radio setup so maybe I have done something wrong but I set it up to factory specs and to the specs I found on here.

thanks
baileyhd is offline Find More Posts by baileyhd
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,011 Posts
Quote:
...On a side note, I came up with a simple strut brace that I'm hoping will help my skid struts make it through more crashes than normal before they start breaking off at the frame...It's light and simple to install. I used some 2mm cf tube and a paper clip. Just have to drill a 1mm hole through the little flat spot where the strut and skid meet to run the paper clip wire through and then fold over the ends. We'll see how it works

Why choice of bent metal paper clip, and not adhesived lighter plastic or CF rod?
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:38 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
anyone have the Walkera brushless conversion yet?

I just got an email that mine has been shipped. as soon as I get it and fly it I will let everyone know if its any good
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:03 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyhd View Post
I am new to fourm so this might not be the right place to post but I have a genius that came with a 2603 tx. i recently upgraded to 2801pro tx. i have all the throttle curves set correctly 0% throttle a o stick and for some reason the genuis tail rudder will spin when it binds and will not stop at 0 stick. If I het the throttle stop during a crash wen I take the throttle stop off main rudder and tail rudder will both spin at about 20%.If I set throttle trim all the way down it does not help just gets worse each time throttle hold is released. Anybody no whats wrong? I am new to cp and radio setup so maybe I have done something wrong but I set it up to factory specs and to the specs I found on here.

thanks
The Genius needs to have throttle trim and throttle hold set to 0%,, not the normal minus 10%. Is yours set to "0"?
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:04 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Why choice of bent metal paper clip, and not adhesived lighter plastic or CF rod?
I don't quite follow you? The paper clip wire runs through a cf tube and holds it in place much more securely than any adhesive could.

My scale goes down to 1 gram increments and the two pieces of cf tube and paper clip don't even register on it so it added less than a gram.
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Last edited by candy76man; Jan 11, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,011 Posts
Thanks
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,230 Posts
I have mine all set to 0 as well, but the tail still spins which tells me the main is on as well just not enough power to spin the blades. I also tried going into 6ax today, but it go's hard left. I can counter it with almost full right stick. At rest the swash is level, but on takeoff almost full left. I put it back into 3ax takes off straight and solid.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member