HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:30 AM
Joined Aug 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19 View Post
Oh, OK. Cool. Where do I get one of those?
Its this cable: http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...mart&Itemid=31
You can get it in almost every heli store. It needs resoldering to microdeans.
Macias is offline Find More Posts by Macias
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:47 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
Oh, yeah. I thought I needed one with micro deans. So, lots of soldering to do...
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:32 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
i received my xtreme aluminum swash.. weighs 1.3g.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:36 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
i received my xtreme aluminum swash.. weighs 1.3g.
What does stock weigh?
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:27 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
What does stock weigh?
don't know yet, i dont have a spare for checking and im diagnosing some issues currently so i dont want to change it right now. i'll definitely post the weight soon unless someone else has a spare swash they can weigh.

i also have some 400mah batteries arriving later today. these are the biggest battery that should fit the genius tray. i'll report later
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:31 AM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it was metal. You definitely wont want to use that. Ill make you a carbon fiber bracket free of charge once my 282as get here and I can size it.
It's thin aluminum (close up picture makes it look thicker than it is). On my scale which goes down to one gram increments the stock plastic piece just barely registers 1 gram so it weighs between .5 and 1 gram and the aluminum part I made (which is the first attempt and will be trimmed down some at the very least) registers 1 gram as well but is likely closer to 1.5 grams.

You make it sound like I used cast iron and it's the final design

A carbon fiber one would be nice though
candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19 View Post
Oh, yeah. I thought I needed one with micro deans. So, lots of soldering to do...
Sounds to me like you do not have a balance charger yet so you can't use the connecting wires that were suggested to you.

You can charge multiple batteries with the stock charger but you need a parallel charging harness. The problem with using the stock charger is that the more batteries you harness on it, the slower it charges the batteries so you don't really get the batteries sooner. With a balance charger, you can program different charge rates. A lot of folks use the iMax B6. I use the iMax B6AC and it's great. It's among the more affordable ones, too.

It does require a fair bit of soldering to set everything up but it's worth it.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
84 Posts
Hey guys,

A newbie here with the GCP. What is the default setting for the gyro, is it 6 axis or 3 axis out of the box?

If its 6 axis, how to change the gyro to 3 axis?

Thanks in advance !
andrewho83 is offline Find More Posts by andrewho83
Old Jan 09, 2012, 12:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewho83 View Post
Hey guys,

A newbie here with the GCP. What is the default setting for the gyro, is it 6 axis or 3 axis out of the box?

Thanks in advance !
Mine came in 3 axis, with the Green rx led on when bound.
To change to 6 axis (red led), you would flick the right hand dip switch the opposite way.
Leave the first switch set to " Wk " and not to " adj ".

I don't have my Genius in front of me, so can't tell you if position 1 or 2 is 3x or 6x, but somebody will chime in.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 09, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewho83 View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance !
See image attached. Solid green light when bound to the TX means 3 axis. Solid red means 6 axis.

Mine also came in 3 axis.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,170 Posts
(transferred post to mini Gcp thread)
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Jan 09, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 12:38 PM
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Nov 2010
133 Posts
Hey guys,

Im having a problem on my genius of ever decreasing pitch. When i got it 0% pitch was 0 pitch now 0% is very negative. I fixed it once by extending the linkage rods but I think they are about as far as they can go right now. Any ideas to fix this? Its to the point now where I cant even take off anymore.

Thanks!

Edit:
My pitch curves are set like normal for stunt 100% negative and 100% positive so Im pretty sure the problem isnt there. Also all of the servos are centered at 0 pitch
Madman133 is offline Find More Posts by Madman133
Old Jan 09, 2012, 12:43 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman133 View Post
Hey guys,

Im having a problem on my genius of ever decreasing pitch. When i got it 0% pitch was 0 pitch now 0% is very negative. I fixed it once by extending the linkage rods but I think they are about as far as they can go right now. Any ideas to fix this? Its to the point now where I cant even take off anymore.

Thanks!

Edit:
My pitch curves are set like normal for stunt 100% negative and 100% positive so Im pretty sure the problem isnt there. Also all of the servos are centered at 0 pitch
Could it be that the fixing sleeve on the main shaft has moved up because the main gear is not all the way on. If you hold the main gear with your thumb and the top of the main shaft with your index finger there should be no play up and down. Lots of guys have had the main gear move on the shaft or come all the way off. If there is any play in the shaft you will lose pitch.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jan 09, 2012, 12:45 PM
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Nov 2010
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
Could it be that the fixing sleeve on the main shaft has moved up because the main gear is not all the way on. If you hold the main gear with your thumb and the top of the main shaft with your index finger there should be no play up and down. Lots of guys have had the main gear move on the shaft or come all the way off. If there is any play in the shaft you will lose pitch.
Mike
That was it! Thanks Mike!
Madman133 is offline Find More Posts by Madman133
Old Jan 09, 2012, 03:14 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
It's thin aluminum (close up picture makes it look thicker than it is). On my scale which goes down to one gram increments the stock plastic piece just barely registers 1 gram so it weighs between .5 and 1 gram and the aluminum part I made (which is the first attempt and will be trimmed down some at the very least) registers 1 gram as well but is likely closer to 1.5 grams.

You make it sound like I used cast iron and it's the final design

A carbon fiber one would be nice though
Ah it looked like steel to me, my bad =)
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF