HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 01:10 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Meh...im not stressing. Just about about the same thing as the Genius with a vertical RX and no 6axis. The 8s is still backward compat with the "old" Devo RXs and vise versa.
Not like our Devos are phased out. If you want a weirdly small canopy on a still 220mm heli go for it...Ill wait.
I really dont like the super small front end.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 01:17 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
If this new mini cp makes the price of the genius drop then I'm going to love it!
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 09, 2012, 01:34 AM
Joined Aug 2009
5,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
wow! so does oomodel have a listing for the micro gcp?

Oh yeah! That reminds me ...

Weren't they the site that listed having the new GCP, people paid big $ for expedited shipment, and then about month later when the merchant received their shipment (after everyone else!), they shipped?

I think everyone that ordered somewhere else, with the slowest shipment option got their stuff before the "oo" customers with expedited shipment did?

Maybe it was due to a "computer" glitch? With modern technology these days, there's no need to point the finger at a person! It might be more interesting this time!
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Jan 09, 2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 01:56 AM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,401 Posts
Well, got my 282a servos last week and just got around to trying to fit them in. I have all three fit into the gcp and secured without modifying the Genius chassis at all which I would like to avoid ( I don't want to have to remodify the chassis every time I have to replace it, just a little trimming on replacement servos is all I should have to do)

- I made a crude mount for the front ele servo, I'll probably redo it so it's smaller and fitted better but what I have now will get the job done, it holds the servo down solidly and straight. The ball position will be about 3mm forward of where it was stock but if it causes any flight issues (will it, cause I don't know for sure?) I can attach a 2mm shim to the servo arm and thread the ball into that to get the ball back closer to the stock location.

- the only trimming I did on the servos (besides the ears which can't be avoided) was to trim about 1mm off the end of the right side ail servo horn and the back side of it's servo arm to give a little breathing room between it and the back of the elev servo.

-the two back servos are loose because of the ears being to thin so I plan use a dab of hot glue around each ear on final assembly to snug and straighten them up...I may also put a small piece of servo tape between the tail holder and each servo at that time too....I did that with the stock servos just to strengthen the tail holder area and it worked pretty well.

_I'll be rewiring the servos as well to work with the Walkera rx.

That's it for now, I'll be working on it off and on this week so I'll update my progress when I can. I welcome any suggestions or ideas cause I get tunnel vision on projects like this and sometimes end up missing a simpler solution. (and yes, I thought long and hard about just biting the bullet and buying the overpriced walkera servos but have decided against it since I already have the 282a's and hope they will take more abuse than the walkera's)

candy76man is offline Find More Posts by candy76man
Last edited by candy76man; Jan 09, 2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 01:58 AM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Oomodel also said theyd be the first to have tje GCP brushless kit. As far as I know they still have "delayed till the 30th sorry"...meanwhile I ordered mine from 9imod a week ago.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:19 AM
Joined Dec 2011
88 Posts
Hi

Thank you for plugs... I think I won't change them for the moment...

According to me, this new "Genius CP" could be like one heli I didn't hear about. The blue heli on his video is a v100d03 ! V100d03, not v100d03bl. It's written on the v100d03bl box. Bot it's not on walkera website, and I never had more informations about it...
Flo38 is offline Find More Posts by Flo38
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:34 AM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Well, got my 282a servos last week and just got around to trying to fit them in. I have all three fit into the gcp and secured without modifying the Genius chassis at all which I would like to avoid ( I don't want to have to remodify the chassis every time I have to replace it, just a little trimming on replacement servos is all I should have to do)

- I made a crude mount for the front ele servo, I'll probably redo it so it's smaller and fitted better but what I have now will get the job done, it holds the servo down solidly and straight. The ball position will be about 3mm forward of where it was stock but if it causes any flight issues (will it, cause I don't know for sure?) I can attach a 2mm shim to the servo arm and thread the ball into that to get the ball back closer to the stock location.

- the only trimming I did on the servos (besides the ears which can't be avoided) was to trim about 1mm off the end of the right side ail servo horn and the back side of it's servo arm to give a little breathing room between it and the back of the elev servo.

-the two back servos are loose because of the ears being to thin so I plan use a dab of hot glue around each ear on final assembly to snug and straighten them up...I may also put a small piece of servo tape between the tail holder and each servo at that time too....I did that with the stock servos just to strengthen the tail holder area and it worked pretty well.

_I'll be rewiring the servos as well to work with the Walkera rx.

That's it for now, I'll be working on it off and on this week so I'll update my progress when I can. I welcome any suggestions or ideas cause I get tunnel vision on projects like this and sometimes end up missing a simpler solution. (and yes, I thought long and hard about just biting the bullet and buying the overpriced walkera servos but have decided against it since I already have the 282a's and hope they will take more abuse than the walkera's)

Man those are ugly servos. Mine should be here any day...not so excited anymore lol.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:50 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
I made a crude mount for the front ele servo, I'll probably redo it so it's smaller and fitted better but what I have now will get the job done, it holds the servo down solidly and straight.
Interesting mount you made for the elevator servo, looks about 3-4 grams though. It's a lot of work just to get these to physically fit...and then you still need to do the internal soldering (i.e. switch motor and pot wires).

I had the 282a's too, but after seeing what was involved to get them to work I decided I'd gladly pay the $10 premium should one of my stock servos fail. Also, now we have Benmlee's servo saver mod for the stock servos.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Last edited by bytemuncher; Jan 09, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:57 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
that piece of metal probably weighs more than all 3 servos and skids combined
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it was metal. You definitely wont want to use that. Ill make you a carbon fiber bracket free of charge once my 282as get here and I can size it.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:16 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
980 Posts
New walkera mini cp 3d test flight

Walkera 3D fight test ! (0 min 45 sec)
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:50 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
Subscribing
JHawk19 is online now Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:03 AM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macias View Post
Most of us DID, all of us WILL.
So how do you charge the battery if you make this change? Do you put a Micro Deans on the Stock Charger too?
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:12 AM
Joined Aug 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19 View Post
So how do you charge the battery if you make this change? Do you put a Micro Deans on the Stock Charger too?
Nope, im using balance charger and this cable.
Macias is offline Find More Posts by Macias
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:25 AM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macias View Post
Nope, im using balance charger and this cable.
Oh, OK. Cool. Where do I get one of those?