HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:26 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
Where did you guys get the KDBB tail blade for genius?
Tail blades ETA 11/10.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:07 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Tail blades ETA 11/10.
Soon then...i wonder how it will hold
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:55 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
Soon then...i wonder how it will hold
Readyheli & heliflightcenter sell the KDBB blades so they will probably sell the TB.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:45 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
this is the servo I use on both my genius cp's now, slop is next to none, plus they have replacement gears, but I have yet to strip one.

the blue bird servos wouldnt work, I like the hk 2g servos better anyway.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_0_08sec.html

feels more connected to inputs.

but you have to swap the + and - on the plug and they will only work with 1s applications
I tried those servos in a mothed Spektrum 4g3 running on 1s. Replaced the stock for weight. I didn't like them at all. The resolution was reasonable (two subtrim clicks to see movement) but the centering was poor. This was maybe 6mths back so they may be better now??

Edit: On another note tail rotor choice...
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=349364 (nice graphs if you're logged in).

Seems even though the Genius rotor looks like it would perform quite well it doesn't!

A tail rotor change would be a worthy "upgrade" for this heli.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Last edited by Ampdraw; Oct 31, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:06 PM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
Hey amp,I know you have done a bunch of testing with these and rx2610v2 receivers, what has been the best replacement so far for the stock servos? I am going to try some of the servos farmer has recommended, but would like to know of other servos that have worked for others. I am considering it not just for the genius, but for the 120 stuff which I have a lot of. FOr this reason I am not limiting myself to 3 gram servos. I would consider anything up to 5 grams. I am thinking of something for m120 and v120d05 where the extra weight of the heli beats on the servos! But I think coming up with compatible servos to the Walkera standard ones would be good for the community seeing as we though they perform reasonably, they are both expensive and not the most reliable. Certainly we replace many things on these things that have the same level of issues as these servos. I certainly am not insinuating the stock servs are terrible, but their is certainly room for improvement, and this area has been one that at least with the fbl rx's requirements for only particular digital servos, there has been an amazingly small amount of info posted. F.a.r.m.e.r.s. recommendation is actually the first specific recommendation I have seen for the fbl rx's.
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:16 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Haven't had a wk rx in a few years but have been running Walkera 4G6 servos in my Spektrum AR6300 rx.

Not alot around that are cheaper and at least as good as the wk servos. The wk's are actually quite reasonable imo (4g6).

BA do some nice small digitals that I have used on the tail (currently run a 5010MG in a 2s 4G6 Spektrum)
http://www.ltair.com/index.php?route...tegory&path=17

Power HD have a few as well...haven't tried them personally: http://www.chd.hk/enpruducts.aspx?id=9

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Nov 01, 2011, 01:42 AM
Farmer
United States, CA, Windsor
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
I tried those servos in a mothed Spektrum 4g3 running on 1s. Replaced the stock for weight. I didn't like them at all. The resolution was reasonable (two subtrim clicks to see movement) but the centering was poor. This was maybe 6mths back so they may be better now??

Edit: On another note tail rotor choice...
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=349364 (nice graphs if you're logged in).

Seems even though the Genius rotor looks like it would perform quite well it doesn't!

A tail rotor change would be a worthy "upgrade" for this heli.

Amp
hey Amp im not sure if the quality is any better now from when you bought them but they work great on my genius.

I will post a flight video since all my genius cp's have these hk 2gs on them now.

also I got the blue birds to finally work but they draw to much current (im guessing) not really sure but my tail rotor feels weak not holding well while flying with the blue birds,

I will test that issue tomorrow, and I just ordered gws nano servos 2g from http://aeromicro.com

see heres the thing the stock walkera servos would jitter at zero pitch or at hover inverted or upright because of slop at no load, and with the hk's I dont get that jitter and my collective is way more precise,

but to be honest if they improved the quality I have no Idea would have to shoot out an email to hk and ask because the new ratings are good

regards dave
f.a.r.m.e.r is online now Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Nov 01, 2011, 07:46 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Will this work off of my CB100 Turbo Ace 51416 Brushless Motor: HP05-2 & ESC for my Genius CP?
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Nov 01, 2011, 07:54 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhicks100 View Post
Will this work off of my CB100 Turbo Ace 51416 Brushless Motor: HP05-2 & ESC for my Genius CP?
The motor will work but you need another pinion gear .05 mod with 1.5mm shaft the stock pinion will not work.
Last edited by vronny; Nov 01, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 08:17 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
The motor will work but you need another pinion gear .05 mode with 1.5mm shaft the stock pinion will not work.
Thanks. Where is a good place to get a pinion and which one for longer flight time for inside flying. Can't do 3 axis 3D flying yet.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 08:57 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. Where is a good place to get a pinion and which one for longer flight time for inside flying. Can't do 3 axis 3D flying yet.
I got mine from www.homefly.com you might need to order different sizes 1.5mm 7t, 8t, 9t an see which one is the best. Since the HP05-2 is a more powerful motor than the C05 it would probably need a 7t or 8t pinion. The stock pinion is 9t an 1mm.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 09:32 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
I got mine from www.homefly.com you might need to order different sizes 1.5mm 7t, 8t, 9t an see which one is the best. Since the HP05-2 is a more powerful motor than the C05 it would probably need a 7t or 8t pinion. The stock pinion is 9t an 1mm.
Thanks I love these Genius CP's. Just ran 2 more batteries threw on my new one I got in yesterday brushed stock. Ordered today 2 more stock main & tail motors. Burnt up my first motors on my first one in 2 & 1/2 weeks. Trying to utilize stock off my CB100's. I even have a one more CB100 with a AEO 6.8g 10800Kv w/16T pinion. After I burn up my new stock crap I'll be going BL.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 10:30 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Thanks I love these Genius CP's. Just ran 2 more batteries threw on my new one I got in yesterday brushed stock. Ordered today 2 more stock main & tail motors. Burnt up my first motors on my first one in 2 & 1/2 weeks. Trying to utilize stock off my CB100's. I even have a one more CB100 with a AEO 6.8g 10800Kv w/16T pinion. After I burn up my new stock crap I'll be going BL.
My #1 is BL way better motor an more power. #2 the same thing happened with the motor waiting a better motor also might get the HP05-2 I also was thinking about the v100d03 motor
Old Nov 02, 2011, 02:01 PM
zaragoza (spain)
Joined Dec 2006
97 Posts
thanks
now, dont have stock to tail exteded

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
thanks jamerloco

im using the align 3gx mounting kit which consists of

thin double sided tape fixed to the frame, then a thin piece of flat metal on top of that, then the stock pad fixed onto the metal just like on my align trex 600EFL pro

works great for me. but stock was just fine to.

and exactly what vronny said about the boom is what I did.

and using the new mcpx tail blade

hope this helps

dave
jaimerioco is offline Find More Posts by jaimerioco
Old Nov 02, 2011, 07:35 PM
Farmer
United States, CA, Windsor
Joined Oct 2011
916 Posts
my recent test flight with the hk 2g 3 dollar servo's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Gt...e_gdata_player

its nice to have other options since wow is charging outrages prices on genius parts

dave
f.a.r.m.e.r is online now Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r