HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:03 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
So its a little after noon, which is when there's the most wind. But this threatre company wants me to come teach them at 4:30, during the golden half hour when there is almost no wind until sundown.
I have a closet full of AS3X planes, B&@* wind.
OK... so... OT, but you brought it up. What do you teach them? I used to do theater sound. Lots of fun!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:01 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
I just graduated high school, but ive had extensive professional training at the Young Actors Studio in North Hollywood. Because of health issues i couldn't continue and i couldnt start getting acting jobs. So since i had to quit ive been working with a few local theatres lately and i was a member of Off the Wall for three years. OTW is a high school company, but they are completely self-sufficient, professionall, making about 15,000 dollars professional year.
Because of this we were one of the only arts programs to survive all the budget cuts. I have been teaching them Strasberg style method acting, teachers arent really allowed to teach it becuase it makes everyone cry!

Its alot of fun, i have alot of friends that started out as actors but become sound technicians, light technicians stage technicians, and alot of them are doing really well, especially in the film industry. You just have to work hard, have ambition, and let your natural talent shine through. Thats how all good jobs are.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:02 AM
Joined Dec 2010
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
I just graduated high school, but ive had extensive professional training at the Young Actors Studio in North Hollywood. Because of health issues i couldn't continue and i couldnt start getting acting jobs. So since i had to quit ive been working with a few local theatres lately and i was a member of Off the Wall for three years. OTW is a high school company, but they are completely self-sufficient, professionall, making about 15,000 dollars professional year.
Because of this we were one of the only arts programs to survive all the budget cuts. I have been teaching them Strasberg style method acting, teachers arent really allowed to teach it becuase it makes everyone cry!

Its alot of fun, i have alot of friends that started out as actors but become sound technicians, light technicians stage technicians, and alot of them are doing really well, especially in the film industry. You just have to work hard, have ambition, and let your natural talent shine through. Thats how all good jobs are.
Thanks for replying. Sounds like you made lemonade out of lemons. I'm glad you're able to do develop something fun and satisfying with your passion instead of getting into the "victim" mind-set.

RC flying always gets my head screwed on straight. It's like meditation.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:46 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,014 Posts
off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Yes, now that you mention it!

Please send your largest Babbelbatt, ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
LOL! I swear you've got a pic for pretty much any situation!

Pug, you must have hard-drives full of that stuff!

Joel

Pug, here is a "picture" test for you.
Many years ago a wise old man told me " Cleavage is like the sun, you can look at it, but do not stare".
Can you picture this for us?
Thanks
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:00 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
.....Cleavage......Can you picture this for us?
Thanks
Rn
Yes! I'm picturing it right now!

Thanks for the inspiration , Rn.

(Of course, this being a family forum and all, I can't post the exact image that I'm picturing. It's hotter than a hundred suns. The one below is not it.)

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Last edited by pugsam; Nov 28, 2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
695 Posts
What's next?

Anybody know what the next AS3X platform going to be? I'm hoping for an F-100,
or what would be even better, an F-104, since bothe the real and current
models are difficult to fly.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:51 PM
I'm going flying..........
Ramona,CA
Joined Feb 2008
649 Posts
Great thread, thank you for keeping the first post edited and up to date. Found exactly what I needed quickly.
rpmrpm is offline Find More Posts by rpmrpm
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:13 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkpilot View Post
Anybody know what the next AS3X platform going to be? I'm hoping for an F-100,
or what would be even better, an F-104, since bothe the real and current
models are difficult to fly.
That would be the park-size VisionAire from ParkZone, which uses the new Spektrum AR635 user-programmable, stand-alone AS3X full-range sport receiver.

Horizon's promo video:

VisionAire™ BNF with AS3X Technology by ParkZone® (5 min 27 sec)

Here's a clip from QQ:

ParkZone VisionAire AS3X (5 min 32 sec)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:57 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,911 Posts
Looks like it will be the new PZ UM P-40 Warhawk AS3X
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:20 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,821 Posts
Another overweight, marginally-powered, 1s pager-motor "warbird" with an under-cambered wing. I'll pass.

I wish they'd start making some 2s brushless UMX warbirds with proper airfoils that have true warbird performance. I want my warbirds to perform as they did at full war emergency power when tuned by their crew-chiefs for combat on 130 octane fuel, rather than how they perform at airshows today as de-tuned 70-year-old antiques. And I certainly don't want my warbirds to have under-cambered wings. I prefer warbirds that fly like warbirds, rather than 4-channel trainers.

On the other hand - the new AR635 stand-alone AS3X receiver looks quite interesting to me. It's also nice to see that they went beyond the UMs and released a nice-sized AS3X-equipped 3D park-flyer.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:44 PM
Joined Jul 2006
592 Posts
Quote:
Another overweight, marginally-powered, 1s pager-motor "warbird" with an under-cambered wing. I'll pass.

I wish they'd start making some 2s brushless UMX warbirds with proper airfoils that have true warbird performance.
They have or is it to big?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...00-arf-EFL6075
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1086648
microheli is offline Find More Posts by microheli
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,350 Posts
It's not made anymore...
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:03 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,821 Posts
MH,

That's close. But I'd rather have a selection of UMX 180-powered, AS3X-equipped, true-scale warbirds with flaps and retracts. I'd die for a true-scale UMX Jug or Lightning with a warbird-airfoiled wing, airfoiled tail, and all of the bells & whistles.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:20 AM
Joined Jul 2006
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
It's not made anymore...
Yes but there is a nice Zero.
Also Kyosho has some warbirds in this size.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:25 AM
Joined Jul 2006
592 Posts
Quote:
MH,

That's close. But I'd rather have a selection of UMX 180-powered, AS3X-equipped, true-scale warbirds with flaps and retracts. I'd die for a true-scale UMX Jug or Lightning with a warbird-airfoiled wing, airfoiled tail, and all of the bells & whistles.
And also with two EDF's