Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:09 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammergier View Post
. I have an ES 2. Does anybody know if the easy star 1 canopy and the ES 2 canopy are the same? ...
The canopys are not interchangeable.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:35 AM
Bone Breaker
Dallas , Texas, United States
Joined Oct 2002
825 Posts
thanx Jurgen.
What's a good percentage to rudder to aileron
10~15% to start?
Lammergier is offline Find More Posts by Lammergier
Last edited by Lammergier; Aug 04, 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:44 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammergier View Post
thanx Jurger.
What's a good percentage to rudder to aileron
10~15% to start?
That depends on the max throws of your ailerons and rudder of course - and last but not least: personal preference.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Oct 2011
298 Posts
OMG, what have I gotten into??

A large, tall box showed up on my front porch this afternoon - namely my Easy Star II that I ordered last week. As I carefully opened the cardboard box, there was the box for the ES2 all colorful and nice. On opening up the plane box it looked a lot like the two Multiplex MiniMags I bought and put together.

But as I pulled the pieces out of the box I realized that this really WAS a kit - and nothing was already assembled! Just a bunch of foam pieces and several small bags filled with all kinds of plastic parts.

I've been buying RTF and BNF planes which don't involve any building skills. When I finished building the two MiniMags I felt like I had moved way up on my building skills and experience. But, WHOA, building this ES2 looks like it will be WAY up on the ladder compared to the MiniMags.

My first thought was to look for an RTF or RR version of this model. I couldn't find either one. Are there any? I'd be willing to pay $100 more to have it at least like the RR MiniMag. I'm a patient, detail person so I suppose I COULD build it but it does seem quite overwhelming at this point. I WILL search for build reports here and also YouTube videos of the building sequence.

But if any of you want to inform me of things to do and things NOT to do or any other tips, I would greatly appreciate it.
fotoflyer is offline Find More Posts by fotoflyer
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Oct 2011
298 Posts
OMG again!

I just noticed that Horizon Hobby just added the Sky Scout in FOUR versions, including RTF, BNF, Kit and a fourth unknown version. This Sky Scout is from Hitec and you can read the details about it on page 27 of their catalog.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/2012HRU%20Catalog.pdf

This plane appears to be a CARBON COPY of the Easy Star II but with different decals and a different name. Hitec has added their own components to the basic kit to come up with the RTF and the BNF version. Go here to see what Horizon Hobby will be selling them for.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid

Check out the HRC13210 for only $77.99! I paid $99.99 for the ES2 KIT!

I WILL be calling HH first thing in the morning and most likely returning my ES2 Kit and pre-ordering the BNF version of the Sky Scout.

YEAH, I don't have to assemble that complicated ES2!!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:04 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoflyer View Post
YEAH, I don't have to assemble that complicated ES2!!
Oh come on, it's hardly complicated! The instructions lead you by the hand in a 'use screw A in hole B to affix part C to part D".

Anyone over the age of about twelve should have no problem with assembling the EZ2 unaided - and you at least have the advantage of flying experience!!!
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jul 31, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
I just noticed that Horizon Hobby just added the Sky Scout in FOUR versions, including RTF, BNF, Kit and a fourth unknown version. ...

Go here to see what Horizon Hobby will be selling them for.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid

Check out the HRC13210 for only $77.99! I paid $99.99 for the ES2 KIT!
There is no "fourth unknown version". It's R2GO, H2GO, P2GO and Kit only.

It looks however, that the price for the P2GO version is incorrect. Why would anybody buy the kit for $79.99, when you can have the pre-assembled model with BL-motor, ESC and servos for the same price?

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Oct 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Oh come on, it's hardly complicated! The instructions lead you by the hand in a 'use screw A in hole B to affix part C to part D".

Anyone over the age of about twelve should have no problem with assembling the EZ2 unaided - and you at least have the advantage of flying experience!!!
Yes, I know I could assemble it. I was just trying to be funny - should have used some smilies!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:41 AM
Joined Oct 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
There is no "fourth unknown version". It's R2GO, H2GO, P2GO and Kit only.

It looks however, that the price for the P2GO version is incorrect. Why would anybody buy the kit for $79.99, when you can have the pre-assembled model with BL-motor, ESC and servos for the same price?

Jürgen
Jürgen, the reason I called one of them an unknown version is that it had the same price as the kit. But with a little more searching I found other sites selling these four versions with the correct price. The price on the P2GO is $164.99 and Horizon Hobby has it incorrectly listed as $79.99. That's $85.00 more than the kit. That seems like a lot, but I assume it is already assembled, to the same level as the RR MiniMag along with the addition of:
• HS-55 Servos (two, for rudder and elevator)
• 235-watt Brushless Outrunner Motor
• 18 amp ESC

With the above parts already installed, all that is left is to install a receiver and battery - items I already have. So I'd be happy to pay the extra $85.00 for the P2GO version. It may not have the decals installed, but I noticed they were die-cut in the kit I just got. That makes a HUGE difference in the time it takes to apply the decals. I spent WAY more time applying the decals on my MiniMag than it took to assemble the plane. Cutting out each decal took a long time.

Jürgen, would you (or anyone else) have any information on the 235-watt Brushless Outrunner Motor? Sounds like it would have plenty of power running on a 3S 1300 mAh Lipo. That's the same battery I have in my Radian sailplane and also in my Hobbyzone Super Cub.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:17 AM
Joined Aug 2008
120 Posts
Quote:
Jürgen, would you (or anyone else) have any information on the 235-watt Brushless Outrunner Motor?
The MPX recommended motor is a Permax BL-O 2830-1100. If you search their site you will find the full specs available as a download.
Mehari is offline Find More Posts by Mehari
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Jürgen, would you (or anyone else) have any information on the 235-watt Brushless Outrunner Motor? Sounds like it would have plenty of power running on a 3S 1300 mAh Lipo. That's the same battery I have in my Radian sailplane and also in my Hobbyzone Super Cub.
A 3s/1300mAh will be too light to achieve the correct CG. Standard battery is a 3s/2000mAh.

Motor data: http://www.multiplex-rc.de/fileadmin...x_bl_o_5sp.pdf

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,190 Posts
More info on the Sky Scout available here: http://2bfly.com/newsstand/product-r...itec-skyscout/

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Mar 2010
232 Posts
Does anyone know if it has a removable tail?
Is it a rebadged EZ2?
Cannonballer is offline Find More Posts by Cannonballer
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Oct 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonballer View Post
Does anyone know if it has a removable tail?
Is it a rebadged EZ2?
The SkyScout airframe is the exact same airframe as the Easy Star II. Hico,
http://www.hitecrcd.com/ bought out Multiplex about seven years ago, so what they are doing is taking the Easy Star II kit, adding a new decal theme and selling it as the SkyScout. At the kit level, the only difference would be the decals.

From there, Hico, using some of it's own products, set up version P2GO which includes brushless motor, rudder and elevator servos and 18 amp ESC, all installed in the fuselage. Next they added one of their receivers, a Lipo battery and a charger. It's called a H2GO and is essentially a BNF version. Finally they are offering a full RTF version which includes one of their transmitters.

The website supplied by MikeMayberry (above) a good place to read all about the versions.

This certainly opens up a lot more choices than just the basic kit (Easy Star II) supplied by Multiplex. I am returning my Easy Star II kit to Horizon Hobby (got approval this morning) and I'm ordering the P2GO SkyScout which has the elevator and rudder servos, the 235 watt Brushless Outrunner Motor and 18 amp ESC, all pre-installed. I assume, but don't know for sure yet, that the fuselage is all assembled so really all I need to do is install a receiver and Lipo battery and I'm ready to fly - with my own transmitter.

The downsize, of course, is that there is no stock yet on the SkyScout so I may be waiting for some time to get it. But I have plenty of other projects and planes to work on and fly, so no rush.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:41 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,971 Posts
Looks like the HK Blixler just copied the EZ2 with it's new Bixler 2.
1300kv motor with 7x5 prop. Pre formed flaps if wanted..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...laps_ARF_.html
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE