HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2012, 01:40 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBerris View Post
I am stuck trying to figure out what Multiplex had in mind for the "auto hook up" of the wing servos....Can someone point me to how this is achieved short of just leaving enough extra wire coming from the root end of the wing to manually attach the servo wires to the fuselage mounted connector.
That's about the size of it....
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Aug 2008
121 Posts
Quote:

I am stuck trying to figure out what Multiplex had in mind for the "auto hook up" of the wing servos.
Fig 27 of the build manual shows that the aileron servo leads should extend about 25mm beyond the join face of the wings. The small piece of snake fitted over the leads in Fig 28 acts as a fold point for the leads during assembly.

During assembly the connector from the aileron servo is plugged into the connector of the servo extension that is fixed to the fuselage in Figs 10 and 11. When the wing is then pushed into the fuselage the wire folds neatly over the piece of snake and forms a small loop.

Quite a neat solution actually.
Mehari is offline Find More Posts by Mehari
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:21 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
That's about the size of it....
And it just gets better and better
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:46 PM
Minneapolis, MN and Durango, CO
Joined Apr 2002
200 Posts
Thank you for explaining what I should have been able to see for myself but for some reason it didn't seem clear to me. I was hoping the system would be similar to the Cularis which was rather elegant in comparison to the way Multiplex designed the EZ 2's wing servo hook up. It works to be sure but I think they could improve on it.

Again thanks for your help.
Ed
EBerris is offline Find More Posts by EBerris
Old Jul 01, 2012, 06:18 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
And it just gets better and better

$60 street price is my target price, should get there soon enough, I don't anticipate this thing will sell too briskly at the current "fixed price of $95" especially with so much reasonably priced competition. HP just had a leftover sale of their warehouse clearance sale, which included some other MPX poor sellers xeno and Merlin. they still have a bunch, just can't get rid of those things even at $50.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...plane-kit.html

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...plane-kit.html

BTW, I did score a BNIB and complete RTF version Easy Star I for $40 at the warehouse sale!
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:54 AM
Joined Nov 2008
3,503 Posts
zzzzzzzzzz
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:23 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,758 Posts
Quote:
But, I'm still stuck on the aileron servo hook up between the wing and the fuselage. My Cularis has a nice solution that works great so I thought something similar would have been designed into the EX II.
From the instruction manual:

Quote:
35. Installing the wings

Slide the wing joiner 50 into one of the wing panels as shown in the illustration, then fit the joiner through the fuselage. Before the wing makes contact with the fuselage, connect the aileron servo lead to the extension lead already installed in the fuselage. Connect the plug and socket, then push the wing fully into place; the cable will now form itself into a loop in the space designed for it. Fit the other wing panel onto the joiner, and connect the aileron servo lead to the extension lead already installed in the fuselage, as described previously.
Fig. 40 + 41
There is no "auto hook up", but with only two aileron servos, it is really no big deal to connect them.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Jan 2009
147 Posts
If anyone interested - here's how ES II flies with EasyGlider Electric wings.

Easy Star II Long wing test (2 min 50 sec)

Sometimes I just want to slow down....
Verid is offline Find More Posts by Verid
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:59 PM
Stantheman
LaGrange, Ky.
Joined May 2004
430 Posts
Outstanding video and beautiful music! Details please. State, Country, camera, etc. Would everyone please edit your information and add where you are from! It makes everything related so much more enjoyable and makes the world a smaller place.
Thanks for sharing,
Stan
Stantheman is offline Find More Posts by Stantheman
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:09 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,445 Posts
What gauge wire do you guys reccomend for extending the wire from the 20 amp esc to the 3 cell battery?
Thanks rich
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Jan 2009
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantheman View Post
Outstanding video and beautiful music! Details please. State, Country, camera, etc. Would everyone please edit your information and add where you are from! It makes everything related so much more enjoyable and makes the world a smaller place.
Thanks for sharing,
Stan
State - pomerania
Country - Poland
Location - fields surrounding Mikoszewo
Camera - JVC GC-FM1 Picsio with wide angle converter.
Verid is offline Find More Posts by Verid
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:00 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
What gauge wire do you guys reccomend for extending the wire from the 20 amp esc to the 3 cell battery?
Thanks rich

I use 12 AWG for all extensions between ESC and battery for ,3S and 4S applications, I use 10 AWG for the real powerful stuff, like 90mm EDF running 6S and more cells. I use 16 AWG for low current 2S stuff but always stick to good quality silicone wire.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:21 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
Thanks rich
14 gauge silicone wire....but the purest would suggest extending the esc to motor wires instead.
At this level extending the esc to battery wires is fine.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:50 PM
Stantheman
LaGrange, Ky.
Joined May 2004
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verid View Post
State - pomerania
Country - Poland
Location - fields surrounding Mikoszewo
Camera - JVC GC-FM1 Picsio with wide angle converter.
Thanks for the information Verid. As I sit here tonight, cool, refreshing beverage in hand, watching your video over and over, I would just like for you to know that you have contributed greatly to my contentment and appreciation of this wonderful gift that we call life! It is amazing that I can sit here tonight in the state of Kentucky, in the United States of America and sincerely enjoy the fields of Poland and the joy of RC flight. Thank you for sharing my friend.
Stan
Stantheman is offline Find More Posts by Stantheman
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:50 AM
Joined Nov 2008
3,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantheman View Post
It is amazing that I can sit here tonight in the state of Kentucky, in the United States of America and sincerely enjoy the fields of Poland and the joy of RC flight.
Stan, that is something that we have all too quickly come to take for granted these days. Thanks for reawakening the wonder.....