Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 02, 2011, 01:39 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
I notice they didn't extend the rudder.
True...but this is less necessary with the ailerons in use.

That said, the stock rudder always did work ok...extending it did help in power-off flying though.
MRGTX is online now Find More Posts by MRGTX
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2011, 02:39 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,466 Posts
I notice they did...........
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:44 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Nice upgrade, the brushed RR Easystar was a joke next to the competition (considering its price). For me, the Easystar was a non-contender simply due to the fixed horizontal stab... The largest car segment in Europe is the 'Golf-class'. And even if one has a large car, it doesn't mean there's infinite room for storage. Multiplex 'gets' this part of the equation, with many collapsible designs lately (eg. the Xeno).

Jürgen, maybe you already have some insider info, how much is there between the ES2 and the Rookie S (the non-aileron version)? My RC-pusher is carrying the Rookie for €85 while the ES2 is listed at €140. That's an awful lot for 2 servos and a folding prop. Btw. it's ironic that the ES2 gains a folding prop, while Graupner UHU had that already many years ago..
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:08 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Jürgen, maybe you already have some insider info, how much is there between the ES2 and the Rookie S (the non-aileron version)? My RC-pusher is carrying the Rookie for €85 while the ES2 is listed at €140. That's an awful lot for 2 servos and a folding prop. Btw. it's ironic that the ES2 gains a folding prop, while Graupner UHU had that already many years ago..
AFAIK the list price of the EasyStar II kit is €69.90 - without the drive system. If your dealer list the EasyStar II at €140.-, it is most likely the assembled RR version, with drive system and servos (list price €154,90).

As mentioned before, the folding prop is most likely a necessity due to the bigger prop diameter. Graupner's Elektro UHU has much less drag than an EasyStar, so even a small folding prop is beneficial.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Nov 07, 2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: price for RR version added
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:48 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornel4web View Post
Elektro Rookie from Graupner from almost 2 years now...also a better motorisation included in kit...:P
Do you have some specs?? If you do, please share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
AFAIK the list price of the EasyStar II kit is €69.95 - without the drive system. If your dealer list the EasyStar II at €140.-, it is most likely the assembled RR version, with drive system and servos.

As mentioned before, the folding prop is most likely a necessity due to the bigger prop diameter. Graupner's Elektro UHU has much less drag than an EasyStar, so even a small folding prop is beneficial.

Jürgen
Thanks, yes, indeed, I was comparing the RR to the Rookie S. The ES2 kit is listed at €62, the RR at 140. The Rookie S sits comfy between at €85 incl. a BL motor + ESC... AFAICT, the only difference between the Rookie S and the RR is the two servos (and the RR being assembled).
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:51 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,382 Posts
Anyone know if this is available in North America now? - The kit / frame only.
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:33 AM
Wish I could fly for real
United States, HI, Waimea
Joined Jan 2009
98 Posts
i will buy the easy star 2 when it is available in usa. the old easy star was good too since it could be modified to fly like this easy star 2
HeliFanatic is offline Find More Posts by HeliFanatic
Old Nov 07, 2011, 03:44 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Instruction Manual EasyStar II ...

... now available as download:

http://www.multiplex-rc.de/service/d...ush&docID=2514

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
Old Nov 07, 2011, 04:58 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
... now available as download:

http://www.multiplex-rc.de/service/d...ush&docID=2514

Jürgen
Thanks for the hint, it looks like Mpx went for the Minimag/ Twinstar motor, the specs are:

Aussenläufer PERMAX BL-O 2830-1100 ohne Zubehör /- Multiplex: 333108

PERMAX BL-O
Günstige Motoren der 175 bzw. 235 Watt-Klasse, geeignet für Segelflugmodelle bis zu 1800g (# 33 3116) sowie für 3D-Flugmodelle von ca. 500g bis 700g, für Kunstflugmodelle bis 900g oder Trainermodelle bis ca. 1100g (# 33 3108).

Dieser 235 Watt-Motor kommt u.a. in den Antriebssätzen "MiniMag BRUSHLESS" und "TwinStar II BRUSHLESS" zum Einsatz.

Technische Daten:
- Spez. Motor Drehzahl (U/min/V): 1100
- Zellenzahl (NiCd / NiMh): 6 - 12
- Zellenzahl (LiPo): 2S - 4S
- optimaler Arbeitsbereich (A): 10 - 15
- Max. Strom (A) für 15 sec.: 18
- Durchmesser (mm): 28
- Länge (mm): 30
- Gewicht (g).: 52
- Wellendurchmesser (mm): 3,2
- Befestigung: Ř 19-16mm/4 x M3

With the right prop on 4 cells + ailerons, it could actually become a frisky fella'. A speed demon, nay.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 06:31 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
First non commercial video ...

MULTIPLEX EasyStar II - First Flight - www.mpx-easystar.de - 2011-11-06.mpg (4 min 9 sec)

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:54 AM
Joined Aug 2006
719 Posts
Yippie, no more grey foam. Never liked the grey colour, much prefered the original blue foam.

I wish they would also make some in orange, like the little fox chuck glider, or at least make orange wings and tail available as spare parts. I think a white fuzz with orange wings/tail would look rather nice. Yes I know you can spray them, as I did with my grey kit, but it adds weight, takes time/money & rubs off a bit over time etc etc, so it would be nice if they were molded orange or maybe some other nice loud visable colour in the first place.
ukpaul is offline Find More Posts by ukpaul
Old Nov 12, 2011, 01:11 AM
jluther
Rural mountains of north Idaho
Joined Jul 2006
23 Posts
I have two friends who backpack their ES in the mountains and the removable stab will be welcome for them. I do professional aerial photography with my set of ESs and I've developed the removable stab so I can fit two planes and full back-up for radios and other equipment in a box I can fly commercial airline with.
jluther is offline Find More Posts by jluther
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:19 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,317 Posts
IMHO, I think the removable horizontal stab is the useful "upgrade".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluther View Post
I've developed the removable stab so I can fit two planes and full back-up for radios and other equipment in a box I can fly commercial airline with.
Please share your set-up. Here's mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Our EZ*'s are transported in a modified underbed box:

I modified my original BWEZ* (currently configured as our super simple trainer) to make the horizontal stab removable. This allows the set-up to lay flat, in an unmodified under bed box. Because of the neater form factor, an unmodified box is significantly stronger, attracts less attention, and transports better. As well, I think I can pack the entire kit, plane, ground station, RC, ground support equipment, and tools all in the same box. This would make things easier, especially when traveling in commercial aircraft charging for each piece of luggage...

It was relatively simple.

1. Remove the horizontal stab. I used a sharp Xacto knife and a bit of twisting. I probably could have used CA remover. But, I did not want to deal with the mess. (This step of course is not necessary if building from scratch).

2. Replace the Multiplex control horn with a standard dubro park flyer control horn.

3. Bend the elevator control wire 90 degrees at the correct length and install a Dubro Micro EZ link connectors.

4. Notch out a flat "step" under the tail so the nylon bolt head sits on a flat surface and is protected from the ground on touchdown.

5. Puncture a hole through the fuselage and the horizontal stab to fit the 2 inch nylon bolt.

6. Dry fit the entire assembly. Note the required length and trim the bolt to the proper length. I used a hack saw then sanded the edges down. Note where the bolt touches the vertical stab and cut out a notch where the bolt can sit snugly. CA the bolt to the vertical stab. This keeps the bolt from spinning and will hold the vertical stab's aft end to the rest of the airplane, assuring lateral stability.

7. I added flat plastic cut-outs made from old credit cards between the bolt and the horizontal stab, as well as the bolt head and the aft fuselage to distribute the loads a bit.

There you have it! Removable tail...One bolt and an EZ clip to disconnect and connect to remove the horizontal stab...takes about 1 minute...

I flew it today, and did not notice anything different.
The question now is: How long will it last?
If it proves to be a durable mod, I'll do the same on my "mission" bird. Fortunately, if it doesn't work out, all I have to do is glue it all back together again...lols....

Thanks!
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:35 AM
jluther
Rural mountains of north Idaho
Joined Jul 2006
23 Posts
Nice set-up. I'm getting ready for a weeks worth of winter flying on my major highway construction project and a three mile long over-water shoreline DEQ job. I'll disassemble my planes into the box and post the pics after the work and during repairs.
jluther is offline Find More Posts by jluther
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:04 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Please share your set-up. Here's mine:
Can we please not do that.

This thread should be about the EasyStar II. There are already many threads for the old version.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member