HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:08 PM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
For the short time I have paint on my kart it doesn't matter. The clear won't change or show yellow for a long time by then its time for a new coat. Buy whats easiest but buy brand name. Cheap 99 cent paints won't last long. Needless to say stay on that is.

Motty.
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:23 PM
Elfie
Joined Feb 2012
102 Posts
What about auto paints will I be ok using them on my plastics?
Elfie is offline Find More Posts by Elfie
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:05 PM
n2kartracing
AL
Joined Mar 2009
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfie View Post
What about auto paints will I be ok using them on my plastics?
Bro the best colors are auto paints. Hit your local auto parts store and see what they have on the shelf for can paint. You'll find mostly basic colors but I've seen some killer colors at Autozones and Napa stores.

N2
n2rckarting is offline Find More Posts by n2rckarting
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:14 PM
MightyDog
Southern state of Alabama
Joined Jan 2010
221 Posts
We used Auto Match for my sons kart. One of the locals told us about it. It goes on great but word of advice use thin coats. You'll also need a can of clear to cover the paint for gloss.

DigDug
DigDug is offline Find More Posts by DigDug
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:50 PM
Joined Dec 2009
218 Posts
If you race what who's worring about looks? Its bound to get scratched by other drivers. It'll happen whether you like it or not.

Motty
motty is offline Find More Posts by motty
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:01 PM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
I printed off my stickers last night but I'm not happy with the colors. Once there on the kart they loose there color. There not as bright. My nephews on his way over and he wants to see what he can do.

D
bigdonald is offline Find More Posts by bigdonald
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:19 PM
Cakeman
Joined Feb 2010
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonald View Post
I printed off my stickers last night but I'm not happy with the colors. Once there on the kart they loose there color. There not as bright. My nephews on his way over and he wants to see what he can do.

D

Clear does that D unless its screened on. If you use a white backing instead of clear the colors will be brighter.

Cakeman
cakeman is offline Find More Posts by cakeman
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:34 PM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
I did use clear but the colors are dull when I put them on. Alex my nephew said it the colors of my kart showing through the stickers. With my kart being dark blue the blue darkens the color of what ever I print. We're trying water slide decals when he comes back over and see how they work.

D
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:50 AM
Joined Aug 2010
185 Posts
We found the clear is whats changing the colors. My advice is use a white backing or paint your kart white to make your colors brighter. Waterslides did the same as we wasted another ten bucks and change.

D