SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:05 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad57 View Post
Am I serious? As a heart attack. What's with all the secrecy? Are we talking military hardware here? Didn't Walkera already beat them to the punch on flybarless? Suppose I had decided to go Walkera, because Blade didn't have a flybarless coming. I could have turned into a lifetime Walkera customer, instead of a lifetime Blade customer.

You understand my frustration do you? I hope they understand my frustration too. Frustrating potential customers is never good business. If I had had the mSR for a few months, I'd be saying, "C'est la vie", but four weeks?

Again, what's with all the secrecy? How many people have bought Walkera because they didn't know that Blade had something coming out that was worth waiting for? Wanna guess? How many sales lost? If I were living in the U.S., they would have lost at least one.

Regards,

Nomad
By the time you can actually buy it in stores it will have been "a few months."
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:12 PM
Joined Sep 2010
74 Posts
So we can expect a 120srx by spring????
Jakk is online now Find More Posts by Jakk
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:33 PM
mCPx
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
So, "AS3X" means it will have the same gyro system as the mCPx, which begins to drift backward halfway into the flight? I hope this one won't require re-trimming 2 minutes in...
I used to have the backward drift on my mCPx until I made sure my cyclic trims are all centered and the battery goes all the way in its holder (i.e. black part of the battery right up against holder viewing from the bottom-up, no sticker part of the battery can be seen between black part of battery and holder, and yes it takes extra force to push the battery all the way in and pulling the battery downward while pushing in helps). And I have no tail mod so my mCPx is a bit nose heavy (which is what I want). The AS3X works so well that we may sometimes lose sight of subtrim and CG.
Race Miata is online now Find More Posts by Race Miata
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:37 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
I'm struggling with a heli this is listed as 'indoor/outdoor' by HH, which cannot be taken outside. Winds above 3 mph and it doesn't fly right.
I flew the snot out of my mSR outdoors for months in all kinds of wind before getting the mCP-X. I too thought there was something wrong with the heli at first (seemed quirky outdoors), but I soon learned the problem wasn't the heli, it was my lack of heli flying skills! Outdoor fast forward flight takes a completely different skillset than hovering and puttering around indoors. Once I understood that you cannot steer the mSR by tail alone in forward flight but must instead use coordinated turns (mixing tail inputs with cyclic) life got a lot easier from there and I started to appreciate what a nice little flyer it is. The dive-of-death was always an issue though, I got to where I could compensate for it but it was a juggling act. Once you master the mSR in all orientations and FFF, transitioning to the mCP-X is a breeze.

Quote:
Yes, I have a question: Why is it, that when I phoned HH four weeks ago and asked if a flybarless mSR was forthcoming, I was told that there was nothing like that in the works? I told the rep on the phone that this is what I wanted. Now I have an mSR that I don't want.
It is HIGHLY unlikely that their phone support people know anything about the "secret" projects until they are already out. HH keeps a tight lid on product announcements, I've never heard a single product leaked before the official announcement. And as Pimpbaa said, if you're struggling with the mSR it's doubtful you'll like the mSR-X any better. Dave at HH said the mSR-X is more of an intermediate flyer, it's between the mSR and the mCP-X. They did not discontinue the mSR (at least, not yet), so this isn't a replacement, it's a different model.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:52 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,030 Posts
This could be interesting if it does indeed not have pendulum effect anymore, will handle more winds, NO TBE ect.

Price isnt that bad either really.

I like the new cheap lipos as well 25C at 3.99

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ID=EFLB1501S25
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:02 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
I was referring to the type of drift that occurs several minutes into the flight-- The flight begins with a perfectly level hover with no drift, then progressively gets worse toward the end of the flight, acting as if the user has added four clicks of backward cyclic trim. Just like the mSR's rudder trim drift issue, unplugging the battery and plugging back in before resuming flight "fixes" it. Unacceptable!

This is very well-documented with the mCPx and the AS3X flybarless system. I own an mSR AND a mCPx, so I know what I'm talking about.

I sure hope they've corrected this glitch with the next-generation mSR x.
Any comment from the Horizon gallery?
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:12 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
I told you so!

Months ago, I predicted HH would be introducing a new version of the mSR but several of the mCPx fan boys jumped in right away and said that wouldn't happen! Ha! It seems that they don't know HH very well, and now I make a new prediction.

In a not too distance future we'll see an mCX3 from HH, and hopefully, they'll fix that left turn "death wobble", and a new battery mounting position which will allow for longer cells to fit without interfering with the servo gears. Yahoo...a lot of good stuff coming down the pipeline!

Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:14 PM
Horizon Hobby
Champaign, il
Joined Oct 2003
71 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I have a question: Why is it, that when I phoned HH four weeks ago and asked if a flybarless mSR was forthcoming, I was told that there was nothing like that in the works? I told the rep on the phone that this is what I wanted. Now I have an mSR that I don't want.

Nomad
Nomad,

We keep that information quiet untill we are ready to announce not even the reps know untill we tell them.
gijoe is offline Find More Posts by gijoe
Last edited by gijoe; Oct 20, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:19 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,030 Posts
what will be replacing the CX3?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:21 PM
Horizon Hobby
Champaign, il
Joined Oct 2003
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpbaa View Post
Is the AS3X gyro system better than whats in the mCP X? And are we going to see an update to that model with the AS3X system? Anyway, it being a totally different flying experience definitely has me more interested. It even looks completely different "under the hood" with it's bigger sideways mounted circuit board. Only thing I don't like looking at the pics are the main blades. The matte finish with the white graphics on it look so much better on the old model. The new blades look all shiny and cheap.
The mCP X has diffrent programing than the mSR X, the mCP X is a collective pitch heli so there is no compairson. The blades were designed to make the mSR X very manuverable, they will not give you that kite affect when flying outdoors and when you get in in your hands you will love it.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:28 PM
Horizon Hobby
Champaign, il
Joined Oct 2003
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
This could be interesting if it does indeed not have pendulum effect anymore, will handle more winds, NO TBE ect.

Price isnt that bad either really.

I like the new cheap lipos as well 25C at 3.99

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ID=EFLB1501S25
The new 150 mAh packs are very good!! the 120 mAh will not give you good flight time on the mSR X
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:39 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,030 Posts
I hope so; its good that HH finally lowered the price of there lipos as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
The new 150 mAh packs are very good!! the 120 mAh will not give you good flight time on the mSR X
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:50 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,288 Posts
I know I will be getting one. My msr has been through hell, and now suffers the rudder trim saga. 2 new tails didn't help either. Trim one way, trim the other way. Ughh. Seems the boards have discrepencies.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:52 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,030 Posts
Mine did the same thing.

BUT

it has many good flights on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I know I will be getting one. My msr has been through hell, and now suffers the rudder trim saga. 2 new tails didn't help either. Trim one way, trim the other way. Ughh. Seems the boards have discrepencies.

J
Old Oct 20, 2011, 07:03 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2011
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
do you think they would let your trade it in for the new msr ?
No, they won't, but we have reached a satisfactory resolution.

Nomad
Nomad57 is offline Find More Posts by Nomad57