HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:42 PM
United States, NJ, Lumberton
Joined May 2010
89 Posts
No more toilet bowl effect or pendulum effect Do you really think the lack of self righting will make this harder to learn on? I'm certainly no pro, but I often find the mCPX and V120D02 easier to hover than the mSR, if the rates are turned down enough. Nowadays most of my mSR crashes are caused by that pendulum effect. It gets swingin' & I can't make it stop! I learned to fly in a small house, the walls stopped my mSR long before any self-stabilizing tendencies had a chance to work Hope the new mSR X keeps the old models crash resistance. Several hundred crashes before my 1st broken part

Ed
The Doktor is offline Find More Posts by The Doktor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:43 PM
Intermediate rc plane pilot
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by interplanet View Post
not many more gaps to fill as far as products go.
Blade could use some more helis with scale bodies, particularly in the micro range. Really love how my mcx2 looks (full body with navigation lights) even though it's kinda boring for me to fly now.
Pimpbaa is offline Find More Posts by Pimpbaa
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:52 PM
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doktor View Post
No more toilet bowl effect or pendulum effect Do you really think the lack of self righting will make this harder to learn on? I'm certainly no pro, but I often find the mCPX and V120D02 easier to hover than the mSR, if the rates are turned down enough. Nowadays most of my mSR crashes are caused by that pendulum effect. It gets swingin' & I can't make it stop! I learned to fly in a small house, the walls stopped my mSR long before any self-stabilizing tendencies had a chance to work Hope the new mSR X keeps the old models crash resistance. Several hundred crashes before my 1st broken part

Ed
The flybar saved my ass a few times. But I would gladly trade that for less mechanical issues to worry about.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:58 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doktor View Post
Nowadays most of my mSR crashes are caused by that pendulum effect. It gets swingin' & I can't make it stop!
This is usually the fault of weak cyclic response-- by design, and aggravated by normal parts wear. There's not enough cyclic authority to stop pitch-up, or "bring it back" without some mods.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:02 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2011
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpbaa View Post
You want a heli that's harder to fly than the one you are struggling with?
I'm not struggling with the heli. I'm struggling with that ridiculous flybar, and the 'dive of death'.

I'm struggling with a heli this is listed as 'indoor/outdoor' by HH, which cannot be taken outside. Winds above 3 mph and it doesn't fly right.

Nomad

Edit: I think some of my 'struggles' with this machine are due to a bad servo. I have replacement parts on the way.
Nomad57 is offline Find More Posts by Nomad57
Last edited by Nomad57; Oct 20, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:04 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2011
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
lol as if they where going to tell you hey i could have told you one was in the works if you would have asked
I posted this previously, "I had been reading about the Walkeras, and how their product quality had improved of late. I was especially interested in their flybarless models. The problem is, you can't get them in Canada."

Nomad
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:04 PM
Horizon Hobby
Champaign, il
Joined Oct 2003
71 Posts
Hello guys and thank you for the intrest in the new Blade mSR X.

My name is Raymon Robinson and I am apart of the Blade Heli Product Development team. I have to say we put a lot of time into making the mSR X a
fun helicopter to fly, with the new AS3X gyro system it does not have any of the flying characteristics of the mSR it is a totally different fly experance the name is the only thing that these two helicopters have in common with each other. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will respond to all question as soon as I can, I will be attending the I Hobby show this weekend so come and see me and I will give you a demo of the flight performance.
gijoe is offline Find More Posts by gijoe
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:08 PM
Horizon Hobby
Champaign, il
Joined Oct 2003
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad57 View Post
I'm not struggling with the heli. I'm struggling with that ridiculous flybar, and the 'dive of death'.

I'm struggling with a heli this is listed as 'indoor/outdoor' by HH, which cannot be taken outside. Winds above 3 mph and it doesn't fly right.

Nomad
The mSR X feels like flying a collective heli, it is very responsive and does not have the dive of death lol. I do have to say you will be very hands on while flying the mSR X.
gijoe is offline Find More Posts by gijoe
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:11 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2011
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I agree with both statements. I think it will make the helicopter itself actually easier to fly. What will make it harder for newer pilots and people first entering the fp realm is the lack of it having "self righting" tendencies. Because the reality is the original msr did have some little tendencies that in the long run could be considered a help to newer pilots, but frustrating for others. The removal of the flybar and using a 3 axis system will remove those tendencies, so in essence where you point it is where it's going to go and if you are heading forward and "let go" the weight of the flybar isn't going to help in bringing the helicopter back.
I agree. That's why I wanted flybarless. My understanding was: mSR=too easy
mCP X=too difficult. Something in between would have been perfect.

Nomad
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:15 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2011
579 Posts
Post deleted.
Last edited by Nomad57; Nov 04, 2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
Hello guys and thank you for the intrest in the new Blade mSR X.

My name is Raymon Robinson and I am apart of the Blade Heli Product Development team. I have to say we put a lot of time into making the mSR X a
fun helicopter to fly, with the new AS3X gyro system it does not have any of the flying characteristics of the mSR it is a totally different fly experance the name is the only thing that these two helicopters have in common with each other. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will respond to all question as soon as I can, I will be attending the I Hobby show this weekend so come and see me and I will give you a demo of the flight performance.
Is the AS3X gyro system better than whats in the mCP X? And are we going to see an update to that model with the AS3X system? Anyway, it being a totally different flying experience definitely has me more interested. It even looks completely different "under the hood" with it's bigger sideways mounted circuit board. Only thing I don't like looking at the pics are the main blades. The matte finish with the white graphics on it look so much better on the old model. The new blades look all shiny and cheap.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
Joined Mar 2011
213 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I have a question: Why is it, that when I phoned HH four weeks ago and asked if a flybarless mSR was forthcoming, I was told that there was nothing like that in the works? I told the rep on the phone that this is what I wanted. Now I have an mSR that I don't want.

Nomad
Nomad, are you serious?.....I mean I can understand your frustration with having bought the mSR, but did you expect him/her to say "well, keep this under your hat because this is still under wraps but - YESSSS!".....How long do you suppose that person would still be working there?
Coptafeel is offline Find More Posts by Coptafeel
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:19 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2011
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coptafeel View Post
Nomad, are you serious?.....I mean I can understand your frustration with having bought the mSR, but did you expect him/her to say "well, keep this under your hat because this is still under wraps but - YESSSS!".....How long do you suppose that person would still be working there?
Am I serious? As a heart attack. What's with all the secrecy? Are we talking military hardware here? Didn't Walkera already beat them to the punch on flybarless? Suppose I had decided to go Walkera, because Blade didn't have a flybarless coming. I could have turned into a lifetime Walkera customer, instead of a lifetime Blade customer.

You understand my frustration do you? I hope they understand my frustration too. Frustrating potential customers is never good business. If I had had the mSR for a few months, I'd be saying, "C'est la vie", but four weeks?

Again, what's with all the secrecy? How many people have bought Walkera because they didn't know that Blade had something coming out that was worth waiting for? Wanna guess? How many sales lost? If I were living in the U.S., they would have lost at least one.

Regards,

Nomad
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:51 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Am I serious? As a heart attack. What's with all the secrecy? Are we talking military hardware here? Didn't Walkera already beat them to the punch on flybarless? Suppose I had decided to go Walkera, because Blade didn't have a flybarless coming. I could have turned into a lifetime Walkera customer, instead of a lifetime Blade customer.

You understand my frustration do you? I hope they understand my frustration too. Frustrating potential customers is never good business. If I had had the mSR for a few months, I'd be saying, "C'est la vie", but four weeks?

Again, what's with all the secrecy? How many people have bought Walkera because they didn't know that Blade had something coming out that was worth waiting for? Wanna guess? How many sales lost? If I were living in the U.S., they would have lost at least one.

Regards,

Nomad
do you think they would let your trade it in for the new
msr ?
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:57 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
So, "AS3X" means it will have the same gyro system as the mCPx, which begins to drift backward halfway into the flight? I hope this one won't require re-trimming 2 minutes in...
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro