HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:09 AM
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Mar 2011
28 Posts
[QUOTE=Dave Eichstedt;19645070]Actually it's a BNF Basic, which means no battery or charger to keep costs down.

I will call attention to the new 150mAh, 25C Li-Po, however, that ships with the RTF. Excellent new battery.[/QUOTE

Which msr parts are inter changeable with the msr x? i think its going to be cool without the fly bar. more precision and less fighting the heli and more flying

Also if i get the bnf can i use my celectra charger from my mcp x to charge msr x lipos?,what adapter would i need.
scotty_88 is offline Find More Posts by scotty_88
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:39 AM
Scotland
Joined Sep 2009
66 Posts
I'll be getting one.
I take it the included tx
"•MLP4DSM 2.4GHz DSM2 4-Channel Transmitter with Batteries"
isn't buddyboxable with the DX4e that came with my mcpx?
Might be an excuse to finally splash out on a DX6i?
mortato is offline Find More Posts by mortato
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:59 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,257 Posts
Really excited about this. Just put my msr up for sale to put away money for this. I'm also a fixed wing flyer so the msr is just a casual flyer around the house and never had interest in really going cp so this will be a perfect upgrade.

Dave I am also interested in finding out what parts are interchangable with the original msr? I noticed that the board is now layed out sideways on the chassis vs. the forward mount that always destroyed the canopy's in the past, so that's a nice change.

Also what kind of difference are we looking at motor wise? I noticed it stated there were more powerful motors. More like a p-51 type motor with different teeth?

Looking forward to this product. If you need someone to do a review let me know as I would be more than happy to do a full fledged review on the product!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:28 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Looking forward to this product. If you need someone to do a review let me know as I would be more than happy to do a full fledged review on the product!
My thoughts exactly! I want to do a torture test and see if it does the flips, loops and rolls better than the msr, I'd think it would be much better without the flybar! I also have a swash plate mod ready to go as soon as I get it!
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:38 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2011
579 Posts
I bought my mSR four weeks ago. Before I did so, I phoned HH and asked if they had a flybarless mSR in the works. They had no info on this. Now it's here.
This was what I wanted.

Nomad
Nomad57 is offline Find More Posts by Nomad57
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad57 View Post
I bought my mSR four weeks ago. Before I did so, I phoned HH and asked if they had a flybarless mSR in the works. They had no info on this. Now it's here.
This was what I wanted.

Nomad
This is sad...
Perhaps they said so to prevent you from revealing the project here....
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:50 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Quote:
This was what I wanted.

Nomad
lol as if they where going to tell you hey i could have told you one was in the works if you would have asked
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:03 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,257 Posts
So the question is when will we get a flight video?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:38 PM
Intermediate rc plane pilot
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
This was what I wanted.

Nomad
You want a heli that's harder to fly than the one you are struggling with?
Pimpbaa is offline Find More Posts by Pimpbaa
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:51 PM
mCPx
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpbaa View Post
You want a heli that's harder to fly than the one you are struggling with?
I don't think the mSRx will be any harder, if not easier to fly than the mSR. The AS3X is not as much hype as people think. It's way more than compensate the twitchiness of FBL. It does help me CP-newbie a lot with my mCPx.
Race Miata is online now Find More Posts by Race Miata
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:58 PM
Intermediate rc plane pilot
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Miata View Post
I don't think the mSRx will be any harder, if not easier to fly than the mSR. The AS3X is not as much hype as people think. It's way more than compensate the twitchiness of FBL. It does help me CP-newbie a lot with my mCPx.
It won't auto stablize if you let go of the sticks, that alone will make it harder (for beginners mostly). I guess it would be easier for experience mSR pilots because they won't have to fight the flybar all the time.
Pimpbaa is offline Find More Posts by Pimpbaa
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:03 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,257 Posts
I agree with both statements. I think it will make the helicopter itself actually easier to fly. What will make it harder for newer pilots and people first entering the fp realm is the lack of it having "self righting" tendencies. Because the reality is the original msr did have some little tendencies that in the long run could be considered a help to newer pilots, but frustrating for others. The removal of the flybar and using a 3 axis system will remove those tendencies, so in essence where you point it is where it's going to go and if you are heading forward and "let go" the weight of the flybar isn't going to help in bringing the helicopter back.

I'm just so excited because it really does seem like this set up will pretty much remove all the negative tendencies from the original msr and will ultimately make the pilot feel like they are way more in control, since it seems this will get rid of some of the fighting against the original msr bad characteristics.

Also I will mention the chrome window area seems kind of cool, but I have to admit I'm a little jealous that the mcx 2 and the mcp X both got clear/smoked windows and this one didn't get it. I really think that having a "real" window helps make the helicopter seem a little less toyish.
Last edited by jlcamp7; Oct 20, 2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Pimpbaa got a post in before I finished typing. :)
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:15 PM
Joined Apr 2011
164 Posts
Quote:
This was what I wanted.

Nomad
Well, not exactly here yet. It has now been announced, but you can't actually get one yet. Maybe in a month, maybe in 4 months, only time will tell. Even if the person on the phone had knowledge of the upcoming mSRx, they would not have been able to release that information.

Rest assured, whatever helicopter you have today, there will always be a better one tomorrow. Enjoy the mSR you have today and when you have out grown it, see what is available then for you next heli. It might be an mSRx, or something even better!

-Chocula
Chocula is offline Find More Posts by Chocula
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:34 PM
Sheboygan Falls, WI
Joined Nov 2006
1,730 Posts
Hopefully a msr px, or msp x, or whatever is in the work, lets just say a msr sized cp. I dont know if they would try a 120 before a micro considering how many helis they have already, not many more gaps to fill as far as products go.
interplanet is offline Find More Posts by interplanet
Old Oct 20, 2011, 02:42 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
They already make one, been out since March-- The Blade mCPx Micro CP. It's a fantastic little heli.

This "new" mSR should take care of the temperature and voltage-related gryo drift tendencies the mSR suffers from. Even the mCPx has an un-explained tendency for the cyclic "trim" to drift backward over the duration of the flight. I hope this has been addressed with this new heli. It sounds like the perfect beginner heli.
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro