Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:22 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Ah, got it....

I enjoyed the video, but did not closely look at those particular moments yet... I wonder if the breeze, plus 'needs' was greater than authority/throw for elevator could provide... or stalled surface... if so, again, an apparent limitation of the Beast 3D's physical setup than odd behavior by the gyro/ASX... just speculating/thinking out loud...

I know I'm gonna be looking at more throw on elevator before next outing.
That's what I originally thought and it may be the right answer. Hard to say less I were to fly the V1 Beast back to back through the same maneuvers (assuming no material changes in wind conditions). Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

I just know from flying the V1 Beast that if anything, it would want to roll out of KE while in high alpha but I always had plenty of ability to turn it as much as I wanted.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:26 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
make sure you bring the video camera : ))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Turnerm,

Nice flying! Loved the long torque-rolls & hovers. The torque-rolling tail-slide was very cool! Things came up, so I didn't get a chance to fly today. Wind was in the teens with gusts in the mid-20s, so it was just as well. I plan to make a day of it tomorrow, though. Wind is supposed to be 5-10 MPH, with temps in the low-30s. Should be a great day to fly! I plan to also fly the B3D with the V1 motor + 5043.

Was nice to hear the motor & environment. But you do pick great tunes, and they seem to fit your flights.

Joel
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:36 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
In other words, if I didn't keep my wombs perpendicular...
I find it has more to do with the angle of the tongue than the womb

I'm very impressed with that video Turnerm, even though you had issues with it, may be the one that makes me pull the trigger. In the main the knife edges looked good and that's the most sustained hovers I've seen and the torques where nice too. Have you flown yours indoors yet? I see you hovers drifted in what I presume was just a slight breeze, I'd like to see if you could hover on the spot in dead air.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:01 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,785 Posts
I see some of you guys have noticed that the AS3X system fights with you in some instances.

Sorry but it made me chuckle, I was trying some full size aerobatics in my glider when a chandelle [unexpectedly!] turned into a stall turn... All I heard from the back is the instructor trying to keep calm while shouting "I HAVE CONTROL" at the top of his voice while he rescued me

So back to the point. I'm gonna make a little device that puts a speaker onto the AS3X board so it shouts I have control at you when it fights you, that way you know that you have goofed up and should just let it rescue you.
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:11 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
I see some of you guys have noticed that the AS3X system fights with you in some instances.

Sorry but it made me chuckle, I was trying some full size aerobatics in my glider when a chandelle [unexpectedly!] turned into a stall turn... All I heard from the back is the instructor trying to keep calm while shouting "I HAVE CONTROL" at the top of his voice while he rescued me

So back to the point. I'm gonna make a little device that puts a speaker onto the AS3X board so it shouts I have control at you when it fights you, that way you know that you have goofed up and should just let it rescue you.
LOL like it
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:27 AM
FUENGIROLA (MALAGA) Spain
Joined Dec 2006
159 Posts
Lol:d:d
juerwotow is offline Find More Posts by juerwotow
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:52 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
well guys i'm getting the Hyper Taxi next week to do a ChuckT review will be an interesting maiden thats for sure

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:02 AM
FUENGIROLA (MALAGA) Spain
Joined Dec 2006
159 Posts
Hello!! I am also interested in the taxi, can you put the vid or the thread when you make it? please?
THX
juerwotow is offline Find More Posts by juerwotow
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:43 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
I find it has more to do with the angle of the tongue than the womb

I'm very impressed with that video Turnerm, even though you had issues with it, may be the one that makes me pull the trigger. In the main the knife edges looked good and that's the most sustained hovers I've seen and the torques where nice too. Have you flown yours indoors yet? I see you hovers drifted in what I presume was just a slight breeze, I'd like to see if you could hover on the spot in dead air.
Yea... Those wombs are trouble!!

Thanks for the compliment. I've never flown anything indoors. I need to see if there is a spot to do that around here. There was wind of about 6-8mph during that flight so the drifting was definitely because of the wind. Ive been able to hover in place in calmer conditions.

It takes nearly full right aileron to keep it from torque rolling and sometimes it torques so hard that you can't stop it.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:44 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
well guys i'm getting the Hyper Taxi next week to do a ChuckT review will be an interesting maiden thats for sure

cheers chuck
Although I'm pretty certan that I won't be buying the Hyper Taxi, I'm still curious to see your review of it. So let us know when it's up!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:02 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,943 Posts
Unfortunate that so much of the indoor season will have passed before the Taxi is available!
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:58 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,785 Posts
Didn't realise indoor flying was a seasonal thing!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:59 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Didn't realise indoor flying was a seasonal thing!
LOL

I guess I'd say it's more that outdoor flying is a seasonal thing!

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:09 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,785 Posts
Yup

But you had better be a great Taxi Driver to take one of these outdoors
RCG Plus Member