HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Anyone got a video to share yet? I've seen all the pre-release videos but none in the hands of one of us mere mortals yet!
my buddy was supposed to be taking vid of my harrier, knife egde (which requires quite a bit of forward speed) and the rolls, etc... but he never started the recorder.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:42 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,457 Posts
Quote:
Anyone got a video to share yet? I've seen all the pre-release videos but none in the hands of one of us mere mortals yet!
My #11 cam isn't here yet and the wife is too busy unpacking... just moved in!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:51 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2005
1,015 Posts
Simo71,

If you are looking for a great flying indoor 3D plane that hovers great, get the UMX Extra using Hyperion 180's. That's a wonderful flying plane but limited to indoors or 3mph winds.

Alan
TexasFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TexasFlyer
Old Dec 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
my buddy was supposed to be taking vid of my harrier, knife egde (which requires quite a bit of forward speed) and the rolls, etc... But he never started the recorder.
doh!! :d
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 11, 2011, 01:21 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
My #11 cam isn't here yet and the wife is too busy unpacking... just moved in!
Ah! The married man now!! How's married life treating you?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:01 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,457 Posts
Quote:
Ah! The married man now!! How's married life treating you?
Really great! We're doing very well. There's the practical teamwork too. But it's only 1.5 months old... thanks for asking!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Yes, I did move the ailerons in one hole after the second of three flights... it seemed to help a little.

I did read the manual about the servo travel, so that is why I didn't adjust that. My question was based on your recommendation to increase the dual rates, and I was wondering this: Isn't increasing the dual rates over 100% the SAME as increasing the Travel Adjust which the manual didn't recommend?

I'm plenty nice... just annoyed when right after I take the time to write a detailed flight report, (and others did as well) that someone comes in blind and asks how the plane flies?

Didn't mean to hurt any feelings.

SORRY Nice thing would have been to give me a link to your post and just YOUR post. I came here read about 5 pages decided to jump to the last page

Just found your lil post, well so it sounds like it doesn't fly any better then the v1 beast, I can hover mine , harrier great. slow flight is awesome, and has unlimited vertical with the stock prop. I even can fly mine in about 10MPH + winds w/o issue
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:40 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,940 Posts
Quote:
Still waiting for my Beast - otherwise I'd have some video on 'Tube by now! I brought my tx, hatcam, and a few freshly-charged Hyp 180 2s packs to work with me every day last week - just so I'd be able to maiden it in the LHS parking lot & get some video before dusk, if I got the call.

It's supposed to be in the high 30s with light winds on Mon & Tues, with freezing drizzle on Mon. Hope the wx is decent when I get mine. I don't want a repeat of last year. When I maidened my first V1 Beast on 11/20/2010, the temp was +15 F & the wind was 10 MPH - gusting to 17. And I didn't have a tx mitt.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:00 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
SORRY Nice thing would have been to give me a link to your post and just YOUR post. I came here read about 5 pages decided to jump to the last page

Just found your lil post, well so it sounds like it doesn't fly any better then the v1 beast, I can hover mine , harrier great. slow flight is awesome, and has unlimited vertical with the stock prop. I even can fly mine in about 10MPH + winds w/o issue
You sure got a different v1 beast than the 2 I got. Absolutely no way my v1's have unlimited vertical with the stock prop. With the 5043, though, they drill holes in the sky. I can fly them fine in 10mph winds but I don't find it much fun.

It'd be nice to see the V1 hover sometime if you have or can make a video. I'd like to see how twitchy it is, etc.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:10 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
I can hover mine , harrier great. slow flight is awesome, and has unlimited vertical with the stock prop. I even can fly mine in about 10MPH + winds w/o issue
You're the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:52 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Still waiting for my Beast - otherwise I'd have some video on 'Tube by now! I brought my tx, hatcam, and a few freshly-charged Hyp 180 2s packs to work with me every day last week - just so I'd be able to maiden it in the LHS parking lot & get some video before dusk, if I got the call.

It's supposed to be in the high 30s with light winds on Mon & Tues, with freezing drizzle on Mon. Hope the wx is decent when I get mine. I don't want a repeat of last year. When I maidened my first V1 Beast on 11/20/2010, the temp was +15 F & the wind was 10 MPH - gusting to 17. And I didn't have a tx mitt.

Joel
Can't wait to see you putting her through the paces Joel. It's killing me knowing that mine is wrapped up and just waiting on me to open it on Christmas morning!! But... The again, it's pretty cool to know ill feel like a kid again on Christmas!!

My wife is enjoying the torture treatment!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:56 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
My wife is enjoying the torture treatment!
That sort of talk is for a whole different forum
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Dec 11, 2011, 05:29 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviefly View Post
that sort of talk is for a whole different forum
lol! :d
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:36 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
whats the stock prop size?
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:27 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,000 Posts
The new beast seemed to get the official seal of disapproval among the locals here today. Our local king of 3d tried his out indoors and left with the pieces with the intent of finding a donor frame for the electronics. Seems that the extra weight made it even more fragile than the original. The flight report was that it was less sensitive than the original, but did not approach 3d level for his skills. He couldn't get it into a hover, tried changing the control rods for more throws and still couldn't. A few slight miscues later and it was pretty well trashed. Wish he would have tried it outdoors in some wind first so I could see how that worked out.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly