Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:59 AM
Brazil, São Paulo, Santos
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
Thanks for the info guys

Brian,
If i remember correctly on the T-28 I am using about 40% expo on ailerons and elevator and 50% on rudder

Just checked the tracking of my parcel and it has arrived in the country, problem now is customs. It can take weeks!

Anxious to fly the B3D.............although not for any 3D because i know nothing about it, but hopefully for some well controlled aerobatics

At my age and not having had many stick hours, things dont just happen anymore
MozFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MozFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:17 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MozFlyer View Post
Thanks for the info guys

Brian,
If i remember correctly on the T-28 I am using about 40% expo on ailerons and elevator and 50% on rudder

Just checked the tracking of my parcel and it has arrived in the country, problem now is customs. It can take weeks!

Anxious to fly the B3D.............although not for any 3D because i know nothing about it, but hopefully for some well controlled aerobatics

At my age and not having had many stick hours, things dont just happen anymore
That seems like a lot of expo for the T-28 it is a pretty docile plane to begin with. But it is mainly just personal preference. To get a similar feel I'd start with 20-30% expo with the B3D, Once you get the hang of it I'd slowly start dialing it down a bit, Though leaving it at around 20% should be fine.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:31 AM
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
I agree with you. Indeed it is a lot of expo but i feel more comfortable with it because i am tired of crashing and only after i started using highish expo i manage to keep my planes in good shape, but soon i will start reducing the expo.....as you mention
Problem was also that only recently i got the DX6i. Was using a DX5 before

Anyway, thanks for the comments. They were very useful

Will report back when i fly the B3D
I intend to do a few tests because i also ordered the GWS props and a spare Beast V1 motor

Carlos
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:03 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MozFlyer View Post
I agree with you. Indeed it is a lot of expo but i feel more comfortable with it because i am tired of crashing and only after i started using highish expo i manage to keep my planes in good shape, but soon i will start reducing the expo.....as you mention
Problem was also that only recently i got the DX6i. Was using a DX5 before

Anyway, thanks for the comments. They were very useful

Will report back when i fly the B3D
I intend to do a few tests because i also ordered the GWS props and a spare Beast V1 motor

Carlos
No testing needed the V1 2300kv motor and a GWS 5043 prop will get you over 30% more power as long as you're using a quality battery. I'd recommend Hyperion 240mAh packs. I don't know if RCBabbel can ship them to your location but you can PM him and ask. He makes a lightened version that will save you a couple grams.

-----
For those of you not following the CC thread...
New Twist on AS3X!! A custom software that allows independent incremental gain adjustment on each surface and (possibly) a way to enable and disable the gyros remotely using channel 5. Also stick override priority for each axis as well.

Software here. I am hosting this at my personal webserver. Files have been scanned with Kaspersky 2013 and clean of malware/spyware/virus.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:58 PM
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
Overlander battery

Has anyone heard of or used this battery?

Overlander Sport 200 2S 7.4 20C
Length 33mm
Width 20mm
Depth 10 mm
Battery Capacity 200 mA
Discharge Rate >20C Constant

I have ordered some for my B3D
They are from the UK and i have read some favourable reports from UK guys

They come with 2 leads
I will probably cut 1 of them off to save some weight

Carlos
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:14 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,971 Posts
If you are ordering from the UK then I would advise you to look into Miniaviation products. I use them on all my UMs, along with some BabbelBatts.

Tony
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:34 PM
Joined May 2009
69 Posts
Hi Tony,

I looked at the Miniaviation ones but i had already ordered 10 of the Overlander because the guys (Steve Web Models), told me they had used them on the UMX Stryker and they performed very well, so i decided to leave them for the next order from the UK
BTW, i did get a couple of 5043 and 5030 props and 6 way parallel charger plugs from Miniaviation

I am using the Overlander 1S on the T-28 and i am happy with them

Will report back on the 2S performance on the B3D

Cheers
Carlos
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:56 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2012
270 Posts
5043 prop

I have the 5030 prop on now and was wondering if the 5043 would be any better.
As I am new to all this would I notice a difference. Thanks for the information.
carbow is offline Find More Posts by carbow
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:39 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbow View Post
I have the 5030 prop on now and was wondering if the 5043 would be any better.
As I am new to all this would I notice a difference. Thanks for the information.
I believe it goes like this: the 5030 prop is for the 2800kV motor in the newer AS3X Beasts. The 5043 is for the 2300KV motor if you have that. Other than that, I think the 5043 would only help if you are flying at higher ground elevations above 5000ft. I"m awful rusty at this though. I know if I'm wrong here someone will speak up.
Mike
shastamike is online now Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:54 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
I believe it goes like this: the 5030 prop is for the 2800kV motor in the newer AS3X Beasts. The 5043 is for the 2300KV motor if you have that. Other than that, I think the 5043 would only help if you are flying at higher ground elevations above 5000ft. I"m awful rusty at this though. I know if I'm wrong here someone will speak up.
Mike
The only thing wrong is the new motors are 2500kv, not 2800kv. The 5043 just bogs them down too much unless, as you say, you are flying at higher elevations.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:50 AM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2012
270 Posts
about props

thanks for the information
carbow is offline Find More Posts by carbow
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:29 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
The only thing wrong is the new motors are 2500kv, not 2800kv. The 5043 just bogs them down too much unless, as you say, you are flying at higher elevations.
Dang..I knew I'd mess something up. Mis-information. Been too busy skiing to keep fresh on RC stuff. Good thing you guys keep an eye on me.
Mike
shastamike is online now Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:10 PM
plane demo expert
United States, CA, South Gate
Joined Nov 2012
40 Posts
Just received my wheel pants from Shapeways, these things look awesome! I am rebuilding my UMX Beast 3D, after lots of practice and many crashes it's time to replace the main wing, fuselage, rudder and elevator. Once its all done and ready I'll post up more pictures.
strows is offline Find More Posts by strows
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:34 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
I've had this broom for ten years and three, it's had seven new handles and ten new heads
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:10 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
I've had this broom for ten years and three, it's had seven new handles and ten new heads
Good one! I'm still chucking...

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member