SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:33 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I think I have 6 180 mah e-flite batteries, from when we first started the hobby, and before we learned about rcg.
Well, no wonder you're unhappy. I'd be unhappy too. Don't give up on the Beast 'till you've tried some Hyperions, or Minivations, or even Nano-techs... almost anything but those sucky E-flights. The Beast is a really super little plane. Give it a chance!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:08 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khooke View Post
This is my first electric - I got the eflite battery but on recommendation on here got a Hyperion and couldn't believe the difference. With no other changes it's night and day difference. I wouldn't recommend the eflite battery to anyone. In comparison to the Hyperion it's barely got any power.
what size hyperion's ?
GassPasser is online now Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:59 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GassPasser View Post
what size hyperion's ?
BabbelBat 180s on the V1 non AS3X beast and 240s or even 320s on the AS3X B3D. My favorite right now is the 3S BB320. Truly ridiculous power and 7 min flights. 2S BB240s for calmer days though.

PM RCBABBEL for the batteries. They are stripped down lightened Hyperion packs.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:34 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
677 Posts
i'll take 2 240's ...after few minutes ago the beast rocked in dead calm winds. loved it. !
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Man I miss my beast I just gave up after my fifth elevator servo locked up... I didnt even ask for a replacement this time as 1. its costing them more in shipping than the plane is worth to send out the boards 2. I wasnt willing to risk hitting someone with an out of control plane, regardless of how small it is. Maybe Ill have to try again and grab another this weekend
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:27 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
I just gave up after my fifth elevator servo locked up...
Yikes!!!! You likely checked already, but once you pull out the receiver, is the linkage for the elevator loose? I'm wondering if it's not too thight and rubbing against something?
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Aug 2004
135 Posts
Quote:
what size hyperion's ?
only the direct replacement 2s 180mah. I haven't tried the 3s yet... even still, so very surprised at the difference compared with the eflite. and what's more the eflite seems to be getting worse the more flights I put on it.
khooke is offline Find More Posts by khooke
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khooke View Post
only the direct replacement 2s 180mah. I haven't tried the 3s yet... even still, so very surprised at the difference compared with the eflite. and what's more the eflite seems to be getting worse the more flights I put on it.
Yup. Well known. I can't understand, from a marketing perspective, why HH would make such great products with such potential and then hobble them with crap batteries. They leave it to the rc community to uncover the true potential of their products! How many more could they sell if they came from the factory with the sparkling performance we get out of them with a simple battery and prop change??

I've just got to relate again the experience of flying my brother-in-law's Beast 3D on stock batteries. What a groaning slug it was! It could just keep maneuvering speed at 1/2 throttle and required full throttle for any good looking aerobatics. It felt like a real dud!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:32 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,425 Posts
I flew my dud batteries tonight...lots of fun weaving through the trees in the back yard. Good thing I avoided the trees...still fun. Anybody fly the V1 on 3S?
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:52 AM
Joined Dec 2010
7,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I flew my dud batteries tonight...lots of fun weaving through the trees in the back yard. Good thing I avoided the trees...still fun. Anybody fly the V1 on 3S?
Unlike the v2 you run the risk of burning up your brick with the v1.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:56 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
677 Posts
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
Man I miss my beast I just gave up after my fifth elevator servo locked up... I didnt even ask for a replacement this time as 1. its costing them more in shipping than the plane is worth to send out the boards 2. I wasnt willing to risk hitting someone with an out of control plane, regardless of how small it is. Maybe Ill have to try again and grab another this weekend
you probably just had a bad or a not-fully charged battery. thought mine was locking up, turned out to be the battery. mine fly great everytime now.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:59 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
677 Posts
how do you tell V1 from V2 ? i dont see anything on the box.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:12 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,175 Posts
Quote:
how do you tell V1 from V2 ? i dont see anything on the box.
V1 is non AS3X, V2 is the Beast 3D and has AS3X
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
677 Posts
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
V1 is non AS3X, V2 is the Beast 3D and has AS3X
cool, so im good try 3cell..good deal. this week has been good for the Beast. i have gotten alot better with it. i wan more POWER now.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,182 Posts
Quote:
cool, so im good try 3cell..good deal. this week has been good for the Beast. i have gotten alot better with it. i wan more POWER now.
Just fly your first 3S forays with defensive altitude until you see if it's gonna cut out on you. You want space to recover the throttle by returning it to zero for a few seconds. Fly like real aircraft... always have an escape plan.