HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2011, 09:23 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
My Hyp 2S 240s fit no problem in my V1 Beast.

Others have reported problems.

The new battery tray in the Beast 3D looks promising.

rc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaH62...layer_embedded
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I agree with rc... If we can fit our 240's into the V1 Beast then it shouldn't be a problem in the V2. Especially since they made the battery tray thinner.
Same here. I have four V1 Beasts. My homebrew Hyp 240 packs fit all of them - just barely, but they fit.

Supposed to be a high of +24 F with 14-30 MPH winds on Thursday. What do you guys think - should I maiden the Beast?

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Dec 05, 2011 at 09:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 01:09 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Joel,

No worries.

I'll proxy that maiden for ya!

KICS to all and to all a gd night.

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:01 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
getting ready! getting ready! The anticipation is feeding my ulcers! I've got the slot assigned and the name in, and ready to bind my DX-8!
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Old Dec 06, 2011, 08:53 AM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
get the video camera batteries charged!!! lol
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Dec 07, 2011, 02:36 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Ordered one at the LHS just today. So now I have to go through this and the original Beast thread and find out what batteries and charging cables I need and order a few.. Glad to see this is going to be out on time. The MSRx that I already have on order is apparently not going to be available until next month.

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Dec 07, 2011, 08:00 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
do you need to set control throws on this plane?
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:21 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
do you need to set control throws on this plane?
Dave,

There was no "need" to change the throws on the V1. Control throws depend upon one's flying style & preference. You can adjust the throws by putting the pushrods in the holes that suit your flying style. As always, you need to make sure the control surfaces are mechanically centered. You can also adjust tx rates & expo to your liking. Of course, you should never set servo travel or rates higher than 100% on your tx - as is the case with all linear servos.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 02:42 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Joel.

How does one go about mechanically centering the servos when there are no clevises? Can the arms or rods be adjusted mechanically in a linear servo? My thought was to adjust or center the surface via subtrim. Your thoughts?
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:13 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Quote:
Joel.

How does one go about mechanically centering the servos when there are no clevises? Can the arms or rods be adjusted mechanically in a linear servo? My thought was to adjust or center the surface via subtrim. Your thoughts?
Dave,

With all RC vehicles, it is always best to get things right mechanically before using any tx trim. It's a part of 'good modeling practice'. Tx trim should be used only for very fine adjustments. I always make sure my aircraft fly as straight & true as possible at cruise without tx trim. I then use tx trim for any in-flight trim-changes that may be required when changing flight-conditions.

According to Horizon, one should never use sub-trims on linear servos because they won't center properly. On AS3X-equipped planes & flybarless helis, one should also use a bare minimum of regular tx trim. Mechanically center the controls using the pushrod U-bends. See page 6 in the manual for details on centering the controls. See page 7 for setting control horn positions.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:33 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
whats the kv difference between the old motor and the new one? is this new motor the same on as the current sbach mini?

cant wait till i get it!

Oh and how do you charge a 2s lipo......from the balance connector? never has a 2s this small......
Old Dec 07, 2011, 06:52 PM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
558 Posts
Just found out that these wont hit Australia now until mid January which is a month on top of the mid December release date.
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Just spoke to HH, they expect them the end of this week....
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:44 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Quote:
whats the kv difference between the old motor and the new one? is this new motor the same on as the current sbach mini?

cant wait till i get it!

Oh and how do you charge a 2s lipo......from the balance connector? never has a 2s this small......
Dave,

If you check the parts listing on the website, you will see that the Beast 3D uses the same 2500Kv motor as the Sbach. With the new brick and more powerful servos, the new Beast is a bit heavier than the original, so they added a bit of power to keep the thrust-to-weight up.

Few aftermarket chargers will charge through the balance-taps, but that's how these packs are charged. See Glenn at RC connectors for a charge-harness that will allow you to charge the packs on any aftermarket balance-charger. Just let him know which style balance-taps your charger has.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2011, 08:09 PM
Flying is Fun.Even if U Crash!
Australia, VIC, Ringwood
Joined Jul 2010
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
Just found out that these wont hit Australia now until mid January which is a month on top of the mid December release date.
May I ask where you got this bad news from?

Bugger!

Regs Chris
Claydoc is offline Find More Posts by Claydoc
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:42 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
That's a bit of a surprise. Since ChuckTSeeker has already done a review on one I thought they would be there at least as soon as here in north america.

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks