HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 29, 2012, 10:49 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
RCBabbel - you got any batts coming for this new blade 130x? Sorry... Really off topic but I gotta get my Babbelbat fix!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 11:10 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
RCBabbel - you got any batts coming for this new blade 130x? Sorry... Really off topic but I gotta get my Babbelbat fix!

T,

You know I D.

BB T.P. 325 65C w/UMX connectors will be added to my inventory by mid June.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=138

I've got the Blade 130x itch, bad!

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 12:08 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
T,

You know I D.

BB T.P. 325 65C w/UMX connectors will be added to my inventory by mid June.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=138

I've got the Blade 130x itch, bad!

rc
RC,

Absolutely perfect! I'm really looking forward to the 130X!

BTW - I've been charging the TP 2250 65c 3s packs that I use in my PA Extra 260 at nearly 9c (the limit of my charger), and they're still going strong after 100+ cycles. But then they just finished breaking-in at 70 cycles or so.

Forecast says low 60s & sunny, with a 4-8 MPH breeze blowing right down the runway. I believe I am going flying in the morning!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2012, 08:09 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
T,

You know I D.

BB T.P. 325 65C w/UMX connectors will be added to my inventory by mid June.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=138

I've got the Blade 130x itch, bad!

rc
Awesome! I knew I could count on you!

Yes - the 130x looks to be a lot of fun. Bigger than the mCPx so I can actually see it when it gets more than 15 feet away and MUCH, MUCH more powerful with a shaft driven tail. Definitely looking forward to this one.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 10:12 AM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,990 Posts
Count me in!

I was going to save up for a 500X but the 130 is more apropriate...
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LemonRx V3 stab in Parkzone Ka8
Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 11:02 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Count me in!

I was going to save up for a 500X but the 130 is more apropriate...
I was thinking about the 300X or 450X, but the 130X should be just about the perfect size for flying around the backyard from my deck. I'm not a 3D guy, so I'd have to go to the field to have much fun with the 450, or even the 300. For me, helis are about the convenience of flying at home - even when it's windy. If I have to go to the field to fly, I'd rather fly fixed-wing. I enjoy flying my brushless mCP X around the yard, but it gets really small in a hurry during FFF, and my eyeballs aren't getting any better as I get older. I'm hoping the 130X will be sort of an mCP X for old eyeballs!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2012, 11:14 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I was thinking about the 300X or 450X, but the 130X should be just about the perfect size for flying around the backyard from my deck. I'm not a 3D guy, so I'd have to go to the field to have much fun with the 450, or even the 300. For me, helis are about the convenience of flying at home - even when it's windy. If I have to go to the field to fly, I'd rather fly fixed-wing. I enjoy flying my brushless mCP X around the yard, but it gets really small in a hurry during FFF, and my eyeballs aren't getting any better as I get older. I'm hoping the 130X will be sort of an mCP X for old eyeballs!

Joel
I completely agree Joel. And as you know I do enjoy mixing a little 3D in with my helis but I just found the mCPx to be a little too under-powered to really enjoy and of that stuff and I didn't feel like upgrading it to brushless. So this 130x is a perfect comprimise for me - small but big enough to actually see and it also appears PLENTY powerful for basic 3D stuff for a beginner 3D heli guy. I know that the more experienced 3D heli guys can really sling the mCPx around but for someone starting out that needs more power to pull through some less than perfect manuevers the 130x seems to be the ticket.

I was also eyeing the 450x but lost interest as it took it forever to get released. I ended up buying a FBL 450 Pro from the HeliFreak classifieds. I loved that heli but just ended up deciding I'd rather put that money into a 3D plane so I sold it. But now I'm left wanting another heli - just nothing in that size range yet. Maybe down the road if my heli 3D interests ever get serious enough. But at that point I'll likely just get something bigger anyway.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 01, 2012, 08:56 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
More 3Scapades with the B3D

Yesterday was a perfect flying day. Just having some fun with the B3D on 3s. Power-climbs, KE, KE loops, and generally screwing around. Makes me want to drop a 2300Kv/5030 combo into the Gee Bee & have RCBabbel whip up a few Hyp 240 & TP 325 65c 3s packs.

Some more 3s fun with the Beast 3D (6 min 24 sec)


Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:11 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,091 Posts
Anyone get their backordered boards yet? Still waiting on my latest replacement I am wondering.. Did they take a bunch of stock off of the market? Or did they just sell out of them? My first as3x board that came from the pre-order is in a different plane and has been used and abused and still works fine. Heck Ive never even cleaned it. Think its possible they had a bad batch that they took off the market? I dont really care, I am just curious. The customer service with horizon has been top notch and have helped me out with this issue since day 1.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:04 PM
Registered User
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Anyone get their backordered boards yet? Still waiting on my latest replacement I am wondering.. Did they take a bunch of stock off of the market? Or did they just sell out of them? My first as3x board that came from the pre-order is in a different plane and has been used and abused and still works fine. Heck Ive never even cleaned it. Think its possible they had a bad batch that they took off the market? I dont really care, I am just curious. The customer service with horizon has been top notch and have helped me out with this issue since day 1.


nope, still waiting for mine. On Horizon website there is a letter apologizing for parts delays.
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:13 PM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,561 Posts
A rare Saturday off for me this AM.
On site at first light with my Sbach, B3D, V1 Beast and a bag full of batts.
Dead calm conditions for the first couple of hrs.
Had a blast with the V1 and Sbach while the conditions were perfect.

I fly my Sbach and B3D on Hyp (3S) 180s.
Noticed on one of my B3D flights that an older couple had stopped to watch.
The B3D on 3S is an amazing performer.
As soon as her wheels touched down, I received a standing ovation!
That's a first.

I'm continually amazed by my 3S powered B3D.
I've only changed the prop and batt.
For a 2oz bipe, she m o v e s!
On a down-wind WOT pass, she screams!
Five sec of WOT vertical and she is a tiny spec in the sky.

Good times in Twin!!

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:05 AM
Registered User
Geoff2005's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2006
1,509 Posts
Hi,
I just got hold of one of these and have flown it once at the park and once indoors. Thought it went well in the breeze outdoors however indoors it felt like the stability system was a hinderence to predicting responses to the sticks. Also felt like the motor lacked static thrust (would benefit from a slower and larger prop).

So a couple of questions:
What does the stock motor weigh?
Can the stability system be disabled?

I have some of these 8gm motors that go well on 6x3 http://www.microbrushless.com/productsG3.htm that may be a possibility if the weight is in the ballpark.

regards
Geoff
Geoff2005 is offline Find More Posts by Geoff2005
Last edited by Geoff2005; Jun 04, 2012 at 06:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:37 AM
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff2005 View Post
Hi,
I just got hold of one of these and have flown it once at the park and once indoors. Thought it went well in the breeze outdoors however indoors it felt like the stability system was a hinderence to predicting responses to the sticks. Also felt like the motor lacked static thrust (would benefit from a slower and larger prop).

So a couple of questions:
What does the stock motor weigh?
Can the stability system be disabled?

regards
Geoff
The stock motor/prop is not the greatest. you can greatly improve performance (30-40% more power )by switching to the HorizonHobby BL180 2300kv motor and putting a gws 5043 prop on it. Don't forget to toss those poor E-flite batteries and get some good high quality packs as well.

As to the stability system, no you cant disable it, at least not that anyone had found. But that said it only helps, even indoors. Have you flown the V1 beast? I think you'll find that without the AS3X system indoor gym flight would barely be possible. Just remember to coordinate your turns with rudder and the beast will be very predicable indoors.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:52 AM
Registered User
Geoff2005's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2006
1,509 Posts
Thanks Brian.

I see the HH180 2200 is 8.3gm, the 2300 doesn't spec the weight but I'll assume similar, so the Mighty Midget may work if the mount works without to much hassle.
Geoff2005 is offline Find More Posts by Geoff2005
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:09 AM
Parkzone junkie
kalmon's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff2005 View Post
Thanks Brian.

I see the HH180 2200 is 8.3gm, the 2300 doesn't spec the weight but I'll assume similar, so the Mighty Midget may work if the mount works without to much hassle.
Yeah I think there was talk of trying out that Mighty Midget motor over in the other beast thread, or maybe in the umx Sbach342 thread. Honestly though changing to the 2300kv motor, while kinda pricey, offers some really nice options:
1. 3S battery usage. While its definitely not HH approved there have been 0 reported failures using a 3S pack. You'll get over 300w/lb on this setup. Just try to limit full throttle to short bursts.
2. It is quiet. The servos are louder than this motor.
3. Even on 2S you'll get unlimited vertical and more than adequate power.
4. Longer flight times. The 2300kv motor seems to draw less and most people were getting slightly more flight time on each pack.

As to the larger prop I know GWS makes a 6030 prop. Maybe someone else here can post some results. I do know that it is not the best choice with the stock 2500kv motor though.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Beast Owners thread! darksiede Micro Ready-to-Fly 18305 Yesterday 04:20 PM
Sold Eflite UMX Beast w/3batt and charger $120 shipped RobDog Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 06, 2011 09:40 PM
Wanted eflite UMX Beast fnlrun Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Dec 12, 2010 04:23 AM
Sold eflite UMX BEAST TERMAGATOR Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Dec 04, 2010 01:16 AM