Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:21 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEN View Post
Silverexpress,
I saw the version 6 upgrade and it looked like mainly a helo upgrade. Do you think the physics have changed enough to warrant upgrading for us plank only flyers?
According to this link...

http://knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27650

The physics changes seem substantial. You may want to try it before you buy it at an LHS or a friend who has it.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:28 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,776 Posts
Flite Test - E-flite Beast 3D AS3X - REVIEW (10 min 51 sec)

Check this out guys
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:33 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Nice! Thx for the quick post.
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:10 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Besides having to put up with these 2 idiots dialog the video was interesting. Plane seemed a bit tail heavy.....maybe it was the wind
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:41 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Besides having to put up with these 2 idiots dialog the video was interesting. Plane seemed a bit tail heavy.....maybe it was the wind
That's the idea with the 3D Beast. You can run an aft CG, which improves 3D flight - but the AS3X will keep the plane from getting squirrelly.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:33 AM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
I agree.. Thr video needs less hipster
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:01 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,776 Posts
Guys, you miss the point of flight test. That is the point making it fresh rather than two boring people stood there talking about the plane like everyone else does. Just saying.
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:13 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,384 Posts
I got sucked into their other videos and found them really interesting. The Fowl Flier was pretty funny. They put a 10 pound turkey in a scratch built turkey carrying electric plane and gave him one last flight.

http://flitetest.com/articles/fowl-flyer/
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:30 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowerz View Post
Guys, you miss the point of flight test. That is the point making it fresh rather than two boring people stood there talking about the plane like everyone else does. Just saying.
Their idiotic "banter" is not "fresh". Jovial? JOVIAL?? What the hell did all that have to do with the Beast, or flying? I stopped watching right there. Signal to noise ratio is unacceptably low. Stop wasting my time.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:36 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Their idiotic "banter" is not "fresh". Jovial? JOVIAL?? What the hell did all that have to do with the Beast, or flying? I stopped watching right there. Signal to noise ratio is unacceptably low. Stop wasting my time.
LOL! I agree. I'd much rather watch a more technical review than something like that.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:30 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
"Sup homies yo yo check it I'mma tellin' you'ze all...heck wit dis ol' Beast...<*toss*>..."

maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:26 PM
I hate winter!
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
1,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
"Sup homies yo yo check it I'mma tellin' you'ze all...heck wit dis ol' Beast...<*toss*>..."

Yep. Hipster 20 year olds may work for teens, but not for grown men. Let's cut to the chase and get the facts and the flying. Who are they trying to market to? Bieber fans?
binaryclock is offline Find More Posts by binaryclock
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:40 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
Mine was a kit - BUT thissize believe it or not is not as popular as the smaller stuff for the UMX300 gear!
It is a far better flier and on tthe 6.3 takes off at a very slow speed and cruises much like a VAPOR!
Is this available for purchase - where - how much - more info please, I want one. ---- Thanks
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 25, 2011, 10:04 PM
Joined Jul 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
maybe there trying to get the audience from ages say 13-30 i enjoyed it quiet a bit as i do enjoy all there videos maybe your "older" generation people dont enjoy that kind of stuff, there showing the fun side of the hobby while giving a review not a boring review of "and it has a 350mm wing span, the plane can knife edge with precision due to the bla bla bla bla bla" that stuff is boring as hell i enjoy there fresh approach so i think its unfair for you to say that there videos are nothing but idiotic banter and imature wait for your boring review with a 60yo guy sitting infront of the screen outlining every boring part of the plane that people dont care about. Your average flying just wants to see it fly good thats about all he dosnt care about every spec details. Who is your average flyer you ask, well i categorise them as someone who just does this for fun, has no interest in joining upto a club and just enjoys taking a plane out after work or school for a bit of fun!
keithy351 is offline Find More Posts by keithy351
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:40 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy351 View Post
... i think its unfair for you to say that there videos are nothing but idiotic banter and imature ...
I never said this. Funny how people put words in my mouth.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq