Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:41 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,285 Posts
If I could have figured a way to avoid shipping, I would have bought one last night. Even though I have 1.5 of them now.
mclarkson is online now Find More Posts by mclarkson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:12 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,255 Posts
Can't wait for mine to show up!!!
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:31 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Just bought one NIB for $40.

I've been waiting to get one of these long before they were even created.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:21 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Will the extra 60mah of this battery affect flight characteristics much? Is it worth the extra flight time?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26741

Thanks
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:30 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Super discussed on this thread.

Loves high capacity batts, if you use a 5030 to avoid OCP.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:08 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
Will the extra 60mah of this battery affect flight characteristics much? Is it worth the extra flight time?

Thanks
I use those packs in my Sbach 3D, I like the extra flight times and added power, but yeah, I can notice the extra weight in that plane. I will be using those packs when I get my Gee Bee. I have the Hyperion 240's and for some reason they are nearly the same weight but I don't notice it as much. Probably because they don't drop off as much, they fly more consistent throughout the flight.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:23 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Have you guys seen this clip? Super-cool! Wish we could get something like that going around here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC_C7s03IK8

Joel
This is so awesome! I just bought the Stryker or I would be strongly considering this for $64.99. Without the shipping charge I probably would be pulling the trigger right now.
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:40 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,255 Posts
Quote:

Thanks
I have the 300's!
they rock in my UM Stryker
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:49 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,630 Posts
Quote:

Thanks
If you want the best performance of any factory-made pack that will fit the Gee Bee or any of the UMX planes, pick up some Thunder Power 325 mAh 65c UMX packs. Bench-testing & flight-testing shows that they are by far the best-performing packs you can get for any UMX plane, and also the Blade 130X. You'll get considerably more speed & much higher thrust-to-weight than any other pack that will fit the plane - along with excellent flight-time. Plus, they're designed for 12c charging, and they last for 600 cycles before they start to fade away, when properly cared for.

If you want the absolute best performance, pick up some custom ultralight TP 325s from RCBabbel. They're a couple of grams lighter, which provides even better performance.

Nothing comes even close to the performance of the TP 325 65c packs, and they last 6-12 times longer than the cheap packs - even when they're charged at 12c.

Also, be sure to switch to the GWS 5030 prop. You'll get more thrust, higher top-speed, and longer flights than the stock prop, and it also completely eliminates any OCP issues.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Feb 09, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:56 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
If you want the best performance of any factory-made pack that will fit the Gee Bee or any of the UMX planes, pick up some Thunder Power 325 mAh 65c UMX packs. Bench-testing & flight-testing shows that they are by far the best-performing packs you can get for any UMX plane, and also the Blade 130X. You'll get considerably more speed & much higher thrust-to-weight than any other pack that will fit the plane - along with excellent flight-time. Plus, they're designed for 12c charging, and they last for 600 cycles before they start to fade away, when properly cared for. Those Nanos will come pre-faded from the factory, and you won't get anywhere near the top speed or vertical performance of the TP 325 65c packs.

If you want the absolute best performance, pick up some custom ultralight TP 325s from RCBabbel. They're a couple of grams lighter, which provides even better performance.

Also, be sure to switch to the GWS 5030 prop. You'll get more thrust, higher top-speed, and longer flights than the stock prop, and it also completely eliminates any OCP issues.

Joel
I fixed this for you. (as you can tell I've had some nano-tech moments. Brand new ones puffed straight up on first charge, at LESS than 1c.)
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:18 AM
Round Lake, IL
Joined Sep 2005
151 Posts
Sorry if this info is already somewhere in this thread- what charger cord/adapter would you suggest I use to charge these packs with my power lab 8 charger? Many thanks in advance.
bjohnson80 is offline Find More Posts by bjohnson80
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:42 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnson80 View Post
Sorry if this info is already somewhere in this thread- what charger cord/adapter would you suggest I use to charge these packs with my power lab 8 charger? Many thanks in advance.
There are a number of charge harnesses available for charging single UMX packs and also for charging many packs in parallel. I recommend getting them from RCBabbel. While you're at it, you can pick up a couple of his custom ultralight TP 325 65c packs so that you can experience the full performance of this plane. Glenn at RC-connectors also makes a variety of UMX charge-harnesses.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:04 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,624 Posts
I just use the included charger plugged into the wall. I just had to check my box of wal-wart's and found one from an old phone that was the correct voltage but wrong polarity, so I cut it and reversed the wires, and usd that till I found another one at a thrift store (from a linksys router) that was the correct voltage and polarity, with plenty of amp output....

If anyone wants the one that was cut and reversed, I will send it to you for just the shipping cost, PM me and let me know....
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:31 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,630 Posts
Dacaur,

He wants to use his hobby-grade charger - which is a much, much better choice than using the included toy-grade charger that doesn't tell you the depth-of-discharge, doesn't have a storage-charge function, and can't fast-charge the aftermarket packs that are designed for 5c-12c charging.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:34 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
Quote:

Thanks
I use these 350mah 2s http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9028 in both my GB and Beast. The Beast NOW has a 5030 prop the GB 's is the stock one. The GB can also benefit from a 5030 prop?
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates